Ventricular Support Systems Market: Introduction
- Ventricular support system is a mechanical device that circulates the blood from heart to the rest of the body. This is useful for patients with cardiac failure or a weak heart.
- Heart failure is a global pandemic affecting approximately 26 million people worldwide and the prevalence is increasing. This is driving the ventricular assist devices (VADs) market.
- The device can be implanted in the left, right or both ventricles of the heart; however, often it is placed in the left ventricle known as the Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- LVADs are implanted into the body through the open-heart surgery where its function is to receive blood from left ventricle and pumps it to the aorta, which is then circulated to all parts of body. The device works, along with the patient’s heart and this treatment option is for end-stage heart failure patients. From the past two decades, several hospitals and international research centers are using VADs for treating heart patients.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Ventricular Support Systems Market Brochure
Key Drivers & Restraints for Global Ventricular Support Systems Market
- Researchers have developed VADs. The function of VADs is to ease the workload of heart in patients with heart failure.
- Heart failure is common worldwide. Moreover, western lifestyle in developing countries is contributing towards incidences of heart failure. The occurrence of cardiovascular problems is expected to increase due to rapidly aging population and advancements in treatment procedures. This will further result in increased hospitalization rates as well as health care costs.
- According to a journal published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in 2017, presently, 5.7 million people in the U.S. have heart conditions. It is expected that by 2030, more than 8 million people will be suffering from this condition, a 46% increase in prevalence.
- Requirement of high initial investment for design, set up, infrastructure then implementation of the process also the maintenance cost is high. These factors limits the entry of new player in market.
- Despite of growing prevalence of heart failure, there are few limitations, which is hindering the growth of the global ventricular support systems market, such as the high cost of the device. Moreover, risks associated with the procedure restrains the growth of the market.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Ventricular Support Systems Market
- North America is a leading contributor to the global market. Rise in elderly population, increase in cases of heart failure, favorable reimbursement policies, and eminent infrastructure are major factors propelling the growth of the ventricular support systems market in North America.
- The global ventricular support systems market is majorly led by the U.S., followed by Europe. In a study performed in Spain, there is a growing prevalence of heart diseases. For instance, in 2,000, 895 out of 100,000 were suffering from heart condition, which increased to 2,126 cases in 2007. The prevalence rate of major countries of Europe is around 2%, which comprises of Germany (1.8%) and Sweden (2.2%).
- Heart failure is prevalent in Asia, ranging between 1.3% and 6.7%. In China, Japan, and India, there are approximately 4.2 million, 1 million, and 3 million people suffering from heart failure, respectively. In Southeast Asian countries, over 9 million people have heart conditions. The prevalence is 6.7% in Malaysia and 4.5% in Singapore, which is on the higher side. Thus, countries of Asia Pacific and Latin America offer high potential for market growth. However, due to limitations of cost, new companies are struggling to be a part of the market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Ventricular Support Systems Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Medtronic plc
- Abbott Laboratories
- ReliantHeart Inc.
- Berlin Heart GmbH
- Jarvik Heart, Inc.
- ABIOMED, Inc.
- Calon Cardio-Technology Ltd.
- LivaNova PLC (Acquired Tandem Heart which manufactures VADs)
- Evaheart Medical USA, Inc. (Asahi Kasei Corp.)
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA (XENIOS AG)
- Maquet GmbH (Getinge AB)
- Informa plc
Ventricular Support Systems Market: Research Scope
Ventricular Support Systems Market, by Placement Site
- Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Right Ventricular Assist Device (RVAD)
- Biventricular Assist Device (BIVAD)
Ventricular Support Systems Market, by Application
- Bridge-to-transplant (BTT) Therapy
- Destination Therapy
- Bridge-to-recovery (BTR) Therapy
- Bridge-to-candidacy (BTC) Therapy
Ventricular Support Systems Market, by Design
- Transcutaneous Ventricular Assist Devices
- Implantable Ventricular Assist Devices
Ventricular Support Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.