Global Wind Tunnel Market - Introduction
- A wind tunnel is a device or equipment used in aerodynamic research to study the effect of movements through air or resistance to moving air on the models of spacecraft or aircrafts.
- A wind tunnel comprises a tubular passage with the object under test mounted in the middle.
- Wind tunnels are large tubes or simply a hollow tube, which is used to replicate the actions of the objects moving along the ground or flying through the air.
- Wind tunnels also comprise sensors that are used to provide solid data regarding an object’s contact with air.
- A wind tunnel consists of mainly five parts that includes the contraction cone, the settling chamber, the diffuser, the test section, and the drive section.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Wind Tunnel Market - Dynamics
Key Drivers of the Wind Tunnel Market
- High demand for wind tunnels for automotive testing and testing of commercial aircraft is expected to drive the growth of the wind tunnel market across the world.
- Rising demand for wind tunnels in aerospace & defense is expected to impact the market throughout the forecast period. Wind tunnels are largely used for testing aircrafts in the aerospace & defense application segment, as these aircrafts are mostly bare in critical climatic conditions. This in turn is expected to accelerate the growth of the wind tunnel market during the estimated period 2019-2027.
- Furthermore, increasing demand for UAVs from the military and commercial sector, and expansion of new generation high speed aircraft, missiles, and railways, is expected to boost the growth of the wind tunnel market across the globe.
- Increasing investment for the development of autonomous electric vehicles worldwide is projected to drive the global wind tunnel market.
- The growing usage of wind tunnels for the installation of wind energy is also expected to fuel the growth of the market across the world.
- Moreover, rising demand for wind tunnels in the construction sector is likely to accelerate the growth of the wind tunnel market.
Restraints of the Wind Tunnel Market
- High cost of wind tunnel installation and maintenance is one of the negative factors that restrains the growth of the market.
- Moreover, use of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) testing as a replacement for wind tunnel is another challenge that could hinder the growth of the global wind tunnel market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Europe to Hold Major Share of the Global Wind Tunnel Market during the Forecast Period
- Europe is projected to be the top region in the global wind tunnel market during the forecast period owing to increased investments in research and development for the growth of advanced and new systems in the aerospace and automobile sector.
- North America is also expected to hold significant share of the wind tunnel market over the forecast period due to growing expenditure in the aerospace & defense industry. Wind tunnels are used to test scale models of spacecraft which is the main vehicle or machine in NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration). This in turn is expected to drive the growth of the global wind tunnel market across North America.
- The wind tunnel market is likely to grow at a significant rate in the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period due to increasing demand for aerodynamic testing of supersonic missiles and aircraft and also due to the growth of the automobile industry in the region.
Global Wind Tunnel Market–Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global wind tunnel market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global wind tunnel market are listed below:
- Aerolab LLC.
- Altair Engineering, Inc.
- Atlas Obscura.
- Deutsche WindGuard GmbH
- HORIBA, Ltd.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation.
- MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Global Wind Tunnel Market–Research Scope
The global wind tunnel market can be segmented based on:
- Design Type
- Air Speed
- Testing Type
- Distribution channel
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Design Type
- Open Circuit Wind Tunnels
- Closed Circuit Wind Tunnel
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Air Speed
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Testing Type
- Model Scale Testing
- Full Scale Testing
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct sale (OEM)
- Indirect sales
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Alignment
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Application
- Building Construction
- Wind Energy
- Racing Championships
- Training and Simulation
- Adventure Sports Skydiving
- Aerospace and Defense
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.