Kinase inhibitors are enzymes which selectively block the action of other enzymes. They help in regulation of the activity of other proteins and, more indirectly, the activities of cells. All these kinases can be divided by amino acids in which phosphorylation is inhibited. Since they can control or regulate the activities of other cells, they are often used in the treatment of cancer and inflammatory conditions.
Due to the rise in the incidence of cancer patients globally, kinase inhibitors are being considered to be of potential help in prevention of proliferation of these cancerous cells. Most of the drugs in clinical trials and those that are expected to be launched in recent years are based on the kinase inhibition activity of these drugs.
The kinase inhibitors market is expected to see a staggering growth with the current market valued at USD 15 billion in 2012 and anticipated to reach USD 36 billion in 2018 with a CAGR of 8 to 9 % from 2012 to 2018.
Exponential growth is projected due to a rise in the incidence of various cancers, rise in aging population and increased focus of pharmaceutical companies on R&D to come up with potential medicines for treatment of cancers. Healthcare cost containment issues and cuts in research funding are the major setbacks for the growth of this market.
Competition to launch newer products, which would accelerate sales revenues has propelled the major players to focus on the growth of kinase inhibitors. For instance Novartis’s Gleevec for treatment of leukemia is amongst the best-selling kinase inhibitor drugs.
Some of the major players in this market are AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Bayer, Novartis, and Roche and Pfizer. U.S., Japan, and Europe remain the major markets, however, rise in incidence of cancer and disposable income in emerging countries like India and China are gaining attention from these pharmaceutical players.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments