Yarn Lubricants Market: Introduction
- The global yarn lubricants market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to properties of these lubricants such as easier needle penetration & elimination of carbon, sizing, or adhesive buildups on the needle or hook
- Yarn lubricants are used to reduce fiber-to-metal and fiber-to-fiber friction. They are also used to reduce static charges. Yarn lubricants are applied on the fabric surface to prevent damage during further processing.
- Yarn lubricants or anti-static textile oil is an emulsifiable oil, which can be made from mineral oils or biodegradable oils such as synthetic oils and vegetable oils, to which additives are added to make it emulsifiable and give it anti-static property
Key Drivers of Global Yarn Lubricants Market
- Global yarn lubricants market is dominated by Brazil, Russia, India, and China due to the increase in textile production in these countries. The yarn lubricants market offers significant potential for growth in these countries, especially those in Asia Pacific.
- Introduction of regulatory norms such as mandatory usage of seatbelts & airbags in automobiles, flame retardant fabrics in commercial places, and use of geotextiles for construction is likely to boost the demand for technical textiles. This, in turn, is expected to drive the global yarn lubricants market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Coning Oil Product Type Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of product type, coning oil is projected to be a rapidly growing segment of the global yarn lubricants market during the forecast period, as the oil provides excellent lubricity to filaments and reduces friction during operation
- Coning oil helps avoid yarn breakage and quality defects by reducing yarn to yarn and yarn to metal friction. Coning oil possesses anti-static property. As a result, the oil applied on the yarn helps lowers impact of the static electricity on yarn by improving its evacuation.
Increase in Environmental Concerns and Stringent Government Regulations Likely to Hamper Market
- Yarn lubricants are primarily used in the textile chemicals, and textile dyeing and finishing industries. This creates pollution issues, as these are chemically intensive industries and major polluters of clean water.
- Water consumption for dyeing varies between 30 liters per kilogram and 50 liters per kilogram of cloth depending on the type of dye used. The overall water consumption of yarn dyeing is about 60 liters per kilogram of yarn. The dyeing sector contributes 15% to 20% of the total wastewater flow.
- More than 120 azo dyes are banned in Europe, as they contain a specific chemical group derived from diazonium salts, which may form carcinogenic or mutagenic amines
- Regulatory authorities such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S., and the European Union (EU) have set stringent regulations for dyestuff. This is anticipated to hamper the yarn lubricants market in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Yarn Lubricants Market
- Asia Pacific constituted key share of the global yarn lubricants market in 2018, as the region is a major global manufacturer of textiles. Recently, production of textiles and the subsequent consumption of textile chemicals have primarily shifted to Asia Pacific, i.e. away from the traditional production centers such as the U.S. and Western Europe. However, certain segments of the textile industry in the U.S., Western Europe, and Japan such as technical textiles, tire cords, and nonwoven fabrics have remained unaffected by this geographical shift.
- Opportunity for yarn lubricants is high in environmentally sensitive zones. It is led by federal procurement programs, tenders, and self-regulation by OEMs and trade associations. The reasons behind relatively limited uptake of yarn lubricants are lack of regulations and presence of domestic labels, high prices, and lack of suitable additives.
- North America and Europe are considered mature regions of the market owing to the presence of well-established yarn lubricant players and developed economies of these regions
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global yarn lubricants market are:
- Total S.A
- Clearco Products
- Achitex Minerva
- Rudolf GmbH
- Siam Pro Dyechem Group
- Bozzetto Group
- Sar Lubricants
- Schill & Seilacher
- Zhejiang Communication
- Resil Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
Global Yarn Lubricants Market: Research Scope
Global Yarn Lubricants Market, by Product Type
- Spin Finish
- Coning Oil
- Knitting Oil
Global Yarn Lubricants Market, by Application
Global Yarn Lubricants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.