Home Press Releases Ambulance Services Market Expected to Reach USD 29.78 Billion Globally in 2019
Ambulance Services Market Expected to Reach USD 29.78 Billion Globally in 2019
Posted on May 23, 2014
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research (www.transparencymarketresearch.com) “Ambulance Services Market (By Mode of Transport - Ground Ambulance Services, Air Ambulance Services and Water Ambulance Services, By Emergency Type - Emergency Ambulance Services and Non-Emergency Ambulance Services and By Equipment Type - Advance Life Support (ALS) Ambulance Services and Basic Life Support (BLS) Ambulance Services) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019,” in the year 2012, the global Ambulance Services market was valued at USD 17.00 billion and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period 2013 to 2019 to reach a market value of USD 29.78 billion by 2019.
Ambulance is utilized for the transport of patients to and from hospitals for their medical treatment. The services that are provided include monitoring via various medical equipment and basic treatments by emergency medical technician (EMT). Ambulance services are extensively utilized at war fronts to rescue injured patients. The global market for Ambulance Services has been estimated to grow at the rate of 8.3% during the forecast period from 2013 to 2019. The growth of ambulance services market is primarily attributed to consistent rise in geriatric population since elderly people are more susceptible to various diseases that generate frequent need for their visit to hospitals for medical checkups and treatment. Favorable reimbursement scenario for availing ambulance services is further expected to augment the growth of this market. Likewise, increasing incidences of accidents across the globe is also anticipated to propel the demand for ambulance services.
The report on ambulance services describes several modes of transport that are utilized for patient transportation, amongst which ground ambulance services market accounted for the largest share (over 75%) by revenue of the total market. The growth of this market is also expected to exhibit impressive growth rate of 8.3% during the forecast period. Ground ambulance services are the most widely utilized mode of patient transport that results in high revenue generation. Also, majority of the ambulance service providers are engaged in providing ground ambulance services which further enhances the revenue share. Air ambulance services is the second largest segment that utilizes services due to increase in medical tourism in developing nations such as Thailand and India.
Emergency ambulance services market accounted for the largest share by revenue in 2012 and is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the study period. This growth is attributed to improving reimbursement policies for emergency ambulance services coupled with increasing number of emergency medical hospitalizations. Similarly, based on the equipment type market for ALS ambulance services accounted for the largest share in terms of revenue in 2012 and is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR of 8.5% throughout the forecast period from 2013 to 2019. High level medical equipment such as incubators and cardiac monitoring system are installed in ALS ambulance that facilitates better medical assistance while transporting patient. This results in escalated demand for ALS ambulance services in emergency cases and in turn supports the growth of this market.
Geographically, North America accounted for the largest share in terms of revenue of the total market for ambulance services in 2012. This dominance is majorly witnessed due to the presence of large number of elderly people. Presence of large number of major players of the market in this region which facilitates easy penetration also contributed in recording the largest share of the market. Owing to rise in disposable income coupled with increasing healthcare expenditure, Asia-Pacific region has been estimated to foresee the highest growth during the forecast period. The global ambulance services market is dominated by Envision Healthcare Corporation, Falck A/S, Rural/Metro Corporation, Air Methods Corporation and Acadian Ambulance Service.
Browse the full report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/ambulance-services-industry.html
The global ambulance services market has been segmented as below:
Ambulance Services Market, by Mode of Transport
- Ground Ambulance Service
- Air Ambulance Service
- Water Ambulance Service
Ambulance Services Market, by Equipment
- Advance Life Support (ALS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Ambulance Services Market, by Emergency Type
Ambulance Services Market, by Geography
- North America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Vitreous Tamponades Market (Tamponades Types: Gaseous Tamponades and Liquid Tamponades [Silicone Oil, Perfluorocarbons]) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- Vitreous tamponades are essentials used in vitrectomy procedures conducted in the human eye that either assist in healing/reattachment of the retina or provide a replacement to a clouded vitreous humor. This report studies the current as well as future prospects of the global vitreous tamponades market. The report comprises an elaborate executive summary that includes extensive analysis of the vitreous tamponade...
- Acute Care Needleless Connectors Market (By Design Type: Simple and Complex; By Mechanism: Positive, Negative and Neutral Displacement; and By Dwell Time: 7 Days and Other than 7 Days) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Needleless connectors are devices that are used to connect catheter and syringe or IV systems. Rising needlestick injuries to health care workers and thereby rising incidences of blood-borne diseases are primarily propelling demand for acute care needleless connectors globally. Needleless connectors enable easy administration of drugs as well as withdrawal of blood intravenously. However, needleless connectors...
- Auto-Injectors Market (Product Types: Prefilled and Fillable Auto-injectors; Therapeutic Applications: Anaphylaxis, Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Others; Manufacturing Design: Standardized and Customized Auto-injectors) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2020Auto-injectors are used for the administration of a single dose of a particular (typically life-saving) drug. They are designed for easy use and intended for self administration or administration by any untrained personnel.This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global auto-injectors market. The stakeholders...