Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics: Introduction
- Veterinary infectious disease diagnostics are tests that help in determining and identifying various disorders in animals. These procedures are performed via various methods that utilize their blood, feces, and tissue samples.
- New methods and technologies that have been developed for human diagnostics are also utilized extensively in veterinary diagnostics. Various methods used in veterinary diagnostics include immunodiagnostics (lateral flow assays, ELISA, etc.), molecular diagnostics (polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests, microarrays, etc.) and others.
- Other methods used include indirect fluorescent antibody test (IFAT), complement fixation, agglutination, western blot, etc.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market
- Increase in prevalence of zoonotic diseases is anticipated to propel the market. A disease that spreads between animals and humans is termed as zoonotic disease. It can be caused by viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi. Scientists estimate that more than 6 in 10 infectious diseases in humans spread through animals. Transportation of goods and rapid movement of people have resulted in the introduction and creation of several novel vector species previously absent in some areas.
- Prevalence of several zoonotic and vector-borne diseases is likely to increase in the near future as a result of changing social habits, habitat modification, exotic vector introductions, and climate change. Hence, the need for the development of rapid and precise diagnosis methods for the prevention of these diseases is anticipated to drive the veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market.
- The global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market continues to grow at a rapid pace. This growth can be witnessed in developed countries due to improved diagnostic and medical capabilities for companion animals. Technologically advanced diagnostic assays and techniques, such as RTPCR, are experiencing high market demand over conventional diagnosis products.
Immunodiagnostics Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on technology, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be segmented into immunodiagnostics, molecular diagnostics, and other veterinary diagnostic technologies. Immunodiagnostics segment is further divided into lateral flow assays, ELISA tests, and other immunodiagnostic technologies.
Immunodiagnostic segment accounted for the highest share of the veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market in 2018. This segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period. This dominance can be ascribed to the emergence of advanced diagnostic immunoassay formats and diagnostic platforms.
Companion Animals Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of animal type, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be divided into companion animal and food producing animal
- Companion animal segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the growing pet ownership in developed countries, increasing penetration of pet insurance, rising number of veterinary practitioners globally, and surge in animal disease control and disease prevention measures.
Reference Laboratories Segment to Dominate Global Market
- On the basis of end-user, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be classified into reference laboratories, veterinary hospitals & clinics, point-of-care/in-house testing, and research institutes & universities
- Reference laboratories end-user segment led the global market in 2018. The significant share of this end-user segment can be attributed to the high number of samples received for analysis in reference laboratories from small and large animal practices.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market Report
North America to Lead Global Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market can be categorized into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in product offerings, presence of key market players in the region, and rise in affordability and demand for early diagnosis.
- This market in Asia Pacific is projected to register the highest growth during the forecast period, owing to rise in adoption of pets, demand for infectious disease diagnostics in food-producing animals, and incidences of zoonotic diseases
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global veterinary infectious disease diagnostics market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Zoetis Inc.
- IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Neogen Corporation
- bioMérieux SA
- Randox Laboratories, Ltd.
- Creative Diagnostics
Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by Technology
- Lateral Flow Assays
- ELISA Tests
- Other Immunodiagnostic Technologies
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Tests
- Other Molecular Diagnostic Tests
- Other Veterinary Diagnostic Technologies
Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by Animal Type
- Companion Animals
- Food Producing Animals
Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Reference Laboratories
- Veterinary Laboratories and Clinics
- Point of Care / In House Testing
- Research Institutes & Universities
Veterinary Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.