Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a simple and rapid method to amplify DNA, i.e. produce a large number of clones of DNA molecules from a sample. In the fields of molecular biology or molecular pathology, where the sample quality might be poor, PCR has become the most widely used technology.
The market for PCR technology includes reagents and consumables, instruments, software and services. The reagents and consumables segment accounts for the largest share in this market, followed by the instruments segment. Growth of this market is fuelled by increased usage and wide applications in the fields of life sciences research, clinical diagnostics and drug discovery. Increasing number of patients suffering from cancer, AIDS and hepatitis and heavy investments in medical R&D are some other factors driving growth of this market.
A paradigm shift in drug discovery technologies, from plant-derived chemicals to cellular and genetic components, has provided great impetus to the use of PCR technology. Pharmacogenomics processes are now increasingly utilizing genotyping and phenotyping methods for identification of clinical biomarkers. However, this market is characterized mainly by rapid technological advancements, indicating a highly competitive scenario for market players. Competitive pricing pressures have led to an intense struggle amongst key players, for retaining their market shares.
Various PCR techniques available in the market include Q-PCR, Reverse-Transcription PCR (RT-PCR), Inverse PCR and Assembly PCR, of which Q-PCR is the fastest growing technique in the market. Different application areas include research, DNA sequencing, tissue typing, infectious diseases, gene expression, diagnosis and others.
Some of the major players dominating the market space are Abbott Laboratories, Affymetrix Inc., Agilent Technologies, Beckman Coulter Inc., Bio-Rad, Becton, Dickinson and Co., GE Healthcare, Sigma-Aldrich Corp. and Roche.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments