Vertebral compression fracture (VCF), a spinal disorder is caused due to the compression of vertebrae because of trauma, osteoporosis, primary tumors or infections; resulting in spinal deformity, disability, and acute or chronic pain. Such fractures may be mild or severe in nature and most often occur in the thoracic and lumbar parts of the spinal cord. The non-surgical procedures for treating pain caused in VCF include bed rest, pain medication, back bracing, and physiotherapy. Modern VCF treatment options such as minimally invasive surgical procedures which involve injecting of cementing material in the fractured vertebra provide immediate relief from pain and stability to the patient. Post surgery complications may include failure of the bones to fuse, humpback and compression of spinal cord or nerve root.
The global vertebral compression fracture devices market is categorized on the basis of the following product types:
- Vertebroplasty devices
- Balloon kyphoplasty devices
Currently, North America dominates the global vertebral compression fracture devices market and is followed by Europe due to existence of well-evolved reimbursement policies and rise in aging population. Emerging economies of Asia, Middle and Latin America are also expected to undergo rapid market growth due to rapid technological advances, growth in awareness about health and wellness and improvement in healthcare infrastructure.
Some of the major factors driving this market include increased physician training and awareness as well as rising incidences of osteoporosis and arthritis associated with aging. However, risk of complications post surgery and less scope of full reimbursement in poorly developed countries may pose a challenge to the growth of vertebral compression fracture devices market.
Some of the key players contributing to the global VCF devices market include Alphatec Spine, Inc., Amedica Corporation, Biomet, Inc., Depuy Spine, Inc., Exactech, Inc., CareFusion Corporation, Cook Medical, Inc., DePuy Synthes, Globus Medical, Inc., Orthofix Interventional N.V., K2M, Inc., Medtronic, Inc., NuVasive, Inc., Orthovita, Inc., Pioneer Surgical Technology, Stryker Corporation and Zimmer Holding, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.