USB Charger Market
USB Charger Market (Product Type: USB Type A, USB Type B, and USB Type C (With PD, and Without PD); Charger Type: Wall Charger (Type C and Type A), Portable Power Banks/Docking System/ Alarm Clock (Type C and Type A), and Car Charger (Type C and Type A); Port: One, Two, Three, Four, and Others; Power: 30W – 45W, 45W – 60W, 60W – 75W, and Above 75W; Application: Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop, Desktop, and Others (Speaker, Camera etc.); Distribution Channel: Online and Offline (Organized and Unorganized); Multi-Port: Multi-Port with Fixed Power and Multi-Port with Fluctuation Power (Same Port With Fluctuation Power and Different Port With Fluctuation Power)) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
USB Charger – The Introduction
As technology continues to deliver real value and create a profound impact, the use of electronic devices and gadgets is growing by leaps and bounds. Since the march toward 'uninterrupted connectivity' started picking up pace in the electronic gadgets & devices space, USB chargers started falling into the category of essential ancillaries nourishing the performances of these devices. Though the dawning of 'wireless charging', such as inductive and radio, might bring in multiple challenges for USB-enabled standards, the demand for USB chargers is likely to continue showing stronger ascendancy through to 2027.
Transparency Market Research, in its new research study, lays bare persuasive intelligence and insights into the evolving landscape of the USB charger market for readers to develop a deeper understanding of the market behavior in 2019 and beyond.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our report brochure here
USB Chargers - Decoding the Evolution & Future Growth
USB chargers have experienced a prolonged and winding road of evolution and adoption. Revenue from the USB charger market closed in on a valuation of over US$ 29 Bn in 2018. A dramatic rise in the demand for fast-charging solutions is poised to get even more intense in the USB charger market in due course, which will act as a harbinger signaling the influx of new product innovations and developments. Regardless of whichever path the wheel of technology will board on, USB chargers will continue to be one of the key imperatives nourishing the effective operationality of electronic devices.
Brands are largely relying on strong distribution channels, such as multi-brand distributors and mobile accessory retailers, to capture wider target audience segments. With online retail emerging as a force to reckon with across emerging economies, USB charger brands are concentrating on different ways to expand their online presence while becoming more agile and responsive. Analyzing the market progression and unceasing growth, Transparency Market Research (TMR) estimates the USB charger market revenue to cross US$ 30 Bn in 2019.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a PDF sample here
Disruptive Trends Shaping the Future of USB Charger Adoption
The USB type C charger is emerging as a golden standard for quick charging and the simultaneous transfer of video and data. With USB type C interfaces making their way into multiple gadgets, including smartphones, laptops, automobiles, and others, manufacturers are endeavoring to launch new USB type C charger models with advanced functionalities. Also, the USB charger market is seeing a transition to multi-port variants, for the added convenience of charging multiple devices at one go.
The demand for portable chargers is an overriding trend in the USB charger market, as customers are increasingly seeking portable chargers to replenish their smartphone batteries. Customer preference for retractable USB chargers to serve devices with different interfaces is also on an upswing, as consumers are willing to invest in multi-purpose USB chargers with exceptional compatibility. Unparalleled ease of usage will continue to be at the top of the customer priority list, and this is also likely to encourage suppliers to focus more on design optimization.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Manufacturers’ Winning Strategies to Unlock Profits
In a bid to effectively respond to the ever-evolving market dynamics, companies in the USB charger market are focusing on realigning their strategies. Manufacturers are focusing on making their innovation processes highly agile, which will also help them gain a wide range of perspectives to enrich their 'innovation gene pool'. For instance, Chinese smartphone giant Meizu claims that, its 'Super mCharge' technology, which was officially launched in 2018, can seamlessly recharge batteries in as little as 20 minutes.
Analyzing the demand for fast charging speeds and high charging efficiency, manufacturers are launching their own type C charger models with advanced features. For instance, Huntkey, a leading power solution provider, is developing a new model of portable 90W type C for overseas markets. Apart from superlative charging efficiency and best-in-class quality, the portable design is a key USP of this new product launch by Huntkey. In addition, manufacturers are also working on offering space-efficient and heat-resistant designs of USB chargers, with the sole objective of scaling up their product positioning. Companies in the USB charger market are also investing in supplier-retailer relationships that go beyond ‘day-to-day’ business transactions, and promise long-term profitability for both the parties.
A Breakdown of the Competitive Landscape
The structure of the global USB charger market will continue to reflect duality. In a majority of the regions, the market remains fairly consolidated, with well-established players catering to customer demands. However, in case of mass markets where price dictates customer decision-making even more than quality, the markets continue to be fragmented with the widespread presence of regional manufacturers.
Some of the frontrunners in the USB charger market include Anker Technology Ltd., Mophie Inc., EasyAcc.com Inc., Cyber Power Systems, Inc., and AT&T Inc. While leading players command a considerable pie of the global market share, the market is estimated to see the entry of new entrants, since the entry barriers to this market remain substantially low.
The authors of this report stay optimistic regarding the outlook of the USB charger market in 2019 and beyond. Considering the veritable proliferation of electronic devices and gadgets across the globe, profound adoption of USB chargers of varying configurations and designs remains undeniable during the assessment timeline. USB type C chargers are likely to emerge as the unified connectivity standard of the future, simply due to the fact that, type C will not only support the requirements from higher speed peripherals but also enable futuristic extensions in functionality and performance. Trailblazers of the USB charger market who will pioneer new customer-centric technologies and innovations will continue to gain competitive advantages over their rivals. The authors of this research study opine that, instead of just focusing on product development, key players will also have to weave positive customer experiences in their offerings to gain notable shelf space in the USB charger market.
USB Charger: Definition/Overview
- A USB charger is used to charge various devices such as mobiles and tablets with different types of USB ports, mainly type A, type B, and type C, which are commonly used by the residential and commercial sectors.
- The popularity of the type C charger is rising in the USB charger market due to the launch of advanced products with power delivery functions. The different types of USB chargers are USB wall chargers, USB car chargers, and portable power banks/docking systems/alarm clocks.
- Furthermore, type C is available with the PD and without the PD functionality. Increase in the demand for type C for device charging in order to cater to the demand for a fast charging facility is driving the USB charger market.
- Additionally, USB power delivery augments the basic USB charging speeds for up to 100W of output power. The amount of available power is split into different power ratings, which operates at different voltages.
- Consumers majorly prefer portable power banks/docking systems/alarm clocks or wall USB chargers due to easy availability and easy to use while traveling.
Global USB Charger Market: Regional Overview
- The Asia Pacific USB charger market is likely to be a very attractive region in the global USB charger market during the forecast period, due to the high adoption of USB chargers. Manufacturers are keen on entering the Asia Pacific USB charger market in order to grab a significant market share in the global USB charger market.
- After Asia Pacific, North America and Europe are key regions in the global USB charger market, due to the increased demand for smartphones, high demand for the latest technology, and changing lifestyles of people living in urban areas in the region. Preferences for device charging among consumers in these regions have been changing in the last few years, moving from non-portable to portable charging, which is a key factor driving the USB charger markets in these regions.
- As compared to other regions, the Middle East & Africa and South America USB charger markets are expected to experience slower growth rates during the forecast period.
Global USB Charger Market: Trends
- Versatile USB chargers have one USB-C port rated 3A, and three USB-A ports rated 2.4A each. Also, chargers with multiple powers from two ports with different power levels prove to be a beneficial product for consumers. Moreover, the USB type C charger, with a fast charging facility, is in huge demand, which is surging the overall demand for USB chargers.
Global USB Charger Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- USB chargers have gained immense popularity across the globe, due to the high usage and availability of numerous products that require USBs for charging.
- The rising demand for enhanced functionality in smartphones requires high battery power to support various functions throughout the day. Feature-sets, sensors, and processing are hampered with the standard battery power capacity of smartphones, currently surviving barely above 1500 mAh.
- Companies are launching smartphones with superior features such as camera efficiency, Internet-based applications, and social networking, which require continuous Internet access such as 4G, LTE, and Wi-Fi that consume more battery power, resulting in insufficient battery power or storage capacity in the smartphone.
- Furthermore, the demand for wireless charging, owing to a rise in the preference by smartphone users, is expected to rise during the forecast period.
- The high rate of adoption of wireless processing devices, such as smartphones and tablets, is projected to drive the demand for wireless charging devices. These devices help charge whenever and wherever required, thereby eliminating the need for mobile chargers, which, in turn, is expected to boost the USB charger market during the forecast period.
- However, the increasing adoption of counterfeit and forged products is anticipated to restrain the USB charger market during the forecast period.
- According to the Electrical Safety First Organization, 98% counterfeit and forged chargers have the potential to cause harmful electric shocks and damage the devices due to overheating or charging issues, and this is expected to hamper the USB charger market during the forecast period.
Global USB Charger Market: Key Market Segments
The global USB charger market has been segmented based on product type, charger type, port, power, application, distribution channel, and region.
- Product Type:
- In terms of product type, the USB charger market has been segmented into USB type A, USB type B, and USB type C. The USB type C segment has been further divided into with PD and without PD.
- Charger Type:
- In terms of charger type, the USB charger market has been classified into wall chargers, portable power banks/docking systems/ alarm clocks, and car chargers. Additionally, the wall chargers segment has been sub-segmented into type C and type A. The portable power banks/docking systems/ alarm clocks segment has been further split into type C and type A. Also, the car chargers segment has been further bifurcated into type C and type A.
- In terms of port, the USB charger market has been classified into one, two, three, four, and others.
- In terms of power, the USB charger market has been divided into 30W – 45W, 45W – 60W, 60W – 75W, and above 75W.
- In terms of application, the USB charger market has been split into smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktops, and others (speakers, cameras, etc.).
- Distribution Channel:
- In terms of distribution channel, the USB charger market has been bifurcated into online and offline. The offline segment has been further sub-segmented into organized and unorganized.
- Based on region, the global USB charger market is classified into North America (U.S, Canada, and the Rest of North America), Europe (U.K, France, Germany, and the Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (India, China, Japan, and the Rest of Asia Pacific), the Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa, and the Rest Of Middle East & Africa), and South America (Argentina, Brazil, and the Rest Of South America).
Global USB Charger Market: Competition Landscape
Established manufacturers operating in the global USB charger market are facing intense competition, owing to various local players operating in the USB charger market who sell USB chargers at significantly low prices. Market players often use price/quality characteristics to position their brands. Players are offering free shipping and discounts on USB chargers in order to consolidate their positions in the USB charger market. Major players operating in the global USB charger market include AT&T Inc., Bello Digital, Cyber Power Systems, Inc., Eaton Corporation Plc., E-Filliate, Goal Zero, Insignia, Just Wireless, Kaijet Technology International Limited, Inc. (J5 Create), Mizco International Inc. (Tough Tested), Monster Store, MyCharge, Native Union, Prime Wire & Cable, Inc., Anker Technology Co. Limited, RavPower, AUKEY, Mophie, Inc., EasyAcc.com, Inc., Maxell Holdings, Ltd., and GP Batteries International Ltd.
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a recent research report on the USB charger market for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027, wherein, the market was analyzed, and latent opportunities in the marketplace have been comprehensively evaluated. The research report on the USB charger market offers a detailed analysis of the dynamics, including the trends, opportunities, drivers, and challenges that are predominantly responsible for molding the global market growth. Apart from the above-mentioned factors, the research report on the USB charger market also talks about all the notable developments and futuristic scope for innovation by market players in the USB charger market.
The research report on the USB charger market also offers a deep dive into the market segmentation - product type, charger type, port, power, application, and distribution channel. In addition, the research study on the USB charger market also examines the details of various macro- and micro-economic factors that are estimated to have a broader impact on the revenue potential of the USB charger market over the assessment period.
The USB charger market research study by TMR also offers a lucid picture of the competitive dynamics, wherein, market players of various statures and their profiles have been discussed in detail. The competitive landscape tells the reader about the key focus of manufacturers, their regional footprint, their key product launches, and their differential strategies.
The research study on the USB charger market renders a regional analysis, wherein, every region has been analyzed in detail. The regions include-
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South America
USB Charger Market - Key Questions Answered
The report on the USB charger market addresses key questions that will help readers get a panoramic view of the evolution of the USB charger market through to 2027. Some of the key questions addressed and answered in the research study on the USB charger market include-
- How will the global USB charger market perform over the next 8 years?
- How will the USB charger market perform by region?
- Who are the leading suppliers of USB chargers and what are their differential strategies?
- How will the average selling price (ASP) of USB chargers change in the next 8 years?
- What are the key product level trends expected in the USB charger market over the forecast period?
- What are the market level trends that will have a major impact on the growth of the USB charger market?
The report on the USB charger market banks on a meticulous research methodology, wherein, both, demand side and supply side approaches have been taken into consideration to finalize the total market size.
In the primary phase of the overall research methodology for the USB charger market, sales managers, online retailers, CEOs, mobile accessory retailers, and electronic manufacturing companies were contacted to garner actionable insights on the USB charger market.
In the secondary phase of research methodology for the USB charger market, prominent sources such as the USB Implementers Forum, Inc., Mobile Marketing Association, Inc., THE MOBILE ASSOCIATION, and Consumer Technology Association were referred to, to garner groundbreaking insights on the global USB charger market.
Some of the key players profiled in the report include-
- AT&T Inc.
- Bello Digital
- Cyber Power Systems, Inc.
- Eaton Corporation Plc.
- Goal Zero
- Just Wireless
- Kaijet Technology International Limited, Inc.
- Mizco International Inc.
USB Charger Market – Detailed Segmentation
The report on the USB charger market offers a detailed analysis of the market segmentation based on multiple segments such as product type, charger type, port, application, power, and distribution channel. The report offers both, historical and forecast market value and volume, so that aspiring players get a clear picture of the incremental opportunity that can leverage.
USB Type A
USB Type B
USB Type C
Portable Power Banks/Docking Systems/Alarm Clocks
30W – 45W
45W – 60W
60W – 75W