Wilms Tumor Treatment Market: Introduction
- Wilms tumor is a rare type of kidney cancer which is usually found in children. Wilms tumor is called ‘Nephroblastoma’. Usually, it affects children between ages 3 to 4 and in some of the exceptional cases, it has been observed in children of age 5. This disease is uncommon after the age of 6. Roughly, 6% to 12% of children with Wilms tumor have more than one tumor in same kidney. This tumor mostly affects one kidney in children. In an exceptional case, it affects both the kidneys at the same time. Approximately 6% to 8% of children with Wilms tumor suffer from tumors in both kidneys. Some of the common symptoms seen in children suffering from this disease are fever, abdominal pain and swelling, and blood loss during urination.
- In the last few years, the diagnosis and treatment of the Wilms tumor is vastly improved. It is also helping majorly in prognosis for children suffering from this disease. If appropriate treatment and care is provided, the prognosis of the tumor is very good. The survival rate for children’s disease has improved to 80%–90%.
- In the U.S., the most of the children suffering from Wilms tumor are treated in clinical trials under Children’s Oncology group. One of the main goal of this group is to cure as many children as possible while limiting the side effects.
- The incidence of Wilms tumor in children below 15 years is roughly 7.2 cases per one million children. Research findings also suggest that this tumor is slightly more amongst girls as compared to boys precisely in the U.S. and Africa.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Wilms Tumor Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Wilms Tumor Treatment Market
- Advancements in techniques due to rise in improved diagnostic products and treatment therapies and rise in births per year are some of the key elements which are expected to drive global Wilms tumor treatment market in the next few years
- Additionally, macro-economic factors such as rise in expenditure on research & development to discover novel therapies and products for treatment of Wilms tumor are expected to drive the global Wilms tumor treatment market in the next few years. However, factors such as high cost of the treatment, lack of skilled professionals may hinder the global Wilms tumor treatment market.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Wilms Tumor Treatment Market
- As per current scenario, due to high incidence rate, North America dominates the Wilms tumor treatment market, followed by Africa and Europe. For example, according to the 2015s research findings by American Society of Cancer, every year, roughly 500 new cases of Wilms tumor are diagnosed in the U.S. Wilms tumor is comparatively more common in Africa region compared to East Asia.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Wilms Tumor Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global Wilms tumor treatment market is highly fragmented with major manufacturers adopting various strategies to gain maximum market share. Some companies have their presence in this market, while some of them have their drugs in the pipeline for clinical trials.
Some of the key players operating in the global Wilms tumor treatment market are:
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- MediLexicon International Ltd
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Bayer HealthCare LLC
- APOTEX INC
- Sanofi Pasteur Inc.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
Global Wilms Tumor Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Wilms Tumor Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Radiation therapy
Global Wilms Tumor Treatment Market, by End-user
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.