Women Condom Market: Introduction
- Women condom is a product used as a contraceptive device. It is also called internal condom and acts as a barrier to keep sperm from entering the uterus. Women condom protects against unwanted pregnancy and STIs (Sexually Transmitted Infections). The product is a soft, loose-fitting pouch with a ring on both end. Latex is the most common material used in the manufacturing of women condom. FC1 and FC2 are FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved women condoms currently offered in the market.
Key Drivers of the Global Women Condom Market
- Rise in consumer awareness and increasing importance of birth control are key factors driving the demand for women condoms. Educated women are increasingly using contraceptive products to prevent pregnancies. Furthermore, career-oriented women in developed and developing countries are willing to use advanced products for birth control.
- Increasing preference for barrier methods in birth control is the key trend observed in recent years. However, the correct use as per the manufacturer’s instruction is essential to achieve higher efficacy rate. Millennial couples are increasingly utilizing women condom as a female-initiated method to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
Women Condom Market: Key Segments
- The global women condom market can be segmented based on material, distribution channel, and region. Based on material, the women condom market can be segmented into latex and non-latex. Most women condoms are made of polyurethane and synthetic latex, which is safe for women who are allergic to natural rubber latex. By distribution channel, the market can be segmented into online and offline distribution channel. Key offline channels of women condoms include hypermarkets, pharmacy/medical stores, and independent retailers of personal care products.
North America the Prominent Region in the Global Women Condom Market
- Based on region, the global women condom market can be classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market covers the women condom market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast for the women condom market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America women condom market is categorized into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- High penetration rate and wide ranging acceptance of female-initiated pregnancy control is driving the demand for women condoms in the North America market. Moreover, women in developed countries such as the U.S. and Canada have sufficient information about sexual and reproductive health and understand the risks associated with their own or their partners’ sexual behavior.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key brands of women condom are advancing their product portfolio to target a wide customer base. Multichannel product distribution and advertising on online platforms along with conventional print media are the key focus areas of major brands. Furthermore, manufacturers are investing in research and development activities to develop cost-effective and easy-to-use products.
Some of the major companies identified in the global women condom market are:
- Church & Dwight Co. Inc.
- Cupid Ltd.
- Fuji Latex Co. Ltd.
- Guilin HBM Health protections Inc.
- Karex Bhd
- LELOi AB
- LifeStyles Healthcare Pte. Ltd.
- Okamoto Industries Inc.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc
- Veru Inc.
Global Women Condom Market: Research Scope
Global Women Condom Market, by Material
Global Women Condom Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company owned website
- E-commerce website
- Pharmacy/Medical Stores
Global Women Condom Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global women condom market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.