Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market: Introduction
- Artificial insemination (AI) is a technique, in which semen with live sperm is collected and introduced into female reproductive tract at proper time with help of equipment. In this technique, the semen is inseminated into the female by introducing a portion of it either in a collected or dilute form into the cervix or uterus by mechanical devices at the appropriate time and under most hygienic sites.
- Artificial insemination technique is used in animal species comprising livestock, companion animals, and wildlife for selective breeding, genetic development, overcoming infertility, and conservation of species. This technique is primarily used for dairy cattle, in which semen from bulls determined to be genetically superior for important traits, especially milk production of their daughters, is collected, cryopreserved, kept indefinitely, distributed worldwide, and used to breed thousands of females in a superior bull's lifetime.
Global Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market: Key Trends
- The major benefits of artificial insemination is to minimize the risk of disease transmission associated with animal breeding. Artificial insemination is anticipated to increase demand for high cattle productivity and milk yield. In order to meet the constantly increasing demand, the market players are implementing artificial insemination process to produce high quality livestock breed and enhance production. This factor is projected to drive the global veterinary artificial insemination market during the forecast period.
- Surge in population across the globe, urbanization, and rise in the purchasing power of the average population is likely to increase production of high quality dairy and related products. Rise in demand for high quality milk products is expected to drive the global veterinary artificial insemination market in the next few years.
- Reduced risk of both genital and non-genital diseases in farm stock with the adoption of artificial insemination is likely to propel the global veterinary artificial insemination market. Moreover, increase in number of animal breeding facilities, scientific advancements in animal artificial insemination processes, benefits associated with animal breeding with AI technologies, and continuous rise in research & development are projected to fuel the growth of the global animal artificial insemination market during the forecast period.
Global Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market Segmentation
- In terms of product type, the global veterinary artificial insemination market can be classified into equipment, reagents & kits, and others. The equipment segment dominated the market in 2020 due to rise in prevalence of infectious diseases.
- Based on technique, the global market can be categorized into intracervical insemination, intrauterine insemination, intrauterine tub peritoneal insemination, and intratubal insemination. The intrauterine tub peritoneal insemination technique is primarily used for veterinary artificial insemination process.
- In terms of animal type, the global veterinary artificial insemination market can be segregated into cattle, swine, sheep, canine, equine, and others. The cattle segment accounted for major market share in 2020. Increase in milk consumption is anticipated to boost the adoption of artificial insemination technique, which is expected to propel the segment during the forecast period.
- Based on end-user, the global market can be divided into veterinary hospitals, veterinary clinics, and others. The veterinary hospitals segment held the largest market share because an increasing number of hospitals perform artificial insemination in developed and developing counties.
Asia Pacific to Account for Major Share of Global Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market
- Asia Pacific held the largest share of the global veterinary artificial insemination market in 2020. Increase in awareness about veterinary artificial insemination and rise in prevalence of infectious diseases in animals drives the market in the region.
- Asia Pacific's large market share is attributed to the presence of large livestock population. Increase in demand for milk and animal-based protein and government initiatives are the other factors fueling the growth of the market in the region. For instance, the Government of India announced nearly US$ 2.14 Bn in funding for animal husbandry infrastructure development projects in May 2020. Moreover, China has the world's third largest cattle inventory and is actively using artificial insemination technology in farms to increase productivity.
Key Players Operating in Global Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market
Major players operating in the global veterinary artificial insemination market are:
- Jorgensen Labs
- Merck Animal Health
- Neogen Corporation
- Bovine Elite LLC
- Agtech, Inc.
- PBS Animal Health
- Revival Animal Health
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- Swine Genetics
- IMV Technologies
- Other prominent players
Global Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market: Research Scope
Global Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market, by Product Type
- Reagents & Kits
Global Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market, by Technique
- Intracervical Insemination
- Intrauterine Insemination
- Intrauterine Tub Peritoneal Insemination
- Intratubal Insemination
Global Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market, by Animal Type
Global Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market, by End-user
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Veterinary Clinics
Global Veterinary Artificial Insemination Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.