Global Waterborne Coating Additives Market: Overview
Waterborne coating additives are agents added as an important component to improve quality and performance of waterborne coatings. Dispersion of pigment particles becomes difficult in waterborne coatings as compared to solvent-borne coatings owing to high surface tension of water. Therefore, special additives are required to be added in waterborne coatings to alter their rheological properties. Waterborne coating additives strengthen the crosslinking among resins, thus protecting the coating from several external factors. Usage of these additives in waterborne coating imparts resistance against corrosion, chemicals, humidity, and blocking. Furthermore, they improve the drying time and hardness of waterborne coating.
Waterborne coating additives enhance several features such as wetting, dispersion, defoaming, rheological properties, stabilization, and hydrophobicity. Usage of additives enables waterborne coatings to retain color and stability for a longer time. Waterborne coating additives facilitate the dispersion process of pigments and stabilize their dispersion. Additionally, these additives help pigment particles during wetting. They remove the air molecules captured in pigment particles. This, in turn, enables pigment particles to be surrounded in a liquid medium. Waterborne coating additives lower the surface tension to augment the color acceptance and film quality. They also reduce the viscosity of waterborne coating to achieve high gloss, good color intensity, and transparency. Waterborne coating additives also prevent excess water absorption by modifying hydrophobicity of water molecules.
Global Waterborne Coating Additives Market: Trends and Prospects
Increasing popularity of waterborne coatings in developed regions of the world is primarily driving demand for waterborne coating additives. Several regulations are being imposed by organizations such as U.S.E.P.A and REACH against the usage of solvent-borne coatings, which emit toxic volatile organic content. As a result, waterborne coatings are rapidly emerging in the global coatings market. Therefore, stringent regulations regarding usage of environmentally-friendly coatings in developed countries significantly fuels demand for waterborne coating additives. Furthermore, there is rising awareness regarding usage of low VOC coatings in developing regions such as Asia Pacific and Latin America. Shift in consumer preference for eco-friendly products plays a major role in driving the market of waterborne coating additives in countries such as China, India, Japan, South Korea, and Brazil.
Global Waterborne Coating Additives Market: Regional Analysis
The global market for waterborne coating additives has witnessed significant growth in the past few years. Europe was the largest market for waterborne coating additives in the past few years followed by North America and Asia Pacific. Stringent regulations in Europe for using environmentally sustainable products fueled growth of the waterborne coating additives market. Developed countries such as Germany, France, the U.K., and Italy generated strong demand for waterborne coating additives in the past few years. North America also held substantial share of the global waterborne coating additives market in 2014. However, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market in the next few years. Significant market growth is anticipated in this region during the forecast period. Increasing awareness regarding usage of eco-friendly waterborne coatings in countries such as Japan, China, India, and South Korea propels growth of the market in this region. Latin America and Middle East and Africa are also projected to be lucrative markets for waterborne coating additives in the next few years.
Global Waterborne Coating Additives Market: Key Players Mentioned in the Report
Key manufacturers of waterborne coating additives include Allnex Belgium SA/NV, BASF SE, Akzo Nobel N.V., Dow Corning Corporation, Evonik Industries AG, Harmony Additive Pvt. Ltd, Kusumoto Chemicals, Ltd., Laviosa Chimica Mineraria SpA, and Radiant Chemicals.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.