Virus Purification Kits Market
Virus Purification Kits Market (Technology: Ultracentrifugation, Chromatography, Nanofiltration, and Others; Virus Type: Adenovirus, Lentivirus, Retrovirus, and Others; End User: Academic & Research Institutes, Biopharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Contract Research Organizations [CROs], and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
RNA Purification Kits Help Isolate SARS-CoV-2 Using Spin Column Chromatography
Virus purification activities are surging with full throttle amidst the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Unprecedented demand for vaccines and drugs is creating value-grab opportunities for companies in the virus purification kits market. As such, RNA purification kits are being highly publicized for conducting total isolation of SARS-CoV-2. Researchers and scientists are preferring purification based on spin column chromatography using a proprietary resin as the separation matrix.
The demand for virus purification kits is surging amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, since scientists are increasing efforts to yield purified RNA of the highest integrity that can be useful in downstream applications. Procedures such as reagent preparation, lysate preparation, and RNA purification, among others, are anticipated to intensify in the upcoming months due to the growing demand for vaccines. This is projected to drive the virus purification kits market during the forecast period.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Virus Purification Kits Market
Higher Yields in Recovery of Particles Preferred by Researchers and Academicians
Fast and safe virus purification kits are becoming increasingly popular in the healthcare landscape. The U.S. multinational pharmaceutical company Merck is increasing its production capacities for Millipore’s fast-trap adenovirus and lentivirus purification and concentration kits that are emerging as a fast and safe alternative to conventional kits. Companies in the virus purification kits market are focusing on high recovery of viable viral particles with good purity.
Time efficiency and higher yields in recovery of particles are preferred in virus purification kits. There is a growing demand for kits that eliminate messy purification steps and eliminate the need for expensive equipment. As such, companies in the virus purification kits market are developing close vacuum devices that eliminate risks of potential spills and meet the convenience of researchers and healthcare professionals. Advanced virus purification kits are solving issues of labor intensive procedures in laboratory and academic research settings.
Adenovirus Purification Kits Eliminate Need for Time-consuming Ultracentrifugation Procedures
The virus purification kits market is expected to advance at a striking CAGR of ~11% during the assessment period. This can be attributed to innovations in kits that help deliver fast and efficient purification of recombinant virus. For instance, BioVision-a supplier of high quality assay kits has a wide product portfolio in adenovirus, lentivirus, and retrovirus purification kits. As such, adenovirus purification kits are anticipated to dominate the highest revenue share among all virus types in the virus purification kits market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Manufacturers are increasing the availability of ready-to-use reagents in virus purification kits to make the procedure of particle recovery simple, easy, and convenient. They are developing kits that eliminate the need for ultracentrifugation, since this procedure is time consuming and limited to the amount of cell lysate to be processed.
Single-use Membrane Chromatography Reduces Manufacturing Costs of Vaccines
The virus purification kits market is expected to reach US$ 3.2 Bn by the end of 2030. However, high costs involving complex procedures for vaccine production and gene therapy pose as barriers for market growth. Hence, manufacturers are using single-use membrane chromatography to bolster productivity levels and reduce manufacturing costs. For instance, the Natrix® single-use membrane chromatography procedure is highly sought after for high binding and short residence times in developing viral vectors for gene therapy.
In order to test new constructs, parallel and fast purification of different adenoviruses is essential. In order to achieve this, companies are introducing simple and affordable spin column based purification kits. On the other hand, researchers and scientists are conducting virus purification using the membrane adsorber technology.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Scientists are elucidating the dynamics of novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 lifecycle using RNA purification kits in order to develop and design diagnostics and antiviral therapies. Magnetic beads-based kits help to accelerate purification speeds. However, lack of effective process validation strategies for highly complex biomolecules poses as a challenge for manufacturers. Hence, manufacturers in the virus purification kits market should understand the regulatory and scientific requirements before commercializing their products. They should introduce virus purification kits with easy membrane-based methods to accelerate purification procedures in large-scale laboratory settings. Manufacturers should increase their production capabilities to design pump driven kits for the purification of larger volumes of virus particles.
Virus Purification Kits Market: Overview
- Virus purification is a process that involves separation, isolation, and purification of a virus from cell organelles and host tissues
- Virus purification kits comprise all tools and components required to accommodate complete workflow of the virus purification procedure. These kits have replaced the lengthy and time-consuming traditional procedure of virus purification.
- Ultracentrifugation is a technology that is utilized to separate macromolecules into different component parts based on the size of the particles in the mixture. It is a traditional technology used in the virus purification kits market.
- Different kinds of particles such as viruses, bacteria, and organelles have different sizes and are driven away from the centrifugal axis in the equipment to different locations accordingly
- Chromatography is a technology that is useful for purifying both enveloped and non-enveloped viruses, particularly through column chromatography
- Most viruses are enveloped, which means that they have their nucleic acid (DNA and RNA) covered in a protein cover called the capsid, which further has a membrane envelope on it
Virus Purification Kits: Market Drivers
- Rise in research funding by public and private players and higher yield of virus particles received with the help of virus purification kits are major driving factors driving the global virus purification kits market
- For instance, Millipore (Merck KGaA) offers fast-trap adenovirus and lentivirus purification and concentration kits that provide a fast, safe, and easy alternative to viral purification. It offers comparatively faster processing time and higher recovery of adenovirus and lentivirus with 70% and 51%, respectively.
- Increase in support from government bodies for biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries is also fueling the global virus purification kits market
- Consistent expansion of biopharmaceutical and biotechnology industries boosts the global virus purification kits market
Market Segmentation: Virus Purification Kits Market
- Based on technology, the global virus purification kits market has been segmented into ultracentrifugation, chromatography, nanofiltration, and others
- In terms of virus type, the global virus purification kits market has been divided into adenovirus, lentivirus, retrovirus, and others
- Based on end user, the global virus purification kits market has been segmented into academic & research institutes, biopharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, contract research organizations(CROs), and others
- Each of the virus purification kits market segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights
- The virus purification kits market report provides current and future values (US$ Mn) for each these segments for the period from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and virus purification kits market from 2020 to 2030, along with virus purification kits market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Virus Purification Kits Market
- In terms of region, the global virus purification kits market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been further divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- North America dominated the global virus purification kits market in 2019. It is estimated maintain its dominant position during the forecast period.
- The current and future virus purification kits market sizes in terms of value (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2018 to 2030, with their CAGRs for the period from 2020 to 2030
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global virus purification kits market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase global virus purification kits market shares, and help in the decision-making process
- The virus purification kits market report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the virus purification kits market
- Key players analyzed in virus purification kits market report are
- Merck KGaA
- Danaher Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc
- Sartorius AG
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- BioVision Inc
- Takara Bio Inc.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the global virus purification kits market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Virus Purification Kits Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global virus purification kits market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the overall market value of the global virus purification kits market for the period of 2018–2030, with 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global virus purification kits market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carry out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global virus purification kits market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global virus purification kits market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global virus purification kits market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global virus purification kits market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global virus purification kits market. Key players operating in the global virus purification kits market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global Virus purification kits market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Virus Purification Kits Market Report
- What will be the sales/revenue generated by each technology, virus type, and end user segment of the virus purification kits market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global virus purification kits market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which virus purification kits segments are expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2030? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What is the market share or position of different companies operating in the global market in 2019?
Virus Purification Kits Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global virus purification kits market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, key industrial developments in terms of mergers, acquisitions, strategic partnerships, key investments, regulatory scenario, key product/brand analysis, COVID-19 pandemic impact on the global virus purification kits industry, and the overview of the virus purification process.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global virus purification kits market in terms of technology, virus type, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of them at the end of 2030 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global virus purification kits market.
Virus Purification Kits Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global virus purification kits market includes information divided into four sections - technology, virus type, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global virus purification kits market have been discussed in detail.
Academic & Research Institutes
Biopharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
Middle East & Africa