Vein illumination device, also known as vein finder, is a biomedical device which uses near infrared light to illuminate subcutaneous veins on skin surface. These devices have applications in hospitals, clinics, private healthcare practices, nursing homes, blood donation centers, ambulances, rehabilitation facilities and academic institutions. These devices are beneficial in case where health problems create difficulties in correct vein identification particularly in elderly patients and for rapid access in emergency situations.
At present, vein illumination devices are majorly used in venipuncture procedures. Venipuncture is the most common invasive medical procedure performed worldwide blood drawing and IV infusion. In addition, the devices are also used in sclerotherapy procedures enabling to identify veins and provide real-time position of the sclerosant being injected. Use of vein illumination devices leads to increased patient comfort and patient satisfaction. Besides, it also improves healthcare professional’s ability to access veins by projecting an image on a patient’s skin which reveals the position of the underlying veins. Moreover, patient discomfort related to the failure in traditional venipuncture procedure is circumvented through the use of vein illuminating devices.
The selection of the vein illumination device depends on the medical need of the patient. There are devices available in various wavelengths and illumination technologies such as magnification, transillumination and infrared technology. Infrared technology based vein illumination is a costlier affair but provides clear image for performance of efficient and accurate medical procedure. AccuVein, VeinViewer, Venoscope and Veinite are some of the major brands in this market. AccuVein Inc. is the market leader in the vein illumination device market. Healthcare professionals in U.S., Canada, Germany, France and other developed countries are already benefitting from the use of these devices in terms of improving patient satisfaction and reducing procedural failure costs.
Factors such as rising blood donation, desire to improve patient comfort and satisfaction with respect to the medical service and blood drawing for checkup would be contributing to the rising demand for vein illumination devices. Some of the major suppliers in this market includes AccuVein Inc., Christie Medical Holdings, Inc., TransLite, LLC, Sharn Anesthesia and Venoscope, LLC.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments