Wireless Soc Market: Introduction
- A system on a chip (SoC) is a single integrated chip (IC) that contains all of the components found in a typical computer system. I/O ports (input/output), CPUs (central processing units), RAM (random access memory), and memory are all examples of SoCs. SoCs are typically designed to be efficient in terms of low power consumption and size.
- Wireless SoCs (System on Chips) have achieved a significant level of integration in the last few years. SoCs bring a new degree of design complexity to the table. Consequently, SystemC is becoming a standard language for continuous and mixed discrete event / continuous time systems, as well as a standard for digital system architecture. A major design challenge is supporting application-specific optimization in a very flexible way. Typical design goals are compactness, low power consumption, and flexibility to meet a wide range of application goals.
- Applications for SoCs appear to be nearly limitless, spanning from healthcare IoT to smart home technology. Tablets, smartphones, netbooks, and other smart gadgets are the most popular usage of SoCs. These devices exhibit how the SoC can deliver crucial general-purpose computing capabilities while consuming less power and taking up less space.
- Components for wireless IoT SoCs:
- Wireless capability integration entails merging analogue, digital, and RF circuits with mixed signals in a single integrated circuit
- The following are the major components of a typical ultra-low power wireless SoC, such as the GS1011.
- Power management
- Digital baseband processor
- On-chip SRAM memory
- On-chip flash memory
- Applications processor
- Connectivity such as 802.11b radio
- Media access controller (MAC)
- When selecting a SoC IoT chip for a certain application, there are numerous factors to consider. Power consumption, physical device size, data speed, latency, and other factors are among them.
- The three most important considerations are the power, range, and data rate. These parameters are linked in some way because the data rate and range are protocol dependent.
- In each application, the SoC must support the appropriate wireless protocol, which must be compatible with the IoT application and network. Therefore, the data rate and range are affected.
- While the protocol determines the distance, the IoT system designer must also consider the available space and battery energy to sufficiently power the RF module and other components in the chip. Primarily, there must be enough power available for the device to reach its intended range.
- The efficiency of the RF portion, the sensitivity of the receiver, and the energy consumption of the other components are all aspects that influence the SoC power requirements in a typical application.
- When using the SoC, there may be other difficulties to consider. In practice, combining digital and analogue circuitry poses various difficulties. Developers frequently make compromises to maintain reliability and performance, such as operating with reduced transmit power and receive sensitivity.
- These SoC capabilities enable direct connectivity to wireless networks, decreased implementation costs, simplicity of integration, prolonged battery life, and rapid deployment when employed in IoT applications.
Rising demand for Wireless SoC in Consumer Electronics industry
- Based on end-use industry, the global market can be segmented into consumer electronics, telecommunication, healthcare, information technology, aerospace and defense, automotive, industrial, and others.
- The consumer electronics segment of the Wireless SoC market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in use of wireless SoC for smart watches, wristband, smart appliances, lighting control devices, etc.
- Moreover, low-power, feature rich, and secure system-on-chip devices (SoCs) and accompanying software are ideal to cater to the demands of IoT systems such as lighting, smart metering, home and building automation, asset tracking, and portable medical/fitness equipment
- Wireless SoC also offers several advanced functions such as low power consumption and high levels of computing power
- Increasing use of Wireless SoC for technological advances in sensors, artificial intelligence (AI), and internet or cloud connectivity is further propelling the market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Wireless SoC Market
- In terms of region, the wireless SoC market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The wireless SoC market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period.
- This expansion is attributed to use of wireless SoC in various applications in diverse industries such the electronics industry owing to the increasing use of smartphones & other electronic devices in the market and rise in need for innovative and advanced technology in electronic devices. Thus, these factors are expected to increase the demand for wireless products.
- Surge in technological advancements in consumer electronics devices to make them user friendly and enhance their performance is expected to further propel the segment
- The Wireless SoC market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in North America and Europe is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Wireless SoC Market
Major players operating in the global wireless SoC market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to cater to the rising demand for wireless SoC. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative and advanced technology products.
Key players operating in the global wireless SoC Market include:
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- Dialog Semiconductor
- Espressif systems (shanghai) co., ltd.
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Nordic Semiconductor
- NXP Semiconductors
- Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC
- Qorvo Inc
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc
- Realtek Semiconductor Corp
- Silicon Laboratories
- Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Global Wireless SoC Market: Research Scope
Global Wireless SoC Market, by type
Global Wireless SoC Market, by Application
- Building Control
- Smart Appliances
- Others (Smart watches, Radar etc.)
Global Wireless SoC Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronic
- Information Technology
- Aerospace and Defense
- Others (Healthcare, Industrial etc.)
Global Wireless SoC Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa