Varicella Live Vaccine Market: Introduction
- Varicella vaccine is also known as chicken-pox vaccine as it offers protection against chicken pox causing virus, the varicella-zoster virus. This vaccine is made from a live but weakened or attenuated virus. The viruses which are attenuated are usually less virulent and are incapable of causing a disease. However, the attenuated vaccine can stimulate response from the body’s immune system.
- Chicken pox is highly contagious and is usually spread by direct contact or through air by coughing and sneezing. The illness usually causes an itchy rash and leads to the formation of over 400 blisters all over the body. In addition, it causes headache, fussiness, and coughing in the patients.
- Since 2005, the vaccine is available as a combination vaccine, which offers protection against rubella, measles, mumps, and varicella. This combination vaccine is known as MMRV.
- Varicella vaccine is usually given in two doses, at the age of 12 to 18 months and at the age of 4 to 6 years
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Varicella Live Vaccine Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Varicella Live Vaccine Market
- According to CDC, over 3.5 million cases of chickenpox, 9,000 hospitalizations, and 100 deaths are prevented by chickenpox vaccination in the U.S. This contributes to the growth of the varicella live vaccine market. Strengthening of national programs by various countries due to improved support and coordination among local, national, regional, and international stakeholders, has succeeded in improving immunization coverage rates.
- Increase in government focus on offering immunization programs to reduce the disease burden aids in the growth of the varicella live vaccine market. According to the WHO's Health Spending Observatory, the global expenditure on routine immunization increased on average from US$ 21.4 to US$ 26.9 per infant in 2016.
- A number of manufacturers in collaboration with Gavi, the World Bank, WHO, and UNICEF are committed to support immunization programs and accelerate the introduction of new vaccines. Few companies in association with Gavi are also developing the EPIVAC program to train health care providers to implement and strengthen immunization campaigns in countries such as sub-Saharan African countries. This would contribute to the growth of the varicella live vaccine market.
North America to Lead Global Varicella Live Vaccine Market
- In terms of region, the global varicella live vaccine market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global varicella live vaccine market, owing to increase in awareness among people, well-established immunization programs, and well-established health care infrastructure
- Europe was the second largest market for varicella live vaccine in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for varicella live vaccine, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in number of immunization programs, increase in government focus on reducing the health care burden, increase in population, and growing health care infrastructure aid in the growth of the varicella live vaccine market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Varicella Live Vaccine Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Varicella Live Vaccine Market
Leading players in the global varicella live vaccine market include:
- Bio-Med Pvt. Limited
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Novo Medi Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Global Varicella Live Vaccine Market: Research Scope
Global Varicella Live Vaccine Market, by Product
- Monovalent Vaccine
- Combination Vaccine
Global Varicella Live Vaccine Market, by Application
- MMRV Immunization
- Herpes Zoster Immunization
- Chickenpox Immunization
Global Varicella Live Vaccine Market, by Provider
- Public Provider
- Private Provider
Global Varicella Live Vaccine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.