Wireless LAN Controller Market: Introduction
- WLAN is a wireless architecture that caters to the changing network demands. A WLAN controller manages wireless network access points, which enable wireless devices to connect to the network.
- A wireless LAN controller is utilized to combine access point protocols in order to manage access points in large through network administrators or network operations centres. The WLAN controller automatically handles the configuration of wireless access points.
- There have been many attempts to manage the wireless LANs (WLANs) through a Software Defamed Networking (SDN) controller in the last few years. Previous WLAN management systems managed the wireless access points (WAPs) using dedicated controllers.
Rise in Demand for the Wireless LAN Controller Market
- Rising number of smart devices, such as mobile phones and tablets; the increasing number of data-intensive applications used in these smart devices; and the observed pattern of maximum data usage by end users when they are stationary, such as in homes, restaurants and workplace, are driving the global wireless LAN market
- The wireless LAN controller market is projected to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period, owing to a surge in the demand for reliable wireless infrastructure among various companies
- Expansion of organizations in their respective fields is fuelling the demand for an efficient wireless network that can take care of a wide range of network resources & applications
- Furthermore, increase in improvement in network security, wireless networking solutions, such as LAN controllers, is anticipated to further help in managing a larger network, which provides lucrative opportunities to the wireless LAN Controller market
North America to Lead Global Wireless LAN Controller Market
- In terms of region, the global wireless controller market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to account for a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period owing to the presence of large manufacturing companies in the region
- Europe, is also leading region in terms of adoption of new technologies, which is also a key factor driving the wireless LAN controller market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific to estimated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period due to a rise in the usage of smartphones and laptops by residential & business customers in the region
- Ongoing investments in wireless networking technologies, such as 4G & 5G, in Middle East & Africa and South America are also anticipated to fuel the adoption of LAN controllers to monitor access points and network devices in real-time in order to improve network efficiency in these regions
Key Players in the Global Wireless LAN Controller Market
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (Aruba Networks)
- Allied Telesis, Hirschmann
- Avaya Corporation
- ZTE Corporation
- Lancom Systems.
- Meru Networks
- Ruckus Wireless
Global Wireless LAN Controller Market, Research Scope
Global Wireless LAN Controller Market, by Product Type
- Standalone controller
- Integrated controller
Global Wireless LAN Controller Market, by Controller Type
- Cloud based
- Access point based
- Virtual controller
- Physical controller
Global Wireless LAN Controller Market, by Deployment
Global Wireless LAN Controller Market, by Application
- Service providers
- Large campuses
Global Wireless LAN Controller Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!