Virtual Retinal Display (VRD) Market: Overview
Virtual retinal display with LCDs or Low-energy lasers projects pictures directly onto human retina giving user the illusion of looking at a typical screen-sized display flying in the air at some distance. The ability of this emerging technology, to give sense of reality that other technologies such as LCDs could not provide, will drive its penetration globally.
Virtual Retinal Display (VRD) Market: Segmentation
The virtual retinal display market is segmented by application as military and aerospace, gaming, medical, engineering and others. Military and medical applications are expected to be the key growth markets for virtual retinal display solutions. In medical applications, VRD technology is heating up with potential applications in radiology, therapeutics and surgery. VRD technology have potential to be used for patients with low vision.
The technology is expensive if utilized to its full potential which is a challenge to the market. However, the features such as high resolution, high brightness and full color will drive its adoption. The virtual retinal display market is segmented by geography as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle-East and Africa and Latin America. Considering the large target consumer base, Asia Pacific exhibits significant growth potential in the long run for virtual reality display market. North America is expected to witness highest initial adoption of virtual retinal display technology owing to high demand for technologically advanced products in the region.
Virtual Retinal Display (VRD) Market: Drivers
The efficient power consumption by virtual retinal displays is the key driving factor for the technology. Moreover, the images by VRD are not affected by external lighting conditions creating a clear and sharp view. Virtual retinal displays supports stereoscopic features and possess the ability to provide separate images/video to both eyes. Such 3D display technology is expected to further drive its adoption, in particular across gaming applications.
Virtual Retinal Display (VRD) Market: Restraints
The virtual retinal display technology has few challenges which restrain its adoptions. The threat of damaging the retina as there is no protection against radiation in VRD technology, is still a concern. The images sent through virtual retinal displays interfere with the reality objects which might cause concerns distracting the users. Few of the expected future applications for virtual retinal display technology are, viewing messages on the go, presenting with notes streamed to your eyes, getting directions while moving towards the destination, viewing recipes while cooking and many others. The technology will potentially be used to simplify the way of communication over the coming years.
Virtual Retinal Display (VRD) Market: Competitive Overview
Virtual retinal displays require very less of the hardware needed by the traditional display devices and thus are lighter in weight. This is expected to drive its penetration in mobile devices, handheld gaming systems, laptops and computers. The players in the virtual retinal display market include Human Interface Technology Laboratory, Avegant Corp., Google, Inc., Microvision, Inc., and Texas Instruments Inc. Many players are expected to enter in this emerging market for virtual retinal display to tap into the potential growth opportunities. With decrease in the cost of components, the virtual retinal displays market growth will spur in the long term. However, the technology is still in development phase and has only been commercialized in specialized markets of the displays and needs to overcome the prevailing market challenges.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.