Vitiligo: Hypopigmentation Disorder
- Vitiligo is a hypopigmentation skin disorder that causes the loss of skin color due to low concentration of melanin in the skin cells. It affects the skin on all parts of the body and may also affect the hair and inside of the mouth.
- Vitiligo is not life threatening and not contagious. It is common in all people irrespective of their skin type; however, it is more noticeable in people with dark skin. The condition affects individuals, usually prior to the age of 40; around half the affected population has developed it before the age of 20.
- The exact cause of vitiligo is still unknown; however, some experts believes that it is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the person’s own immune system mistakenly acts against the skin cells that produce melanin
- The common symptoms of vitiligo include the whitening of the skin and development of white patches on the skin anywhere on the body. It does not have any harmful health consequences; however, the affected people may feel stressful and have issues about their appearance.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Vitiligo Treatment Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Vitiligo Treatment Market
- The global vitiligo treatment market is primarily driven by the high prevalence of vitiligo worldwide. The worldwide prevalence of vitiligo ranges between 0.2% and 4%. Most studies have reported that women are more affected than males.
- According to American Academy of Dermatology, more than 1,50,000 individuals were treated for vitiligo in 2013
- Anticipated launch of pipeline drugs is anticipated to boost the global vitiligo treatment market during the forecast period
Corticosteroids Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on drug type, the global vitiligo treatment market can be divided into corticosteroids, calcipotriene, immunomodulators, and others. Corticosteroids is anticipated to be the leading segment during the forecast period.
- Currently, there is no cure for vitiligo; however, some drugs help restore the skin tone
- Topical corticosteroids are prescribed as first-line treatment for vitiligo and inflammatory disorders. Topical corticosteroid preparations are extensively utilized in the treatment of this condition. Topical corticosteroids when applied in the early stages of the disease may help regain skin color.
- Immunomodulators, such as tacrolimus or pimecrolimus, are used in the treatment of individuals who experience relatively small areas of depigmentation
Topical Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of route of administration, the global vitiligo treatment market can be classified into oral, topical, and others. The topical segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Topical corticosteroids are widely used and preferred route of administration for the treatment of vitiligo
- The oral segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Vitiligo Treatment Market Report
Asia Pacific Vitiligo Treatment Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global vitiligo treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027.
- High prevalence of vitiligo in adults and high awareness and easy availability of medications are expected to drive the vitiligo treatment market in North America during the forecast period
- The vitiligo treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Expansion of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to the high prevalence of vitiligo in densely populated countries such as India, China, and Hong Kong, rapid improvement in health care infrastructure, and significantly high infection rate of hepatitis C.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global vitiligo treatment market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority of share. Key players operating in the global vitiligo treatment market are:
- Sanofi S.A.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Mylan NV
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
Global Vitiligo Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Vitiligo Treatment Market, by Drug
Global Vitiligo Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Vitiligo Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Vitiligo Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.