Head up Display (HMD) is a transparent screen present in front of the user. HUD presents all the rudimentary data on the screen vital for performing different operations. HUD was initially integrated in military aircrafts helping them glide smoothly and hit the enemy targets at ease. Earlier the display comprised of Cathode Ray Tubes (CRT) which then transformed into LED, which was then ultimately replaced by HUD devices after its invention in the 1940’s. After World War II, HUD devices were integrated into military aviation only. HUD devices were later on integrated into commercial airlines by 1990’s. Depending upon the application HUDs are specially developed and designed for aircrafts and automotives.
HUD devices are quite compact as compared to huge LED screens that are wired and block view when not functioning. This fact is helping HUD devices gain popularity across the globe. HUD is not new technology; it was invented in early 1940’s, which has wide applications in various industries. When uploaded with an appropriate training module, HUD devices become capable of training a user effectively. A HUD device guides a user to take appropriate actions without losing their sight. Thus, HUD devices have a wide range of applications in many fields such as in aviation, engineering, science, medicine, gaming videos and automobiles which are boosting the HUD market.
The high cost of production involved in the development of HUD products acts as the major inhibitor to the market. The technology is still under research phase; hence huge investment acts as a restraining factor pulling back many manufacturers from entering the market. HUD devices are not yet very popular or known to a vast majority of the global population, which has a small impact over the market, and acts as a barrier to the HUD market. HUD devices are vital in the aviation sector; hence almost all military aircrafts across the globe have installed HUD devices in their aircrafts. Any new development in HUD devices would help the HUD market gain fresh opportunities, as most manufacturers have a tie-up with governmental aviation agencies.
Some of the key players manufacturing HUD devices are Delphi, Osram, Elbitsystems, Continental, Shenzhen Sunway Industry Co., Ltd., Recon Instruments, Esterline, Shanghai Cherish Display, Zhongshan Ten Square Display Co., Ltd., and Yuyao Exhibest Display Equipment Co., Ltd. and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments