Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics: Introduction
- Veterinary infectious disease diagnostics are tests that help in determining and identifying various disorders in animals. These procedures are performed via various methods that utilize their blood, feces, and tissue samples.
- New methods and technologies that have been developed for human diagnostics are also utilized extensively in veterinary diagnostics. Various methods used in veterinary diagnostics include immunodiagnostics (lateral flow assays, ELISA, etc.), molecular diagnostics (polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests, microarrays, etc.) and others.
- Other methods used include indirect fluorescent antibody test (IFAT), complement fixation, agglutination, western blot, etc.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market
- Increase in prevalence of zoonotic diseases is anticipated to propel the market. A disease that spreads between animals and humans is termed as zoonotic disease. It can be caused by viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi. Scientists estimate that more than 6 in 10 infectious diseases in humans spread through animals. Transportation of goods and rapid movement of people have resulted in the introduction and creation of several novel vector species previously absent in some areas.
- Prevalence of several zoonotic and vector-borne diseases is likely to increase in the near future as a result of changing social habits, habitat modification, exotic vector introductions, and climate change. Hence, the need for the development of rapid and precise diagnosis methods for the prevention of these diseases is anticipated to drive the veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market.
- The global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market continues to grow at a rapid pace. This growth can be witnessed in developed countries due to improved diagnostic and medical capabilities for companion animals. Technologically advanced diagnostic assays and techniques, such as RTPCR, are experiencing high market demand over conventional diagnosis products.
Immunodiagnostics Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on technology, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be segmented into immunodiagnostics, molecular diagnostics, and other veterinary diagnostic technologies. Immunodiagnostics segment is further divided into lateral flow assays, ELISA tests, and other immunodiagnostic technologies.
Immunodiagnostic segment accounted for the highest share of the veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market in 2018. This segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period. This dominance can be ascribed to the emergence of advanced diagnostic immunoassay formats and diagnostic platforms.
Companion Animals Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of animal type, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be divided into companion animal and food producing animal
- Companion animal segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the growing pet ownership in developed countries, increasing penetration of pet insurance, rising number of veterinary practitioners globally, and surge in animal disease control and disease prevention measures.
Reference Laboratories Segment to Dominate Global Market
- On the basis of end-user, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be classified into reference laboratories, veterinary hospitals & clinics, point-of-care/in-house testing, and research institutes & universities
- Reference laboratories end-user segment led the global market in 2018. The significant share of this end-user segment can be attributed to the high number of samples received for analysis in reference laboratories from small and large animal practices.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market Report
North America to Lead Global Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be categorized into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in product offerings, presence of key market players in the region, and rise in affordability and demand for early diagnosis.
- This market in Asia Pacific is projected to register the highest growth during the forecast period, owing to rise in adoption of pets, demand for infectious disease diagnostics in food-producing animals, and incidences of zoonotic diseases
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Zoetis Inc.
- IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Neogen Corporation
- bioMérieux SA
- Randox Laboratories, Ltd.
- Creative Diagnostics
Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by Technology
- Lateral Flow Assays
- ELISA Tests
- Other Immunodiagnostic Technologies
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Tests
- Other Molecular Diagnostic Tests
- Other Veterinary Diagnostic Technologies
Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by Animal Type
- Companion Animals
- Food Producing Animals
Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Reference Laboratories
- Veterinary Laboratories and Clinics
- Point of Care / In House Testing
- Research Institutes & Universities
Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.