Water Softener: Introduction
- Water softener is a whole house filtration system that removes hardness causing calcium and magnesium from water. It addresses one of the most prevalent and serious water problems, namely, hard water. Water softener removes minerals from water by a process known as ion exchange, trapping them through a filtration system and replacing them by softer minerals such as sodium and potassium.
- Consumers are becoming aware of concerns related to hard water and are looking for products to minimize its impact on appliances, people, and the environment. The growing awareness coupled with increase in disposable income is expected to drive the global water softener market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Water Softener Market
- Hard water significantly reduces the lifespan of modern appliances (dish washers, coffee machines, water heaters, etc.). The minerals in hard water can destroy modern home appliances by forming a layer of calcium over time, resulting in problems such as clogging of pipes, reduced water pressure, popping sound in the water heater, etc. Consumers are adopting water softener systems to avoid these issues.
- Hard water not only has an effect on appliances but also on human beings. In areas where hard water is a problem, people face skin problems including itchiness, dry scalp, and dry skin. The reason for this is the use of hard water containing minerals that settle on the skin. Soft water can be used for drinking, and its adoption is expected to increase during the forecast period.
- Growing environmental concerns are encouraging manufacturers to develop technologically advanced water softening systems to help reduce water wastage. These systems help to reduce chlorine and hard mineral content in water to increase the efficiency of water in its uses. Some manufacturers have introduced regeneration efficient water softening systems by using demand initiated regeneration. These advanced technologies are expected to have a positive impact on the market as well as the environment.
- Several innovations, such as salt-less water softening appliances are already making their way into the market. Constant research is ongoing in the development of these appliances for a better and safer result. All these factors indicate positive growth of the water softener market during the forecast period.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Water Softener Market
- Geographically, the global water softener market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to dominate the global water softener market due to rise in population staying in hard water affected regions. The residential segment is expected to expand at a rapid rate during the forecast period in the region. North America and Europe are likely to experience steady growth due to market maturity, while Asia Pacific and South America are set to grow at a higher rate due to various developing nations in the regions.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Major players operating in the global water softener market include:
- A.O. Smith Water Technologies
- BWT Aktiengesellschaft
- Culligan International Company
- Ecowater Systems LLC
- Evoqua Water Technologies
- Feedwater Limited
- Fleck Systems
- Harvey Water Softeners Ltd
- Kinetico Incorporated
- Marlo Incorporated
- Monarch Water Ltd.
- Pelican Water Systems
- Pentair Residential Filtration LLC,
- Qingdao Haier Co., Ltd
- Watts Water Technologies Inc.
- Whirlpool Corporation
Global Water Softener Market: Research Scope
Global Water Softener Market, by Product Type
- Salt Based - Ion Exchange Softener
- Salt Free Water Softener
Global Water Softener Market, by Flow Rate
- Up to 30 GPM
- 30 to 60 GPM
- 60 to 90 GPM
- Above 90 GPM
Global Water Softener Market, By Application
Global Water Softener Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Hypermarket / Supermarket
- Specialty Stores
- Other Stores
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.