Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market: Introduction
- Valvular atrial fibrillation is a type of cardiac arrhythmia distinguished by an abnormal cardiac rhythm caused by a disturbance in heart’s electrical system. It is considered to be one of the most prevalent types of cardiac arrhythmia. General symptoms associated with atrial fibrillation include fluttering heartbeat, irregular pulse, weakness, dizziness, and fatigue.
- Atrial fibrillation (AF) is one of the most commonly occurring cardiac rhythm conditions. Being a potentially life threatening disease and expensive to treat, the overall health care system views the treatment for this condition as a strategically critical area to address.
- Some of the major causes of valvular atrial fibrillation are high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, pneumonia, pulmonary embolus, obesity, lung cancer, and excessive alcohol and caffeine consumption
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market
- Favorable Results Exhibited by Clinical Trials Drive Global Market
- Combined pharmacological therapy is a new and promising treatment option for valvular atrial fibrillation. Favorable results exhibited by clinical trials pertaining to combined pharmacological therapy are likely to serve the market as a driver by catering to the unmet medical needs prevalent in the field of valvular atrial fibrillation. In addition, research results on animal mode for the combined therapy yielded favorable and synergistic anti-arrhythmic results.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market Report
- Rise in Prevalence of Hypertension and Obesity Accelerate Incidence Rate of Atrial Fibrillation
- Hypertension and obesity are considered as leading causes of cardiovascular disorders, especially valvular atrial fibrillation
- Prevalence of cardiovascular disorders is on a constant rise on account of socio-economic factors such as lifestyle-induced dietary and other habits (excessive alcohol consumption and smoking). According to the W.H.O estimates in 2016, 35% of adults aged 20 years and above were overweight. The global prevalence of obesity has almost doubled since 1980 and is expected to rapidly increase in the future. Moreover, the prevalence of hypertension in 2016 was valued at 1 billion. W.H.O suggests that in 2016, the prevalence of hypertension induced raised blood pressure in low, middle and upper middle income countries was 40% and in high income countries was 35%. High and rising prevalence of these disorders is expected to have a high impact on the market throughout the forecast period.
Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market: Segmentation
- Based on treatment type, the global valvular atrial fibrillation market can be segmented into pharmacological and Non-pharmacological treatments
- The pharmacological segment is classified into anti-arrhythmic and anti-coagulants
- The non-pharmacological segment is sub-segmented into catheter ablation procedure, maze surgery, and electric cardioversion
- The catheter ablation procedure sub-segment is further classified into radiofrequency, HIFU, cryoablation, microwave, and laser
- Based on end-user, the global valvular atrial fibrillation market can be categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others
North America to Dominate Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market
- In terms of region, the global valvular atrial fibrillation market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to constitute the largest market for valvular atrial fibrillation. Major share of this market is based on high cost of valvular atrial fibrillation devices and growth in the sale of ablative technologies. The perpetual inadequacy of drug therapy which is the mainstay of valvular atrial fibrillation treatment is expected to drive the patient preference for non-pharmacologic valvular atrial fibrillation treatment modalities such as direct ablative therapies and implant-based valvular atrial fibrillation therapies. Furthermore, rise in prevalence of valvular atrial fibrillation is another major factor which drives the demand for valvular atrial fibrillation therapies in North America. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, estimated that 2.7 million people in U.S. suffered from atrial fibrillation in 2017 with as many as 12 million people are expected to have the condition by 2050.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufactures Operating in Global Market
The global valvular atrial fibrillation market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global valvular atrial fibrillation market include:
- AtriCure, Inc.
- Biosense Webster, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market: Research Scope
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, by Treatment Type
- Non-pharmacological Treatments
- Catheter Ablation Procedure
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Maze Surgery
- Electric Cardioversion
- Catheter Ablation Procedure
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Valvular Atrial Fibrillation Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.