Personal mobility devices assists the patients who have lost their mobility owing to severe leg trauma, paralysis or any other medical ailment impairing leg movement. Some of the personal mobility devices are wheelchairs, scooters, power driven vehicles and walking aides. Several variants of these devices are available in the market. For example, wheelchairs can be manual which are operated manually or motorized which are operated by a motor, while the walking aids include canes, crutches, rollators and walkers.
Increase in patient population induced by enhanced life expectancy is majorly responsible for the growth of the market. In addition, rising number of diseases causing motion impairment also contributes to the market growth. Increasing trend of patient community for active and independent living also helps to boost the personal mobility devices market. Furthermore, incessant evolution has led to improved portability and user friendliness in these devices which has enhanced their global adoption ratio.
The personal mobility devices have high purchase and maintenance cost which act as a major restraint to the market. This justifies their low penetration level in many developing and under developed nations which have low disposable income. Moreover, patients, especially old age people, are reluctant to use these devices and therefore require a lot of time to accept them, which results into poor adoption rate and hence restricts growth of the market.
Focus on improving ergonomics of these devices pose as a potential opportunity to the personal mobility devices market in the near future. For example, manual wheelchairs are being progressively replaced by motorized wheel chairs which eliminate patients’ efforts to ride the chair on their own.
Some of the companies involved in the manufacturing of personal mobility devices are Drive Medical, Invacare, Medline, Pridemobility, Pihsiang (Shoprider) Karman and Kymco.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments