Pharmaceutical formulations containing proteins and peptides are usually administered via intravenous or subcutaneous route of administration, because instability and sensitivity towards body fluids. However, owing to rising R&D activities and technological advancements, the researchers have successfully developed protein formulations that are orally administered with no change in therapeutic activity and pharmacokinetic aspects.The market for oral proteins and peptides is expected to show a promising growth, owing to continuous research and development activities, technological advancements and increasing prevalence of chronic disorders such as diabetes, tumors and others. According to the report of International Diabetes Federation, the total number of diabetes patients is expected to increase from 382 million (2013) to 592 million (2035). Such an astonishing rise in number of people diagnosed with diabeteswould boost the growth of this market during the study period. In addition, due to increasing R&D activities, large number of oral protein formulations are expected to be introduced in the market. However, lack of awareness, high cost of the R&D are some of the hurdles that could impose restrictions to the growth of the market.
The market of oral proteins and peptides is segmented on the basis of drugs available, such as Linaclotide, IN-105 (inslulin), Ostora, Octreolin, Plecantide and others. The market is also segmented on the basis of technologies used for the development of formulations, such as Gastrointestinal Permeation Enhancement Technology (GIPET), Eligen, Peptelligence, oral antibody platform, Multi-Matrix Systems (MMX) and others. Moreover, the market is segmented on the basis of geography, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). At present, North America region is the most prominent market of the oral protein and peptide formulations. However, Asia-Pacific and certain countries in the RoW region are the most promising markets in near future.
Some of the major players present in the market includes ZydusCadilla Healthcare, Sanofi-Aventis LLC, Roche, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., Novartis AG, Johnson & Johnson, and Abbott Laboratories amongst others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments