The market for wafer bonding systems is directly related with the increasing demand regardingICs, silicon wafers, and other similar modules. The rate of growth of the wafer bonding system market widely relies on the pattern of end users, for example, mechatronic item producers, robotic organizations, manufacturers of solar cells, and others.
The consistently rising demand regarding wafer bonding systems is significantly determined by the increased production graph slope in advanced MEMS device, CMOS picture sensors, and propelled packaging. Furthermore, developing utilization of direct bonding for the making of Silicon on Insulator (SOI) wafers, actuators, and sensors pushes the development of wafer bonding system market. Moreover, the most alluring driver behind the growth in market is the compatibility of process, improved vacuum bonding ability, stability, and others.
Increasing Consumer Demand to Benefit Market Growth
But, constrained bonding and its quality, combined with limitations on post handling after the process of bonding are some significant restrictions which may restrict the demand in global wafer bonding system market.
- Fusion bonding or direct bonding, is a wafer bonding process that exclude any extra middle layer for producing chemical bonds between the surfaces of required material. Direct bonding is for the most part utilized for the making of actuators, Silicon on Insulator (SOI) wafers, and sensors.
- A benefit of direct bonding is that the wafers turned out with clean and smooth surfaces having an immediate contact with minimal pressure. The most alluring element fueling the development of the section is the collection of favorable circumstances offered by this procedure, for example, better bonding quality, improved temperature stability, process similarity to semiconductor innovation, and capacity to bond in vacuum or diverse gases as well.
- In addition, a rising graph for the demand in consumer electronics for example, computers and smart phones is foreseen to affect the segment of semiconductor wafer bonding positively.
Wafer Bonding System Market - Overview
Wafer bonding system is a packing technology that is used on the wafer-level. It is used for the packaging of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), optoelectronics, microelectronics, and nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS). A wafer bonder binds two wafers together, typically by means of provisional bonding using a bonding agent or by long-lasting bonding of the oxide film surfaces using a self-bonding technique. The wafer bonding system contains fusion bonding or direct bonding, eutectic bonding, anodic bonding, and adhesive bonding. Direct bonding is mostly used for the development of sensors, silicon on insulator (SOI) wafers, and actuators. Anodic bonding is used to seal glass to silicon wafers in microfluidics and electronics.
Wafer Bonding System Market - Novel Development
The persistent demand for wafer bonding systems is majorly driven by the augmented production ramp in advanced CMOS image sensors, MEMS devices, and advanced packing. In addition to this, growing use of direct bonding for the manufacturing of Silicon on Insulator (SOI) wafers, sensors and actuators is pushes the growth of wafer bonding system market. The most attractive feature driving the growth of this segment is the set of advantages offered by this process, such as high bonding strength, high temperature stability, process compatibility to semiconductor technology, and ability to bond in vacuum or different atmospheric gases as well. However, limited bonding and its strength, coupled with restrictions on post processing after the bonding process are some major restraints which might hamper the market growth.
Wafer Bonding System Market - Segmentation
The global wafer bonding system market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geographical region. On the basis of type, the wafer bonding system market is segmented into direct bonding, anodic bonding, solder/eutectic/ diffusion bonding, glass-frit bonding, adhesive bonding, and others. By application, the wafer bonding system market can be segmented into solar energy, opto-electronic, semiconductor, MEMS and others. Semiconductor industry revealed the highest application of wafer bonding technology. Semiconductor wafer bonding has been a subject of discussion for many years and many inventions in the wafer bonding methods have been seen in the recent period. Moreover, its major usage and high productivity in designing the optoelectronic devices has pulled the technology under the limelight. A steep growth in the demand for consumer electronics such as smartphones and computers is expected to impact the identical market segment in an optimistic manner. By geographical region, the global wafer bonding system market is split up into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America. Europe, being a highly technically enhanced region, has always been a leader when it comes to automotive and automobile industry. Moreover, the continuous efforts in the automation of machinery and other such devices has also generated an increased demand for semiconductor based chips.
Wafer Bonding System Market - Segmentation
Achievements and Union, new product introductions, investments, and corporations & developments are the key strategies adopted by market companies to ensure their growth in the Wafer Bonding System market. The key players are Tokyo Electron, EV Group, SüSS Microtec SE, NxQ, Ayumi Industry, Palomar Technologies, Dynatex International, Applied Microengineering and 3M are some major players in the wafer bonding system market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the wafer bonding system market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.