Vildagliptin Market: Introduction
- Vildagliptin is an antihyperglycemic medication that inhibits the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) enzyme selectively. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus, which is characterized by impaired GLP-1 production and insulinotropic effects. DPP-4 is inhibited. Glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP), both incretin hormones that stimulate insulin production and control blood glucose levels, are protected from breakdown by vildagliptin. GLP-1 and GIP levels are elevated, which leads to better glycemic control. Vildagliptin has been shown in clinical studies to have a minimal risk of hypoglycemia.
- The European Medicines Agency authorized oral vildagliptin for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults as monotherapy or in combination with metformin, a sulfonylurea, or a thiazolidinedione in patients with insufficient glycemic control after monotherapy in 2008. Galvus is the brand name for it. For individuals who do not achieve sufficient glycemic control with monotherapy, vildagliptin is now available as Eucreas, a fixed-dose formulation with metformin. In the U.S., vildagliptin is being investigated.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Vildagliptin Market
- The vildagliptin market is projected to be driven by an increase in disease prevalence and clinicians' efforts to postpone disease development and minimize the costly burden of diabetes complications through the use of combination treatments. As per WHO, the number of people with diabetes rose from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014, this number is estimated to rise to 700 million by 2045. 374 million people are at an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Prevalence has been rising more rapidly in low- and middle-income countries than in high-income countries. In 2019, an estimated 1.5 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes. Another 2.2 million deaths were attributable to high blood glucose in 2015. According to the CDC, gestational diabetes can impact 4.6% to 9.2% of pregnancies during pregnancy and parenthood. In up to 10% of cases, the woman is diagnosed with type 2 diabetes shortly after giving birth. Within 10 to 20 years, the rest of these women had a 35% to 60% risk of acquiring type 2 diabetes. This is likely to boost the vildagliptin market. Older age; excess weight, particularly around the waist; family history; certain ethnicities; physical inactivity; and poor diet also increase the incidences of type 2 diabetes. All these factors lead to higher incidences of type 2 diabetes, which in turn fuels the vildagliptin market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Vildagliptin Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global vildagliptin market, due to technological advancements, presence of major players, and a rise in prevalence of type 2 diabetes in the region. More than 34 million people in the U.S. have diabetes, and approximately 90% to 95% of them have type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes most often develops in people over age 45; however, an increasing number of children, teens, and young adults are also developing it.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to an increase in prevalence of diabetes in the region. Presence of a large number of vildagliptin manufacturers in Asia is another factor that is projected to propel the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Vildagliptin Market
The global vildagliptin market is highly consolidated with the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global vildagliptin market include:
- Actis Generics Pvt Ltd.
- Eris Lifesciences
- Metrochem API Pvt Ltd
Global Vildagliptin Market: Research Scope
Global Vildagliptin Market: by Composition
Global Vildagliptin Market, by Strength
- 50 mg
Global Vildagliptin Market, by Indication
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Global Vildagliptin Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
Global Vildagliptin Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.