Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market: Introduction
- Valvular atrial fibrillation is a type of cardiac arrhythmia distinguished by an abnormal cardiac rhythm caused by a disturbance in heart’s electrical system. It is considered to be one of the most prevalent types of cardiac arrhythmia. General symptoms associated with atrial fibrillation include fluttering heartbeat, irregular pulse, weakness, dizziness, and fatigue.
- Atrial fibrillation (AF) is one of the most commonly occurring cardiac rhythm conditions. Being a potentially life threatening disease and expensive to treat, the overall health care system views the treatment for this condition as a strategically critical area to address.
- Some of the major causes of valvular atrial fibrillation are high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, pneumonia, pulmonary embolus, obesity, lung cancer, and excessive alcohol and caffeine consumption
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market
- Favorable Results Exhibited by Clinical Trials Drive Global Market
- Combined pharmacological therapy is a new and promising treatment option for valvular atrial fibrillation. Favorable results exhibited by clinical trials pertaining to combined pharmacological therapy are likely to serve the market as a driver by catering to the unmet medical needs prevalent in the field of valvular atrial fibrillation. In addition, research results on animal mode for the combined therapy yielded favorable and synergistic anti-arrhythmic results.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market Report
- Rise in Prevalence of Hypertension and Obesity Accelerate Incidence Rate of Atrial Fibrillation
- Hypertension and obesity are considered as leading causes of cardiovascular disorders, especially valvular atrial fibrillation
- Prevalence of cardiovascular disorders is on a constant rise on account of socio-economic factors such as lifestyle-induced dietary and other habits (excessive alcohol consumption and smoking). According to the W.H.O estimates in 2016, 35% of adults aged 20 years and above were overweight. The global prevalence of obesity has almost doubled since 1980 and is expected to rapidly increase in the future. Moreover, the prevalence of hypertension in 2016 was valued at 1 billion. W.H.O suggests that in 2016, the prevalence of hypertension induced raised blood pressure in low, middle and upper middle income countries was 40% and in high income countries was 35%. High and rising prevalence of these disorders is expected to have a high impact on the market throughout the forecast period.
Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market: Segmentation
- Based on treatment type, the global valvular atrial fibrillation market can be segmented into pharmacological and Non-pharmacological treatments
- The pharmacological segment is classified into anti-arrhythmic and anti-coagulants
- The non-pharmacological segment is sub-segmented into catheter ablation procedure, maze surgery, and electric cardioversion
- The catheter ablation procedure sub-segment is further classified into radiofrequency, HIFU, cryoablation, microwave, and laser
- Based on end-user, the global valvular atrial fibrillation market can be categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others
North America to Dominate Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market
- In terms of region, the global valvular atrial fibrillation market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to constitute the largest market for valvular atrial fibrillation. Major share of this market is based on high cost of valvular atrial fibrillation devices and growth in the sale of ablative technologies. The perpetual inadequacy of drug therapy which is the mainstay of valvular atrial fibrillation treatment is expected to drive the patient preference for non-pharmacologic valvular atrial fibrillation treatment modalities such as direct ablative therapies and implant-based valvular atrial fibrillation therapies. Furthermore, rise in prevalence of valvular atrial fibrillation is another major factor which drives the demand for valvular atrial fibrillation therapies in North America. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, estimated that 2.7 million people in U.S. suffered from atrial fibrillation in 2017 with as many as 12 million people are expected to have the condition by 2050.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufactures Operating in Global Market
The global valvular atrial fibrillation market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global valvular atrial fibrillation market include:
- AtriCure, Inc.
- Biosense Webster, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market: Research Scope
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, by Treatment Type
- Non-pharmacological Treatments
- Catheter Ablation Procedure
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Maze Surgery
- Electric Cardioversion
- Catheter Ablation Procedure
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.