ZDDP Additives Market
ZDDP Additives Market (Product: Primary Alkyl ZDDP and Secondary Alkyl ZDDP; and Application: Automotive and Industrial) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
- Chemicals & Materials
- 180 Pages
ZDDP Additives: Description
- Zinc Dialkyl Dithiophosphate (ZDDP) is a compound developed in 1940s and since then it has been widely used antiwear additive in automotive engine oil and industrial lubrication. It is highly regarded as the most cost effective antiwear additive being used to prevent surface microwelding and subsequent wear & tear in case of metal to metal contact situation.
- ZDDP additives are generally used along with dispersants, detergents, pour point depressants, viscosity index improvers and additional organic oxidants. For instance, in automotive gear oil, ZDDP additive are used at 1.5-4% in combination with other additives such as sulfurized olefins, corrosion inhibitors, demulsifiers and detergents.
- ZDDP additives on account of their high thermal & hydrolytic stability and excellent antiwear characteristics are widely used in extreme pressure applications such as metalworking fluids, engine & gear oil and greases.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
What is the Key Product Categories of Global ZDDP Additives Market?
- ZDDP additives have dialkyl moieties and depending upon the alcohol group used, they are classified as primary alkyl ZDDP and secondary alkyl ZDDP.
- The relative effectiveness of ZDDP as an antiwear agent and its thermal and hydrolytic stability depends upon the alcohol used during its preparation. Primary alkyl ZDDP offers better thermal stability but are less effective in terms of antiwear protection and hydrolytic stability.
- Whereas, secondary alkyl ZDDP provides better hydrolytic stability and are effective antiwear agents. On account of these properties, secondary alkyl ZDDP, dominated the market accounting for more than half of the revenue market share in 2018.
- Secondary alkyl ZDDP, due to its low thermal stability resulting in quick film formation under high loads are preferred choice for extreme pressure applications. However, primary alkyl ZDDP because of its better thermal stability are used in hydraulic fluids as an antioxidant and antiwear agents.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
What are Key Drivers for Global ZDDP Additives Market?
- ZDDP additive is widely used in automotive sector in all the engine oils. The segment dominated the market accounting for more than 80% of the revenue market share in 2018. This can be ascribed to the multifunctional characteristics of ZDDP. For instance, it is employed as an anti-wear agent, mild extreme pressure agent, and oxidation and corrosion inhibitor.
- ZDDP operates under mixed lubrication conditions with a thin oil film separating the metal parts in automotive applications such as engine and components. Surface asperities intermittently penetrate the liquid film, giving rise to metal-to-metal contact.
- The ZDDP compound reacts with these asperities to reduce the contact. When the load is high enough to collapse the oil film, ZDDP reacts with the entire metal surface to prevent metal-to-metal contact reducing wear, hence prolonging the engine and component life.
- In industrial segment, industrial gear oil formulators have shifted towards ashless systems incorporating sulphur-phosphorous based extreme pressure antiwear chemistries. Hence the industrial sector only accounted for marginal market share and is expected to grow at a modest CAGR during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in ZDDP Additives Market, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global ZDDP Additives Market
- In terms of regional demand, Asia Pacific was the dominant region accounting for approximately 45% of the revenue market share in 2018. This is primarily ascribed to the increase in motor vehicle output, strong demand for aftermarket lubricants, and expansion in the manufacturing sector in the emerging countries such as China and India. In terms of country level, China is the largest producer and consumer of ZDDP additives in the word.
- The country held significant share of the ZDDP additives market in Asia Pacific in 2018. Rise in disposable income in countries such as China and India has boosted the demand for automobiles. This, in turn is expected to propel the consumption of ZDDP additives.
- North America and Europe are mature markets for ZDDP additives due to the implementation of stringent emission norms on the phosphorous level of ZDDP. In Europe, ZDDP additives are used in combination with sulfurized olefins to replace chlorinated parafins in medium to heavy duty metalworking fluids.
- The major OEM and oil companies are evaluating the permissible phosphorous level to meet the GF-5 standards across the region which will require engine oils to have minimal impact on emission system deterioration.
- This is expected to negatively impact the demand for ZDDP additives in the region. In the U.S. the use of ZDDP in metalworking fluids is limited due to environmental concern as U.S. EPA agency classifies these as marine pollutants.
Leading Players in Global ZDDP Additives Market
- Key players profiled in the ZDDP Additives market include
- Chevron Oronite Company LLC
- Afton Chemical Corporation
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Infineum International Limited
- Rislone CamGuard
- ZPlus, LLC
- Mukund Anderson Inc
- Prasol Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Market players have been profiled in terms of attributes such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, and recent developments.
Global ZDDP Additives Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global ZDDP additives market to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for growth of the global ZDDP additives market. The study also identifies growth avenues for stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the global ZDDP additives market is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global ZDDP additives market that aid companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the automotive industry with respect to the global ZDDP additives market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight growth prospects of the global ZDDP additives market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global ZDDP additives market, along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating in the global ZDDP additives market, wherein various developments and expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Global ZDDP Additives Market
The report provides detailed information about the global ZDDP additives market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global ZDDP additives market that would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which product segment of the global ZDDP additives market would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global ZDDP additives market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are winning imperatives of frontrunners in the global ZDDP additives market?
- Which end user segment is expected to generate maximum revenue in the global market for ZDDP additives during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – Global ZDDP Additives Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global ZDDP additives market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global ZDDP additives market.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global ZDDP additives market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global ZDDP additives market.
Global ZDDP Additives Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the global ZDDP additives market in terms of product, end user, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different segments and explains how they are influencing the growth of the global ZDDP additives market.