Global Wooden Floor Market – Introduction
- Laminating house floors with wooden material provides solid construction and is also environment friendly. A large part of commercial segments comprising hotels & restaurants, corporate offices, and cafes, etc. along with the residential sector prefer wooden flooring with aesthetic designs. The wider and longer wooden planks look more stylish and gives a contemporary feel to the whole interior design. Living spaces appear more spacious and all wooden floors come with a long-term guarantee. Wooden floors have a protective finish consisting of several layers of lacquer which is painted on wood to protect it and make it shiny. Availability of a wide variety of wooden floors offering a natural look has increased the options and choices for consumers to buy wooden floors with appealing looks and better touch.
Wooden floors are easy to maintain and easily installed
- Wooden floors made using natural hardwood from species of trees such as oak, birch, maple, and teak are durable and economical in the long run. The wooden floors can be maintained easily by cleaning the surface using a vacuum cleaner or a dry mop. The core of the wooden floor absorbs liquids and spills preventing dirt from liquids and spills getting into the wood texture and ensures a smoother surface in the long run. The wooden planks are easily accessible to more homeowners. Non-domestic hardwood with unique designs can be installed in commercial sectors directly on top of concrete and other subfloors. The convenient and cheap installation of planks above subfloors is driving the demand for wooden floors globally.
Wooden floors less susceptible to heat and moisture; scratch resistant properties attract high customer base
- High-strength is provided to wooden floors by base layers which can withstand more heat and moisture content coming from outside and do not change shape or become uneven and twisted due to dampness. Additionally, scratch resistant wooden flooring with hard protective finishing consisting of aluminum oxide has enabled greater residential use. Customers seeking benefits from the largest selection of engineered wooden flooring consisting of both domestic and exotic wooden floors have led to substantial increase in number of businesses dealing in wooden floors. The high quality material and eco-friendly wooden floors are gaining the focus of a number of customers.
North America to Dominate the Global Wooden Floor Market
- The global wooden floor market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global wooden floor market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace due to large living spaces requiring regular laminating, high standards and regulations for sustainable development, desire of people to showcase the beauty of wood, increase in number of castles and villas, and extensive availability of raw materials in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, France etc., which is projected to surge the sale of wooden floors in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to growing number of households, easy and fast installation of wooden floors, wide availability of sizes, shapes, and colors of wooden floors, and increase in protection provided to subfloors, etc. in China, India, Japan, and other countries in South East Asia, all of which is projected to fuel the growth of the wooden floor market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Wooden Floor Market
Major players operating in the global wooden floor market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as From the Forest, Somerset Hardwood Flooring, Harris Wood Floors, and AHF Products (Bruce), are creating wooden floors for better floor designing, with substantial thickness, and water-resistant wooden flooring. Companies are focusing on fast construction providing smooth texture.
Key players operating in the global wooden floor market include:
- From the Forest
- Somerset Hardwood Flooring
- Harris Wood Floors
- AHF Products (Bruce)
- Kährs International
- Johnson Hardwood
- LM Flooring
- Mullican Flooring
- Mohawk Industries
- Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
Global Wooden Floor Market – Research Scope
Global Wooden Floor Market, by Type
- Laminate flooring
- Solid Hardwood flooring
- Composite wood flooring or engineered wood flooring
- Parquet flooring
- Bamboo flooring
- Others (Cork flooring, etc.)
Global Wooden Floor Market, by Installation
- Click-lock (snap)
- Floor trim & molding
- Others (Nail down, etc.)
Global Wooden Floor Market, by Shade
Global Wooden Floor Market, by Width
- Below 5 inch
- 5-8 inch
- Above 5 inch
Global Wooden Floor Market, by Price Range
Global Wooden Floor Market, by End-use
- Hotels & Restaurants
- Salons & Spas
- Others (Hospitals, etc.)
Global Wooden Floor Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Others (independent retail stores, etc.)
Global Wooden Floor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.