Viral Inactivation Kit Market: Introduction
- Viral inactivation kit is used to avoid viruses in a given sample from contaminating the target substance, either by entirely killing viruses or by making them non-infectious. These methods are commonly utilized in the food and blood plasma sectors, since they can be weakened by the presence of viral particles.
- Viral inactivation stops viruses from infecting. Several viruses contain lipid or protein coats that can be inactivated by chemical modification. In viral inactivation, the surface chemistry of the virus is changed, and in numerous cases, viral particles exist in the finished product.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Viral Inactivation Kit Market
- Increase in the global prevalence of infectious diseases such as cancer, autoimmune disorders, and other diseases along with an increase in healthcare spending are key factors boosting the viral inactivation industry. For instance, in 2019, the American Cancer Society announced that there would be 1,762,450 new diagnosed cases of cancer and 606,880 cancer deaths in the U.S., which are predicted to further increase during the forecast period. Consequently, demand for the production of innovative therapies is projected to boost the market during the forecast period. For instance, in January 2021, The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Cabenuva, an injectable formulation as a full procedure for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1. Viral inactivation is a critical step that is necessary in the manufacture of these formulations in order to avoid infection and prevent any death after human administration.
- Moreover, rising investment in the life science sector is further boosting the viral inactivation kit market. For instance, in April 2020, Sartorius extended its portfolio for the growth and manufacture of biotech medicines with the acquisition of Danaher Corporation.
- Rise in COVID-19 cases is also driving the viral inactivation kit market, as viral inactivation is an important step prior to reducing the bio containment level in laboratory workers who are handling materials that contain SARS-CoV-2. Thus, inactivation of COVID-19 is currently recommended, which is likely to drive the viral inactivation kit market.
- Stringent regulatory framework and time-consuming approval procedures for viral inactivation kits hinder the viral inactivation kit market. Governments in developing countries are making significant investments to modernize healthcare infrastructure, which is likely to increase access to health care. This is expected to increase the demand for viral Inactivation kits. Increase in prevalence of chronic diseases in developing countries offers significant opportunities to the global viral Inactivation kit market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Viral Inactivation Kit Market
- North America is estimated to dominate the global market during the forecast period. In North America, the U.S. held a prominent share in terms of revenue. Moreover, advanced healthcare facilities, the involvement of large pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical firms, and substantial spending on health R&D by governments and companies in the U.S. are key factors that are expected to fuel the industry in North America.
- Following North America, Europe accounted for the second-highest share of the global viral inactivation kit market due to extensive R&D spending in the life sciences industry and new product launches in the region
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to improvement of healthcare infrastructure in emerging nations and growing awareness-raising initiatives. Additionally, ongoing studies in the region and an increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases in developing economies, such as India and China, are estimated to further drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Viral Inactivation Kit Market
The global viral inactivation kit market is highly consolidated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global viral inactivation kit market.
Major players operating in the global viral inactivation kit market are listed below:
- Merck KGAA
- Texcell Inc
- Sartorius AG
- Danaher Corporation
- Charles River Laboratories International Inc
- Viral Inactivated Plasma Systems SA
- Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Rad Source Technologies Inc
- HiMedia Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Global Viral Inactivation Kit Market: Research Scope
Global Viral Inactivation Kit Market, by Method
- Solvent and detergent treatment
- Pasteurization treatment
- Acidic pH treatment
- Other viral inactivation method
Global Viral Inactivation Kit Market, by Application
- Cellular & Gene Therapy Products
- Blood & Blood Products
- Vaccines and Therapeutics
- Stem Cell Products
- Tissue & Tissue Products
Viral Inactivation Market by End-user
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology firms
- Contract Research Organizations
- Diagnostic Centers
- Other End Users
Global Viral Inactivation Kit Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.