Antimigraine drugs are the therapeutic agents indicated to use against migraine headaches. Migraine is characterized by recurrent attacks of moderate to severe headaches along with other nervous system symptoms. Migraine is more common in women than men, majorly due to the fluctuations in the harmone levels. According to a Medline article, around 12% of the U.S. population suffers from migraine headaches. The two major types of migraine are classic and common. Classic migraine is characterized by sudden change in eye sight and experience partial blindness or double vision. On the other hand common migraine patients witness sudden headaches on one or both the sides of the head. Migraine has a serious social and economic impact; According to National Headache Foundation migraine sufferers experience a loss in more than 157 million work days every year. Migraines cause both personal and professional disturbances and add to the overall healthcare costs to a nation. The treatment of migraine headaches is facilitated by administration of preventive medications, to avoid the migraine attacks and abortive medications to relieve the intense and periodic pain.
The market for anti-migraine drugs witnesses an upward growth curve majorly due to increasing incidences of migraine sufferers. The market can be segmented by type of therapeutic class of drugs involved in the treatment and geography. The major antimigraine drugs used against migraine includes the drugs belonging to the class, triptans such as Sumatriptan, Zolmitriptan, and others. Major factors influencing the growth of this market is the consistent rise in the incidence rates of migraine cases, increased acceptance levels, increased awareness and technological advances in the development of anti-migraine drugs. On the other hand patent expirations, high genericization and emergence of local players may mask the growth of the market. Some of the major market players of this market are Abbott Laboratories, Inc. Eisai, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Pfizer, Inc., AstraZeneca plc, and GlaxoSmithKline plc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments