Global Wind Tunnel Market - Introduction
- A wind tunnel is a device or equipment used in aerodynamic research to study the effect of movements through air or resistance to moving air on the models of spacecraft or aircrafts.
- A wind tunnel comprises a tubular passage with the object under test mounted in the middle.
- Wind tunnels are large tubes or simply a hollow tube, which is used to replicate the actions of the objects moving along the ground or flying through the air.
- Wind tunnels also comprise sensors that are used to provide solid data regarding an object’s contact with air.
- A wind tunnel consists of mainly five parts that includes the contraction cone, the settling chamber, the diffuser, the test section, and the drive section.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Wind Tunnel Market - Dynamics
Key Drivers of the Wind Tunnel Market
- High demand for wind tunnels for automotive testing and testing of commercial aircraft is expected to drive the growth of the wind tunnel market across the world.
- Rising demand for wind tunnels in aerospace & defense is expected to impact the market throughout the forecast period. Wind tunnels are largely used for testing aircrafts in the aerospace & defense application segment, as these aircrafts are mostly bare in critical climatic conditions. This in turn is expected to accelerate the growth of the wind tunnel market during the estimated period 2019-2027.
- Furthermore, increasing demand for UAVs from the military and commercial sector, and expansion of new generation high speed aircraft, missiles, and railways, is expected to boost the growth of the wind tunnel market across the globe.
- Increasing investment for the development of autonomous electric vehicles worldwide is projected to drive the global wind tunnel market.
- The growing usage of wind tunnels for the installation of wind energy is also expected to fuel the growth of the market across the world.
- Moreover, rising demand for wind tunnels in the construction sector is likely to accelerate the growth of the wind tunnel market.
Restraints of the Wind Tunnel Market
- High cost of wind tunnel installation and maintenance is one of the negative factors that restrains the growth of the market.
- Moreover, use of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) testing as a replacement for wind tunnel is another challenge that could hinder the growth of the global wind tunnel market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Europe to Hold Major Share of the Global Wind Tunnel Market during the Forecast Period
- Europe is projected to be the top region in the global wind tunnel market during the forecast period owing to increased investments in research and development for the growth of advanced and new systems in the aerospace and automobile sector.
- North America is also expected to hold significant share of the wind tunnel market over the forecast period due to growing expenditure in the aerospace & defense industry. Wind tunnels are used to test scale models of spacecraft which is the main vehicle or machine in NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration). This in turn is expected to drive the growth of the global wind tunnel market across North America.
- The wind tunnel market is likely to grow at a significant rate in the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period due to increasing demand for aerodynamic testing of supersonic missiles and aircraft and also due to the growth of the automobile industry in the region.
Global Wind Tunnel Market–Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global wind tunnel market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global wind tunnel market are listed below:
- Aerolab LLC.
- Altair Engineering, Inc.
- Atlas Obscura.
- Deutsche WindGuard GmbH
- HORIBA, Ltd.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation.
- MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Global Wind Tunnel Market–Research Scope
The global wind tunnel market can be segmented based on:
- Design Type
- Air Speed
- Testing Type
- Distribution channel
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Design Type
- Open Circuit Wind Tunnels
- Closed Circuit Wind Tunnel
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Air Speed
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Testing Type
- Model Scale Testing
- Full Scale Testing
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct sale (OEM)
- Indirect sales
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Alignment
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Application
- Building Construction
- Wind Energy
- Racing Championships
- Training and Simulation
- Adventure Sports Skydiving
- Aerospace and Defense
Global Wind Tunnel Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.