Veterinary Anesthesia Drugs Market - Introduction
Anesthesia is a state of temporary loss of sensation or awareness that is required for medical purposes. It could be used for analgesia, unconsciousness, amnesia, or paralysis. Veterinary anesthesia is used for animals of all types such as cats, cattle, dogs, horses, goats, and pigs. The administration of anesthesia on animals is generally performed by a registered veterinary technician. Most animals are likely to become restless due to certain therapeutic procedures. Hence, anesthesia is used in these instances.
Global Veterinary Anesthesia Drugs Market - Drivers, Restraints, Trends
- The global veterinary anesthesia drugs market is driven by increase in pet adoption and rise in number of veterinary surgical procedures. Additionally, increase in incidence of chronic diseases in companion animals and surge in cases of accidental injuries in animals are the other factors that boost the growth of the global market. Introduction of advanced features in anesthesia machines such as new graphical screens, clear picture offering loops, and ventilation mode by manufacturers is expected to fuel the growth of the global market.
- Surge in pet adoption trends, pet bonding, and rise in veterinary care consumption are likely to augment the global veterinary anesthesia machines market
- Adoption of veterinary equipment among veterinarians has increased due to advancements in drug development procedures in the field of animal medicine. For example, in 2018, the Center for Veterinary Medicine approved anesthetic Alfaxan, an intravenous injectable that provides extended product shelf life.
- Rise in prevalence of oral diseases in pet animals and increase in focus on animal health care are projected to drive the global veterinary anesthesia drugs market in the next few years. However, oral issues among cats and dogs have always been a challenge for veterinarians.
- High prices of veterinary anesthetic equipment also acts as a restraint of the global market. It is expensive for small veterinary clinics and hospitals to purchase and maintain anesthesia equipment, which hampers the growth of the global veterinary anesthesia drugs market. However, high price of equipment can be attributed to advanced technology used in the equipment.
- An increasing number of new products are being introduced by manufacturers of anesthesia equipment, offering solutions to problems such as power failure, battery failure, and failure of electronic components. Additionally, the manufacturers of veterinary anesthesia equipment are required to adhere to stringent regulations set by regulatory bodies. For example, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) regulates the veterinary devices market in the U.S. It issues guidelines with respect to manufacturing, procuring, packaging, branding, selling, and usage of medical devices and encourages veterinarians and pet owners to report defects in veterinary medical equipment.
- The COVID 19 pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on businesses across industries. Overall, almost every sector is anticipated to be affected by the pandemic.
- Contactless payment processing, taking patient history by phone or virtually, and drive-thru pick-up and drop-off are practices to be followed during the pandemic
- Clinical activities have shifted, with home visits and routine checkups typically reducing or stopping altogether in most regions of the world
North America to dominate Global Veterinary Anesthesia Drugs Market
- North America accounted for the dominant share of the global veterinary anesthesia drugs market in 2020. Increase in pet ownership in the U.S. has driven demand for animal health care services. Moreover, surge in incidence of chronic diseases and injuries among pets is likely to accelerate the demand for anesthesia and related products in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in pet adoption and rise in demand for animal health services.
- Japan is anticipated to witness high demand for veterinary surgeries, as it is witnessing a rise in population of elderly pets, as the mean age of several dogs and cats is 12 to 13 years
- According to Japan Pet Food Association statistics, Japan had 9.52 million adopted cats and 8.92 million adopted dogs in 2017
Key Players in Global Veterinary Anesthesia Drugs Market
- Patterson Vet Supply, Inc.
- Kent Scientific Corporation
- Midmark Corporation
- Vetronic Services
- Vetland Medical Sales and Services
Global Veterinary Anesthesia Drugs Market - Research Scope
Global Veterinary Anesthesia Drugs Market, by Type
- Standalone Anesthesia Machines
- Portable Anesthesia Machines
Global Veterinary Anesthesia Drugs Market, by Product
- Waste Gas Management Systems
- Complete Anesthesia Machines
- Gas Delivery Management Systems
Global Veterinary Anesthesia Drugs Market, by End-user
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Veterinary Clinics
- Emergency Service Centers
- Veterinary Homecare Settings
Global Veterinary Anesthesia Drugs Market, by Animal Type
Global Veterinary Anesthesia Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.