Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market: Introduction
- Valvular atrial fibrillation is a type of cardiac arrhythmia distinguished by an abnormal cardiac rhythm caused by a disturbance in heart’s electrical system. It is considered to be one of the most prevalent types of cardiac arrhythmia. General symptoms associated with atrial fibrillation include fluttering heartbeat, irregular pulse, weakness, dizziness, and fatigue.
- Atrial fibrillation (AF) is one of the most commonly occurring cardiac rhythm conditions. Being a potentially life threatening disease and expensive to treat, the overall health care system views the treatment for this condition as a strategically critical area to address.
- Some of the major causes of valvular atrial fibrillation are high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, pneumonia, pulmonary embolus, obesity, lung cancer, and excessive alcohol and caffeine consumption
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market
- Favorable Results Exhibited by Clinical Trials Drive Global Market
- Combined pharmacological therapy is a new and promising treatment option for valvular atrial fibrillation. Favorable results exhibited by clinical trials pertaining to combined pharmacological therapy are likely to serve the market as a driver by catering to the unmet medical needs prevalent in the field of valvular atrial fibrillation. In addition, research results on animal mode for the combined therapy yielded favorable and synergistic anti-arrhythmic results.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market Report
- Rise in Prevalence of Hypertension and Obesity Accelerate Incidence Rate of Atrial Fibrillation
- Hypertension and obesity are considered as leading causes of cardiovascular disorders, especially valvular atrial fibrillation
- Prevalence of cardiovascular disorders is on a constant rise on account of socio-economic factors such as lifestyle-induced dietary and other habits (excessive alcohol consumption and smoking). According to the W.H.O estimates in 2016, 35% of adults aged 20 years and above were overweight. The global prevalence of obesity has almost doubled since 1980 and is expected to rapidly increase in the future. Moreover, the prevalence of hypertension in 2016 was valued at 1 billion. W.H.O suggests that in 2016, the prevalence of hypertension induced raised blood pressure in low, middle and upper middle income countries was 40% and in high income countries was 35%. High and rising prevalence of these disorders is expected to have a high impact on the market throughout the forecast period.
Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market: Segmentation
- Based on treatment type, the global valvular atrial fibrillation market can be segmented into pharmacological and Non-pharmacological treatments
- The pharmacological segment is classified into anti-arrhythmic and anti-coagulants
- The non-pharmacological segment is sub-segmented into catheter ablation procedure, maze surgery, and electric cardioversion
- The catheter ablation procedure sub-segment is further classified into radiofrequency, HIFU, cryoablation, microwave, and laser
- Based on end-user, the global valvular atrial fibrillation market can be categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others
North America to Dominate Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market
- In terms of region, the global valvular atrial fibrillation market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to constitute the largest market for valvular atrial fibrillation. Major share of this market is based on high cost of valvular atrial fibrillation devices and growth in the sale of ablative technologies. The perpetual inadequacy of drug therapy which is the mainstay of valvular atrial fibrillation treatment is expected to drive the patient preference for non-pharmacologic valvular atrial fibrillation treatment modalities such as direct ablative therapies and implant-based valvular atrial fibrillation therapies. Furthermore, rise in prevalence of valvular atrial fibrillation is another major factor which drives the demand for valvular atrial fibrillation therapies in North America. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, estimated that 2.7 million people in U.S. suffered from atrial fibrillation in 2017 with as many as 12 million people are expected to have the condition by 2050.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufactures Operating in Global Market
The global valvular atrial fibrillation market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global valvular atrial fibrillation market include:
- AtriCure, Inc.
- Biosense Webster, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market: Research Scope
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, by Treatment Type
- Non-pharmacological Treatments
- Catheter Ablation Procedure
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Maze Surgery
- Electric Cardioversion
- Catheter Ablation Procedure
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.