Global Vegetable Capsules Market: Introduction
- Capsules are solid dosage forms in which the drug substance is enclosed within a hard or soft soluble shell. The shells are generally formed from gelatin. Vegetable capsules are a new approach which might replace the usage of gelatin capsules.
- Vegetarian capsules are derivatives of vegetable cellulose. They are completely natural and contain no preservatives, wheat, gelatin, gluten, animal by-products and also, are made from the pure cellulose of either poplar or pine.
Key Drivers of Global Vegetable Capsules Market
- One of the advantages of vegetarian capsules is that they are not made with animal byproducts, and thereby this characteristic makes them suitable for individuals who choose not to consume products sourced from animals
- Compared to other capsules available in the market, vegetable capsules dissolve faster and can release their contents to be consumed by the body at a more effective pace. Furthermore, these vegetable capsules offer more stability when stored for longer periods of time, and have high tolerance to heat and humidity. Such factors are responsible for driving the vegetable capsules market.
- Vegetable capsules are helpful in masking odors and bad taste and are easy to swallow. Moreover, these capsules can be used for a variety of products which are moisture sensitive, hygroscopic, and liquid formulations.
- Rise in demand of vegetable capsules, increase in patient population, rise in research & developmental activities in health care, increase in adoption of vegan foods, and extensive number of benefits offered by vegetable capsules are key factors boosting the global vegetable capsules market
- However, high costs of vegetable capsule is anticipated to restrain the global Vegetable Capsules market during the forecast period
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Strategies Adopted by Key Players to Offer Attractive Opportunities to Market
- Companies operating in the global vegetable capsules market are focused on catering to the needs of the medical community as well as patient pool by introducing new products and technologies. Leading players emphasize on research & developmental activities and engage in acquisitions, mergers, and collaborations to strengthen their position in the global market.
- For instance, in August 2019, ACG Capsules (ACGC), part of ACG Group, a supplier offering manufacturing solutions for the pharma industry, introduced a new line of HPMC capsules to meet a variety of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical needs. The new ACGcaps H+ capsule has no gelling agent, is suitable for hygroscopic and moisture-sensitive formulations, and meets consumer demands for clean label and vegetarian capsule options.
- In February 2018, CapsCanada, a leading provider of capsules for pharmaceutical drugs and dietary supplements, announced the addition of a new, state-of-the-art, dedicated hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) capsule manufacturing facility. CapsCanada increased capsule output by 50% with this investment.
- Developing economies present lucrative opportunities to the global vegetable capsules market, owing to increase in patient population, surge in prevalence of various diseases, and rise in research & development activities in these countries
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Vegetable Capsules Market
- North America is projected to account for a leading share of the global vegetable capsules market during the forecast period, due to rise in the patient population, increase in research & developmental activities, availability of well-established health care infrastructure, continuous technological advancements, rise in number of well-equipped laboratories, and presence of key players in the region
- The vegetable capsules market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increase in prevalence of various diseases, expanding health care sector, and rising interest of key players in expanding their presence in the market in the region
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Vegetable Capsules Market
Leading players in the global vegetable capsules market are focusing on research & development activities and technological advancements. Their competitors are also emphasizing on various growth strategies including mergers, acquisitions, product advancements, new product approvals and launches, partnerships, and collaborations. Leading players operating in the global vegetable capsules market include:
- Catalent, Inc
- Hunan ER-KANG
- Bahrain Pharma
- Sirio Pharma Co., Ltd.
- Aenova Holding GmbH
- HealthCaps India Ltd.
Global Vegetable Capsules Market: Research Scope
Global Vegetable Capsules Market, by Material
- Plant Polysaccharides (Pullulan)
- HPMC (Hydroxyl Propyl Methyl Celluloses)
Global Vegetable Capsules Market, by Application
- Health Supplements
Global Vegetable Capsules Market, by End-user
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Nutraceutical Companies
- Cosmetic Companies
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.