High Purity Quartz Sand Market
High Purity Quartz Sand Market for UVC Lighting (Application: Air Treatment, Water Disinfection, Surface Sterilization, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Quartz UV Germicidal Lamps Help Combat Coronavirus Pathogens in Indoor Environments
Ultraviolet (UV) lighting has sparked new interest in disinfecting indoor air to fight away COVID-19 (coronavirus) pathogens. Manufacturers in the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting are scurrying toward incremental opportunities in UV germicidal lamps that are being used to disinfect trains in Moscow. Clinical evidences have shown how UV lighting is effective in rendering airborne microbes such as measles and tuberculosis as harmless, which serves as a close relative to the novel coronavirus. However, the WHO (World Health Organization) is under scrutiny for associating COVID-19 as an airborne virus.
Due to the ongoing panic surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, government organizations are opting for quartz UV germicidal lamps to combat the virus. Common people are also becoming increasingly aware about the advantages of UV germicidal lamps. Hence, manufacturers in the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting are increasing their production capacity to meet end-use cases.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Advanced Purifying Technologies Being Used to Produce High Purity Quartz Sand for UV Lighting
High purity quartz sand has become an essential part of lighting products. Tubes of silica glass are used in halogen light bulbs and help to envelope the high temperature of tungsten filament. Rusnano- a Russian innovation development institution is focusing on the modernization and expansion of high purity quartz sand used in ultraviolet lighting, special-purpose optics, and quartz ceramics. Manufacturers in the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting are tapping into incremental opportunities in field of electronics, medical equipment, and air treatment applications.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Companies in the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting are focusing on optimizing quartz for lighting engineering. They are tying up with Chinese manufacturers to obtain high purity quartz sand. Manufacturers are adopting advanced purifying technologies and investing in state-of-the-art facilities to boost production levels. Low phosphor and boron in quartz is highly preferred by manufacturers who are aiming to maximize their business in semiconductor applications.
High-intensity Quartz Lamps Combined with Reflectors Effectively Direct UVC Energy
Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) helps to inactivate potential viruses and bacteria that have risks to cause diseases in people. Application of UVC is becoming increasingly frequent as concerns about indoor air quality are surging among individuals. Hence, manufacturers in the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting are increasing their production capacities to develop lamps that help to destroy molds and other microbial contaminants. For instance, JAS Filtration Inc.- an air filter supplier in Longueuil, Canada, is increasing awareness about its patent pending JAS Filtration CoilClean purifiers that prevent and destroy microbial contaminants from fan coils and rooftop coils.
Emerging market players in the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting are taking cues from leading air filter suppliers to develop anodized aluminum parabolic reflectors that help to virtually direct the UVC energy in lamps.
Low-pressure Mercury Vapor Lamps Pose Threat to Sales of UVC Lamps
The improvisation of indoor air quality is a recurring trend, which is creating value-grab opportunities for companies in the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting. Manufacturers are targeting their products toward potential customers such as in dentist offices, daycares, and boutiques in order to improve the air quality. The high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting is projected to grow at a favorable CAGR of ~5% during the assessment period. However, low-pressure mercury vapor lamps act as a substitute for UVC germicidal lamps, and can hamper market growth. Hence, manufacturers are adopting the pulsed xenon light source technology, which serves as an effective alternative to low-pressure mercury vapor lamps.
Manufacturers are establishing stable revenue streams via HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems to improve indoor air quality of buildings and homes.
UVC Ozone Light Bulbs Grow Popular in Air and Water Disinfection Applications
Ozone light bulbs are creating lucrative business opportunities for companies in the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting. These light bulbs are being extensively used in air and water disinfection applications. Natural germicidal effects of UVC ozone light bulbs help to eliminate contaminants in air, water, and surfaces. Hence, companies in the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting are increasing their production capabilities to manufacture ozone light bulbs with high quality quartz glass.
UVC ozone lamps help eliminate volatile organic compounds (VOCs) such as ammonia, sulfides, and mercaptans. Manufacturers are capitalizing on the advantages of UVC ozone light since conventional UV light cannot penetrate into hard to reach places of indoor environments.
UVC Products Acquire Prominence in Medical Treatment and Counterfeit Testing
Apart from air treatment applications, companies in the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting are exploring revenue opportunities in medical treatment applications. This is evident since the market is projected to cross US$ 200 Mn by the end of 2030. Everlight Electronics - a specialist in the LED (Light Emitting Diode) and optoelectronics industry, announced the launch of its new ELUC3535NUB series of UVC products meant for medical treatments and counterfeit testing.
There is a rapid growth in the demand for the UV technology in air purification and sterilization of running water applications. Hence, companies are directing their investments in the LED technology in order to innovate in UVC products. They are acquiring proficiency for the development of UVC products involving low to high wattages and several emitting angles.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in High Purity Quartz Sand Market for UVC Lighting , ask for a customized report
UVC products are being embedded in HVAC systems of buildings and public transport to contain the spread of COVID-19 pathogens. Manufacturers in the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting are collaborating with Chinese manufacturers to obtain yields of high-quality quartz. However, the pulsed xenon light source technology has limitations in continuous air disinfection systems. Hence, companies should develop lamps and bulbs with doped quartz to prevent the formation of potentially dangerous ozone. They should increase their production capabilities to manufacture UV air purification systems that help to improve indoor air quality and prevent individuals from the risks of diseases caused by molds and microbes.
High Purity Quartz Sand Market for UVC Lighting: Overview
- High purity quartz sand is usually expressed relative to an industry-standard benchmark called IOTA. High purity quartz sand is a vital industrial component required in the production of all high-end electronics applications, semi-conductors, and photovoltaic (PV) solar panels. None of these products can be manufactured without reliable supply of consistent-purity high purity quartz sand.
- High purity quartz sand is high purity quartz silica with 99.99% of purity. Availability of high purity quartz sand is relatively low. High purity quartz sand is used in high purity fillers, ceramics, specialty glass, and molding compounds. The processing required to produce high purity quartz sand depends on the amount and type of impurities present. It may include crushing, screening, floatation, acid washes (by using hydrofluoric acid), magnetic separation, and/or other physical, chemical, and thermal techniques. Naturally occurring ultra-pure SiO2 (with purity higher than 99.997%) is suitable for the production of high-purity fillers and silicon metal. It is also utilized in solar panels and semi-conductors. It is geologically rare and more expensive than the lower-grade material. Deposits of high purity quartz sand are rare. The largest known occurrence is in Alaskite igneous rocks near Spruce Pine, North Carolina, the U.S.
Key Growth Drivers of High Purity Quartz Sand Market for UVC Lighting
- Occurrence of health issues due to lack of availability of safe drinking water has been a major reason for the outbreak of diseases in developing countries. Several developing countries have been using chlorination for disinfection of public water since a long time. However, advent of new bacteria such as Cryptosporidium and Legionella Pneumophila, which are resistant to chlorine, has been compelling governments in countries such as China and South Africa to use newer technologies to tackle the health hazards caused by contaminated or unsafe water. UVC disinfection is an effective method of disinfection vis-à-vis various other methods of disinfection.
- China has been focusing on water and wastewater treatment since the last few years in order to improve the health profiles of its citizens. It has been replacing the traditional methods and equipment for water treatment, which include chemical treatment, with newer technologies such as UVC disinfection. The U.S. and countries in Europe are also at the forefront of using the UVC disinfection technique for water and wastewater treatment.
- According to the United Nations (UN), the global population is projected to reach 8.5 billion by 2030. Consequently, public demand for water is expected to rise significantly. Water is also required in agriculture, manufacturing, and energy production. Thus, limited supply of fresh water is anticipated to fuel the need to manage the widening demand and supply gap of water. This has led to an increase in focus on reuse of wastewater.
- Reuse of wastewater can release the burden on existing water supplies. UVC disinfection technology is effective in inactivating most viruses. This method is preferred widely over chemical water disinfection techniques, since disinfection of water using UVC technology does not result in the production of any disinfection by-products.
- Demand for wastewater disinfection using the UVC technology is expected to rise significantly during the forecast period, as UVC disinfection is a user-friendly technique with no residual effect to humans or aquatic life; and the method inactivates pathogens without forming disinfection by-products (DBP).
- The factors mentioned above are expected to drive the UVC disinfection equipment market during the forecast period, thereby boosting the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting applications
Key Challenges for High Purity Quartz Market for UVC Lighting
- High purity quartz sand is a highly important mineral, especially for microelectronics and electronics industries. However, it faces the issue of impurity. This has prompted several electronics companies to buy the low purity grade or find substitutes.
- High prices of high purity quartz and ultra-high purity quartz act as a restraint of the high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting. Prices of low-to-medium-grade high purity quartz sand material typically range from US$ 300 per ton to US$ 500 per ton. The price of high purity grade stands at US$ 5,000 per ton. Ultra-high-purity grade can even be priced higher than US$ 5,000 per ton.
- Major producers of high purity quartz sand are privately held and sell their products on a contract basis. Therefore, prices of high purity quartz are high. Purity and demand levels are important price determinants, with the material sold primarily to Asia-based crucible manufacturers. Most of these are located in China.
Lucrative Opportunities for Players in High Purity Quartz Market for UVC Lighting
- High purity quartz sand is prominently used in manufacture of UV lamps and quartz sleeves, due to its excellent optical transmission properties and the ability to withstand extreme temperatures and thermal shocks without deformation
- Quartz sleeves offer protection against air and water flow, breakage, leakage, temperature fluctuations, and environmental hazards. Quartz sleeves form a barrier between the UV lamp and the water being treated. The UV lamp is housed inside the sleeve and the water is on the outside; thus, the lamp’s UV dosage that actually gets to the water depends on how clean and clear the quartz sleeve is.
- High purity quart sand is used in all types of quartz lighting including automotive xenon, halogen, HID, and UPH lamps
Asia Pacific Dominates High Purity Quartz Market for UVC Lighting
- Asia Pacific is a highly attractive region of the global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting. China is likely to hold leading share of the market in the region during the forecast period. Wide industrial manufacturing base, high availability of raw materials, broad consumer base, and large population are some of the key factors driving the demand for high purity quartz sand in the country.
- North America is another vital consumer of high purity quartz sand, with the presence of a large number of players as well as manufacturing facilities in the region. The Quartz Corp. is a prominent supplier of high purity quartz sand from sites in Spruce Pine (the U.S.), which is the source of the world's purest quartz sand.
Leading Players in High Purity Quartz Sand Market for UVC lighting
- The global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting is dominated by only a few players. Two producers - The Quartz Corp. and Covia Holdings Corporation - constitute more than 80% share of the global production.
- Key players operating in the global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting are
- The Quartz Corp
- Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co., Ltd
- High Purity Quartz Pty Ltd
- Russian Quartz
- I-Minerals Inc.
- Creswick Quartz
- Nordic Mining ASA
- Most companies focus on improvement and innovation in the manufacturing of high purity quartz sand.
High Purity Quartz Sand Market for UVC Lighting – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for growth of the global high purity quartz market for UVC lighting. The study also identifies growth avenues for market stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the global high purity quartz market for UVC lighting is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global high purity quartz market for UVC lighting that can aid companies operating in the market in making strategic business decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the semiconductor industry with respect to the global high purity quartz market for UVC lighting during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the global high purity quartz market for UVC lighting and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (Tons) and value (US$ Thousand).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global high purity quartz market for UVC lighting, along with key information and competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of major players operating in the global high purity quartz market for UVC lighting, wherein various market developments and growth strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on High Purity Quartz Sand Market for UVC Lighting
The report provides detailed information about the global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global high purity quartz market for UVC lighting, which would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting between 2020 and 2030?
- What are winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global high purity quartz market for UVC lighting?
Research Methodology – High Purity Quartz Sand Market for UVC Lighting
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global high purity quartz market for UVC lighting.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting.
High Purity Quartz Sand Market for UVC Lighting – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting in terms of application and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different market segments and explains how they are influencing the global high purity quartz sand market for UVC lighting.