Periodontal (gums) diseases include infections of gums and its surrounding tissue which causes loosening of teeth. There are two forms of periodontal diseases which include gingivitis and periodontitis. Gingivitis is inflammation of gums and usually precedes periodontitis. Timely treatment of gingivitis leads to healthy gums, but if the inflammation is left unnoticed, it may lead to periodontitis causing an irreversible damage. Oral health is a growing concern across the globe, where around 45% of the Americans suffered from periodontitis in 2012 according to American Academy of Periodontology. The study also indicated that the prevalence is higher in men (56%) as compared to women. According to Oral Health European Platform, an association for dental care, around 50% of the European population suffers from some periodontal disease. Similar statistics were discussed by a review article published title Global Prevalence on Periodontitis in 2012. According to the article, prevalence of severe periodontitis was in the range of 20-30% in India, while in Bangladesh, Canada and Germany it was more than 20%. The data statistics indicate that a large market opportunity exists because of the high prevalence of periodontal diseases worldwide.
The market for periodontal disease therapeutics can be segmented by therapeutic drugs as below:
The market for periodontal disease therapeutics is leveraged by the rising prevalence of diabetes which is one of the major predisposing factors for infections in the body including gums. Smoking, hormonal changes are other reasons which lead to gum problems. With rising awareness about oral health and hygiene, the market is expected to grow in Asia-Pacific and other countries in Latin America and the Middle East. Cost of branded drugs is also a barrier for the growth of the market in developing economies. Although currently generic form of Periostat alone is available in the market, patent expiry is expected to fuel the market growth in the near future. Owing to high spending capacities, increased awareness, better reimbursement scenario, Europe and North America lad the market. Major players in the market include OraPharma, Inc., Kaken Pharmaceutical, and Fibrocell Sciences, Inc., DexcelPharma.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments