UV Light Disinfection Systems: Introduction
- UV light disinfection systems are non-touch disinfection device used to kill various infectious pathogens present on medical devices, health care equipment, and health care facilities such as operating rooms and patient wards
- These systems use high intensity ultraviolet light-C (UV-C) lamp. The UV-C light is germicidal in nature i.e., it destroys the DNA of the bacteria, viruses, and fungi and prevents them from multiplying, thereby preventing spread of infections in health care set-ups. These lamps use the wavelength of 100 nm to 280 nm on the electromagnetic spectrum.
- This method is used as complementary method to improve the disinfection after other disinfection methods have been used for decontamination of the medical devices, equipment, and surfaces.
- UV light disinfection has several advantages over other methods. These systems sanitize all the surfaces in a room at once, achieve desired levels of disinfection, require least manpower, and prevent the usage of harmful and hazardous chemicals
- There are two primary types of UV light disinfection systems: mercury UV-bulbs that emit continuous dose of UV-C light and pulsed xenon ultraviolet devices
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
UV Light Disinfection Systems Market: Key Drivers
- The global UV light disinfection systems market is projected to be driven by high prevalence and increase in incidence rates of hospital-acquired infections across the globe
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), every year, more than 1.7 million hospitalized patients acquire health care-associated infections and around 98,000 patients succumb to it.
- Rise in burden on health care facilities to reduce the number of health care-associated infections and rise in demand for effective & safety disinfection technologies are the major factors anticipated to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period
- Moreover, rise in the number of hospitalizations due to various chronic and acute disorders, increase in the geriatric population in developed countries, and surge in number of hospitals & health care institutions across the globe are expected to contribute to growth of the global market during the forecast period
- However, high cost of UV light disinfection systems is likely to hamper the growth of global UV light disinfection systems market
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Portable Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of product, the global UV light disinfection systems market can be classified into standalone, portable, wall-mounted, and compact. The portable segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Portable UV light systems can be easily transferred from one ward to other wards. Hence, these systems have significant demand in large health care institutions.
- Comparatively large volume of portable UV light disinfection systems, low cost, and easy availability are factors anticipated to fuel the growth of the segment during the forecast period
Pulsed Xenon to be Attractive Segment
- Based on light source, the global market can be bifurcated into pulsed xenon and mercury. Pulsed xenon is expected to be a highly attractive segment during the forecast period.
- Mercury UV systems use low-pressure gas bulbs that emit narrow band of the UV-C spectrum at wavelength of 254 nm. Xenon UV systems use xenon lamps and emit light at variable wavelengths ranging from 200 nm to 320 nm. It emits light in both UV-B and UV-C spectrums.
Automatic Systems to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of type, the global market can be categorized into automatic, semiautomatic, and analog. The automatic segment is likely to present significant opportunities for new players planning to enter the market.
Hospitals to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on end-user, the global UV light disinfection systems market can be divided into hospitals & ambulatory surgery centers, clinics, academic & research institutes, and biopharma & medical device industries. The hospitals segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Comparatively large number of hospitals, increase in hospitalizations due to various chronic as well as acute medical disorders, and surge in number of new hospitals in emerging countries such as Brazil, Mexico, India, and China are attributed to the segment’s dominance during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific UV Light Disinfection Systems Market to Grow at Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global UV light disinfection systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. Well-established health care infrastructure, high health care funding, rise in number of hospitalizations, and large base of UV light disinfection device manufacturers are attributed to the region’s dominance during the forecast period.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has estimated that by the mid of July 2020, there will be around 1,000 to 15,000 new COVID-19 hospitalizations per day in the U.S.
- The UV light disinfection systems market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. Rapid growth of the market in the region is attributed to increase in number of hospitals & ambulatory surgery centers, improving health care infrastructure, and high prevalence of hospital-acquired infections in China and India.
- High growth rate of the health care industry, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading players in Asia Pacific are likely to fuel the growth of the market in Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Global UV Light Disinfection Systems Market
- The global UV light disinfection systems market is consolidated, with small number of global players holding majority market share. Key players operating in the global UV disinfection systems market are:
- Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation
- American Ultraviolet
- Tru-D SmartUVC
- UVDI (UltraViolet Devices, Inc.)
- HEPACART, Inc.
- XENEX Disinfection Systems
- UVC SOLUTIONS d.o.o.
- Light Progress s.r.l.
- Shanghai Huifeng Medical Instrument Co., Ltd.
- SciCan, Inc.
Global UV Light Disinfection Systems Market: Research Scope
Global UV Light Disinfection Systems Market, by Product
Global UV Light Disinfection Systems Market, by Light Source
- Pulsed Xenon
Global UV Light Disinfection Systems Market, by Type
- Automatic Systems
- Semiautomatic Systems
- Analog Systems
Global UV Light Disinfection Systems Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Biopharma & Medical Device Industries
Global UV Light Disinfection Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.