Ammonia, also known as azane, is a compound of nitrogen and hydrogen. It is a colorless gas with a pungent odor. Ammonia is an essential source for many downstream nitrogen based products. It acts as a nutritional supplement in foods and fertilizers. It also has various applications in pharmaceutical industries and in cleansing products. Ammonia is used for commercial as well as household applications making it one of the most highly produced inorganic chemicals in the world.
The abundant use of ammonia in fertilizers and agricultural products is expected to drive the global market. Moreover, the large production capacities in China are expected to make Asia Pacific one of the key market segments in the ammonia market. Regions like Russia, Germany, Ukraine, and other East-European countries contribute to making Europe the other major market segment in the ammonia market.
The growth in fertilizer production and demand is expected to be the primary driver for the growth in the ammonia market. Acting as a vital source of nitrogen, which is a necessity for plant growth, it promises strong demand in the near future. Also, ammonia acts as a raw material for the preparation of nitric acid which is further used in the production of explosives. Refrigeration is another important application of ammonia, where it is used for cold storage, food preservation, and beverage production. However, modest growth in other application segments of ammonia like live stock, pharmaceuticals, plastics industry, paper industry, food industry, and chemicals among others, is expected to augment the demand in the near future.
One of the major factors that can hold this market back is the fluctuating prices of natural gas, the major feedstock for ammonia. Also, the toxic nature of ammonia in its applications is a major cause for concern. However, environmentally, ammonia is a non-hazardous gas as it does not contribute to global warming.
Some of the major players in the ammonia market are Terra Industries, BASF SE, Agrium, Inc., Koch Nitrogen Company, CF Industries, Inc., and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan, Inc. among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments