Yellow Fever Vaccine: Introduction
- Yellow fever is a serious, potentially deadly flu-like disease spread by Aedes aegypti mosquitoes, which also transmit dengue and Zika viruses. It's characterized by a high fever and jaundice. Jaundice is yellowing of the skin and eyes, which is why this disease is called yellow fever.
- Yellow fever is typically transmitted from human to human through the bite of an infected Aedes aegypti mosquito. Symptoms of yellow fever include high fever, headache, fatigue, muscle pain, diarrhea, anemia, skin rashes, and vomiting. Yellow fever has high mortality rate and can cause various neurological complications. Yellow fever causes CNS manifestations, which includes any degree of impaired consciousness, abnormal neurological signs, delirium, and focal and generalized convulsions. Causes of neurological manifestations in yellow fever are due to high-grade fever. Numerous tests are available to confirm the diagnosis including detecting antibodies to the virus or its RNA. Management of yellow fever is a challenge that needs to be addressed.
Key Drivers of Global Yellow Fever Vaccine Market
- The global yellow fever vaccine market is anticipated to expand rapidly in the near few years. Rising prevalence of dengue, increasing novel drug treatment, convenience of direct purchase, affordability of vaccine, high adoption and acceptance in developing markets, and innovations and developments in vaccine are key factors driving the market.
- The market is also witnessing certain restraints such as intense competition among existing players to develop new vaccine, high possibilities of side-effects of vaccine, complications and severity involved in taking wrong medications due to misdiagnosis or incorrect self-diagnosis, and lack of awareness among the rural population in developing and underdeveloped economies
Hospitals to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global yellow fever vaccine market can be classified into hospitals, diagnostic centers, point of care centers, and others
- The hospitals segment is expected to account for a major share of the global yellow fever vaccine market by 2031, due to easy access for outpatient department (OPD) patients to buy medicines
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Yellow Fever Vaccine Market
- In terms of region, the global yellow fever vaccine market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is the leading market for yellow fever vaccine, in terms of revenue, followed by Europe. The U.S. accounted for a prominent share of the market in the region. Asia Pacific and Latin America are emerging markets, which are expected to witness robust expansion during the forecast period.
- Expansion of the market in these regions is attributed to a rise in incidence of yellow fever, expansion of the healthcare industry, and increase in government investment to develop healthcare infrastructure. The yellow fever vaccine market in countries such as China, India, and Brazil is projected to expand at high growth rate during the forecast period due to increased awareness about yellow fever disease and its treatment among the population in these countries.
Key Players Operating in Global Yellow Fever Vaccine Market
The global yellow fever vaccine market is consolidated, with the presence of very less number of international and local players. Key players operating in the global yellow fever vaccine market are:
- Sanofi Pasteur SA
- Institut Pasteur de Dakar
- FSUE Chumakov
- iBio Inc.
- Panacea Biotec
- Biological E. Limited
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
Global Yellow Fever Vaccine Market: Research Scope
Global Yellow Fever Vaccine Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Point of care Centers
Global Yellow Fever Vaccine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.