Voice Coil Motor Driver Market: Introduction
- Voice coil motor, or VCM, is a type of electrical motor; it consists of magnetic housing and coil. The voice coil is utilized as an actuator where positioning with high speed or acceleration is required.
- These linear actuators use a magnetic housing and coil to provide linear force without contact between the moving and fixed world. The voice coil converts electrical signals directly into linear magnetic force, providing much higher purity of motion, as compared to DC motors that require separate drivetrains such as belts or gears. When combined with a position sensor, voice coils provide quick, accurate movement with excellent repeatability. The polarity of the voltage determines the transition direction of the motor.
- Since the mass of the moving coil is typically low, the speed and acceleration of the VCM is very high and the settling time is very short. Moreover, low inductance of a VCM leads to low electrical time constant, which enables the VCM to have a highly rapid response and bandwidth.
- Therefore, VCMs have been widely applied to various small range positioning applications. Voice coils stages are used for short travel ranges, typically on the order of 25mm (1 inch) or below.
- Voice coil motor drivers are used to precisely control the electric current in the coil, the magnetic force (Lorenz force) and thus, acceleration, velocity, and position can be varied, very accurately. A feedback sensor – usually a linear encoder – provides the current position information to a closed-loop controller that compares target and actual position and varies the current accordingly to minimize the error.
Rise in Demand for VCM due to Increase in Demand for Fast Quick Actuating Devices
- A high degree of precision has become an essential requirement for positioning systems for the last few years owing to the development of related industries. Increasing demand for fast and accurate actuation in devices and precise motion applications are a few key factors that are expected to boost the global voice coil motor market during the forecast period.
- VCM helps decrease magnet leakage and has contactless electromagnetic interaction with other types of electronic devices
- Applications such vibrators, camera lens focusing, valves, speakers, computer peripherals and drives, and precision machining tools are traditional applications for VCM
- Investments in medical and robotics sectors have been increasing for the last few years, which in turn is boosting the demand for VCMs due to their precision quality. Voice coil actuators offer numerous advantages in applications such as medical valve actuators, instruments used in spectroscopy, and chromatography.
- For instance, voice coil motors are being increasingly utilized to control the valves in ventilators for patients who have difficulty in breathing. VCAs, when instrumented with position encoders, can achieve an exceptional level of performance when coupled with appropriate driver electronics and closed loop servo control.
North America to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period owing to an increase in consumer applications such as smartphones, digital cameras, medical devices, and small handheld devices. Increasing advancements in automation in homes and infotainment systems are also key factors that are projected to drive the VCM driver market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players in Voice Coil Motor Driver Market
Various key players are operating in the voice call motor driver market, as it is a highly fragmented market and different players are offering drivers with different specification and properties. Key players include
- Motion Control Products Ltd
- Allegro Microsystems
- ST Microelectronics
- Texas Instruments
- Motran Industries Inc.
- SMAC Corporation
- Dura Magnetics
- Equipment Solutions, Inc.
- Dat Cam Automation
- Physik Instrumente
- Sensata Technologies
- H2W Technologies
Voice Coil Motor Driver Market Scope
Voice Coil Motor Driver Market, by Type
- Linear Voice Coil Motor
- Rotary Voice Coil Motor
Voice Coil Motor Driver Market, by Application
- Lens Focus
- Servo Valve
- Positioning Stage
Voice Coil Motor Driver Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.