Winter Wear Market
Winter Wear Market (Product: Sweaters and Cardigans; Jackets, Coats, and Blazers; Scarves, Shawls, Wraps, Stoles, and Mufflers; Sweatshirts, Hoodies, and Pullovers; Thermals; Gloves; and Accessories; Consumer Group: Men, Women, and Kids; Fabric: Natural and Man-made; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019-2027
Press Release :
Companies Focus on Developing Sustainable Winter Wear
Innovations, evolving consumer preferences, and research & development activities are expected to play a major role in influencing the growth of the winter wear market in the near future. While winter wear can be broadly classified as seasonal apparel in a majority of the regions worldwide, its demand is significantly higher in prominent cold nations, including the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Greenland, Iceland, and Finland. Brands operating in the winter wear market are expected to manufacture new winter wear products including cardigans, sweaters, coats, blazers, hoodies, and thermal clothes, among others using new technologies and materials. Major established and new players in the current winter wear market landscape are largely investing resources in product development activities. Current trends, particularly in regions such as Europe and North America suggest that companies are also focusing on the sustainability of the product, as social and environmental issues have gained significant momentum in the past few years.
Apart from pricing strategies, brands are continually focusing on various aspects such as material sourcing, choice of fabric, and transparency to improve customer loyalty and position in the highly competitive winter wear market. As more number of companies continue to leverage the developments in fabric and insulation technology to improve the quality of their products, the demand for winter wear is growing at a steady rate worldwide. The global winter wear market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 282.3 Bn by the end of 2027, as uptake for winter wear manufactured using next-generation fabric with improved insulation and heat retention properties continues.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Winter Wear Market
Brands Tap into Spacesuit Technology to Develop Winter Wear Products
Climate change is playing a significant role in the expansion of the winter wear market. In anticipation of cooler winters and recording-breaking winter temperatures, several companies are eyeing novel technologies to improve the quality and efficiency of their products. Trends in the winter wear market suggest that, as temperatures start declining, sales via retail and online channels increase. In the current scenario, brands in the winter wear market landscape are focusing their efforts on achieving a higher thermal value for their products. For instance, in November 2018, Oros Apparel introduced Solarcore insulation and leveraged the advantages of space technology to develop one of the winters wear warmest jackets. The company made use of the aerogel material technology that was primarily used to develop NASA spacesuits, to manufacture innovative winter wear apparel.
Similarly, Supield Inc. announced the launch of the Kistler Aerogel Jacket in which the aerogel technology is used to develop one of the thinnest winter wear jackets. Within the winter wear market, the jackets, coats, and blazers product segment is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 134 Bn and account for ~47% of the market share by the end of 2027.
To understand how our report can bring a difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Changing Consumer Trends Dictate Product Attributes
Manufacturers operating in the winter wear market are taking into account the evolving consumer trends while developing new winter wear products. Current trends suggest a growing focus toward the manufacturing of comfortable, lightweight, and supple jackets by tapping into advancements in fabric technology. For instance, Vroom introduced a cutting-edge technology that is likely to enable players in the winter wear market to develop lightweight jackets using a single layer of breathable textile. This recent advancement is expected to gain the same amount of traction as that of the Gore-Tex jacket, which was introduced in the mid-1970s. The new technology introduced by Vroomi could be a major step away from conventional layering systems and weatherproof shells in winter wear apparel with better features.
Companies in the winter wear market landscape are highly inclined toward improving the outworn technology and expand their product portfolio. For instance, in January 2019, North Face revealed a breathable waterproof material, which, according to the company, will redefine the future of technical fabrics. The new material was developed using Nanospinning technology with which the company strives to manufacture gloves, tents, and jackets.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Winter Wear Market”
The winter wear market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The soaring demand for winter wear made using sustainable fabric will compel participants in the current market landscape to produce winter wear apparel using natural fabrics, including wool, fleece, and others. Brands should focus on product innovation and development of lightweight products using advanced materials and fabrics. Companies should align their operations with evolving consumer trends and focus on technical attributes of their products to gain competitive edge in the current market landscape.
Winter Wear Market: Overview
- Winter wear are the range of indoor and outdoor clothing gear designed and produced specifically for the winter season. These clothes provide appropriate warmth without compromising on fashion trends.
Winter Wear Market: Regional Overview
- Although North America and Europe are traditional winter wear markets, countries in Asia Pacific offer attractive opportunities for winter wear market players
- Among Asia Pacific countries, India is a prominent winter wear market
- In October 2019, Japanese global winter wear and apparel designer, manufacturer, and marketer, Fast Retailing Group introduced its brand “Uniqlo” in India. The company launched its flagship store in New Delhi, India. Thus, both Rupa & Company Ltd and Fast Retailing Group perceive good business opportunity in the winter wear market in India.
Winter Wear Market: Market Trends
- Rise in population is fueling the demand for winter wear across the world. Demand is increasing from traditional winter wear regions such as North America and Europe. Rising participation in outdoor activities, including winter sports is driving the sale of winter wear in these regions.
- In emerging countries of Asia Pacific, such as China and India, winter wear is not only positioned as a functional apparel to protect consumers from winter, but needs to have both functionality and fashion elements to attract modern consumers in these countries
- Winter wear brands comprise both global and local market players. In general, manufacturing winter wear is outsourced to low labor cost countries such as China, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Laos, Pakistan, etc.
Winter Wear Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- Through direct-to-consumer channels, which include flagship stores, branded e-Commerce channels, concession retail stores, etc., companies are increasing their revenue in the winter wear market. This is significantly driving the market for winter wear.
- Winter sports being held across the globe are also likely to drive the adoption of winter wear specifically designed and marketed for sports purpose
- In the Asia Pacific region, especially in Southeast Asian countries, as the duration of winter is shorter compared to other seasons, winter wear have limited shelf life in the region
- Branded winter wear companies are focusing on specifications, such as heat retention, feel, style, and design, and offering new and wide product range to attract more consumers. Companies are launching winter wear at innovative pricing and discount rates, which are increasing sales.
Winter Wear Market: Key Segments
The global winter wear market has been segmented based on type, consumer group, fabric, distribution channel, and region.
- By Product
- In terms of product, the winter wear market has been categorized into sweaters and cardigans; jackets, coats, and blazers; scarves, shawls, wraps, stoles, and mufflers; sweatshirts, hoodies, and pullovers; thermals; gloves; and accessories
- By Consumer Group
- In terms of consumer group, the winter wear market has been segmented into men, women, and kids
- By Fabric
- Based on fabric, the winter wear market has been classified into natural (wool, cotton, and others) and man-made (acrylic, polyester, and others)
- By Distribution channel
- Based on distribution channel, the winter wear market has been bifurcated into online and offline (multi-brand stores and single-brand outlets)
- By Region
- Based on region, the winter wear market has been divided into: North America (U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America), Europe (U.K., France, Germany, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa), and South America (Brazil and Rest of South America)
Winter Wear Market: Competition Landscape
- The global winter wear market is highly competitive with the presence of several global and regional players. Companies are investing in product innovation to increase their customer base. Furthermore, a large number of manufacturers are trying to increase their product penetration rate by creating consumer awareness about mobile radiation effects.
- Some of the key players operating in the winter wear market are -
- Gap Inc.
- VF Corporation
- Canada Goose Inc.
- Hennes & Mauritz AB
- Amer Sports Corporation
- Fenix Outdoor International AG
- Newell Brands Inc.
- Eddie Bauer LLC.
- Wintergreen Northern Wear
Winter Wear Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new study on the winter wear market. The report presents abundance of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, opportunities, market trends, and challenges, as well as the market structure of the winter wear market. The study conducted by TMR offers valuable information about the winter wear market to illustrate how the market is anticipated to expand during the forecast period 2019-2027.
Market growth, which includes Porter’s Five Forces analysis, value chain, key market indicators, including macro-economic factors has been presented in TMR’s study in an extensive manner. The quantitative information presented in this report can help readers interpret the growth prospects of the winter wear market during the forecast period.
An analysis of business strategies of leading market players has also been featured in TMR’s study on the winter wear market. This can help readers understand significant factors to foresee growth of the winter wear market. In this study, readers can also find valuable data on the quantitative and qualitative growth avenues of the winter wear market, which will guide market players in making appropriate decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Winter Wear Market
- What is the scope of growth of winter wear apparels in the global market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the winter wear market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in fabric materials on the winter wear market?
- Will Asia Pacific continue to remain one of the most prominent regional markets for winter wear providers?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the winter wear market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global winter wear market?
A unique research procedure and method has been utilized by TMR to develop a comprehensive research methodology on the winter wear market and reach a conclusion on the anticipated future market growth potential. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts to accurately and reliably draw conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the winter wear market report include statistics from annual reports published by companies, SEC filings, investor presentations, company websites, industry white papers, World Bank database, regulatory databases, and publications by governments. Primary sources include senior managers, VPs, CEOs, product portfolio managers, and market intelligence managers who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the winter wear market.
These primary and secondary sources provide exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from leading players operating in the winter wear market. Access to external paid databases and TMR’s internal database allows this report to address specific details and questions about the winter wear market with accuracy. The study also uses bottom-up and top-down methods to assess the numbers reached for each segment. The bottom-up approach counter validates the top-down approach. Through this, TMR estimates the future market potential of the winter wear market reliably and accurately.
Winter Wear Market - Competition Landscape
The report analyzes the competition in the global winter wear market through a competition landscape tool where prominent players in the winter wear market are analyzed based on their 2018 revenues. The competition landscape benchmarks leading players on the basis of their geographical presence, global revenue, employees, product portfolio, and potential to grow. The report also highlights various recent developments carried out by prominent players in the winter wear market.
Company profiles of players operating in the winter wear market include company overview, major business strategies, and key developments. Companies profiled in the global winter wear market include Gap Inc., VF Corporation, Inditex, Canada Goose Inc., Hennes & Mauritz AB, Amer Sports Corporation, Fenix ??Outdoor International AG, Newell Brands Inc., Eddie Bauer LLC., and Wintergreen Northern Wear.
Winter Wear Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the winter wear market includes information segmented into five sections - product, consumer group, fabric, distribution channel, and region. Noteworthy industry trends and other significant market dynamics associated with these sections of the winter wear market have been discussed in detail.