Sports Flooring Market
Sports Flooring Market (Product Type: PVC Flooring, Wood Flooring, Polyurethane Flooring, Rubber Flooring, Polypropylene Flooring, Artificial Turf Flooring, and Others; Application Outdoor and Indoor; End Use: Commercial and Residential; and Sports: Track & Field, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Tennis, Gym, Dance & Aerobic Studio, and Others) - U.S. Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Chemicals & Materials
- 77 Pages
Growing Sports Trends, Activities Create Opportunities for Adequate Flooring
The world of athletics is very diverse with many different types of sports being played on the different types of surfaces used for each sport. All sports are physically demanding for athletes and like any physical activity, injuries are always a concern. One of the most effective ways to prevent sports injuries is to ensure that athletes are playing on the right type of sports flooring and surfaces both indoors and outdoors. Sports flooring types are made with special care to provide shock absorption as well as a suitable surface for each sport. The growing awareness for such potential incidence is expected to driving the sports flooring market in the U.S.
Sports flooring are made from the substance such as vinyl, linoleum, rubber, polymer, and wood. These flooring materials are fit for both indoor and outdoor activities. Usually, they are in sheet form with a foam lining that produces an elastic or mixed elastic floor point. Additionally, most consumers prefer flooring with the capacity for shock absorption, withstanding the rolling load, and resist slipping. The flooring materials cover all the things, making themselves a sustainable choice leading to the surge in demand in various applications. They are highly utilized in residential and commercial buildings in the U.S. This factor is expected to drive the U.S. sports flooring market.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Canceled Sporting Activities, Strict Lockdowns Hampered Sports Flooring Market Growth in U.S.
As the coronavirus spread in the U.S. and other parts of the world, various measures were implemented in the sports industry to protect the health of athletes, spectators, and all others involved. Due to the ongoing pandemic, a rising number of major sporting events and matches have been suspended or canceled. Every element of sport has been affected, from sports activities to sporting goods, flooring, sports retail, hospitality, and media coverage. Companies operating in the sports flooring market saw their market valuations fall in the early months of the pandemic. However, they managed to outperform the wider market as the year progressed, with sports equipment makers doing especially well.
Manufacturers in the sports flooring market were impacted with varying degrees depending on how accessible they were in the lockdown environment. Outdoor individual sports flooring and indoor courts both saw decreased participation. They struggled due to the postponement or cancellation of major sporting events. However, to win in the new environment, the industry needs to adapt both its customer proposition and its operational capabilities. Moreover, with the trending Tokyo Olympics 2020, participation in sporting activities is expected to rise, proving propitious for the U.S. sports flooring market.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Improvements in Sports Facilities in U.S. Create Several New Opportunities
The growing demand for gyms and sports in the U.S. is expected to drive the sports flooring market in the country. In addition, increasing inclination toward outdoor and indoor sports and surge in the number of the health-conscious population are propelling the product demand. Moreover, the introduction of new sports floors with new materials and the rise in the number of sports enthusiasts are anticipated to contribute to the rising demand. Furthermore, growing investments in research and development activities with rising infrastructure development are surging the demand for gymnasiums. Owing to these factors, the market is expected to boost the need for sports flooring and help to improve the demand rate for the sports flooring market during the forecast period.
The U.S. sports flooring market is expected to reach the valuation of US$ 5.8 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Sports Flooring Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Extreme weather conditions in the U.S. have fueled the demand for sports flooring in the indoor application segment. Government and private sports clubs in the U.S. are investing significantly in indoor sports complexes. Moreover, growth in public awareness about the connection between physical activity and health is majorly contributing to the growth of the sports flooring market in the U.S.
U.S. Sports Flooring Market: Overview
- Sports flooring is manufactured with special care in order to provide shock absorption as well as a suitable surface for each sport. Sports flooring can be used for indoor as well as outdoor sports activities. There are several types of sports floorings such as PVC flooring, wood flooring, polyurethane flooring, rubber flooring, polypropylene flooring, and artificial turf flooring.
- Based on product type, the U.S. sports flooring market has been segmented into PVC flooring, wood flooring, polyurethane flooring, rubber flooring, polypropylene flooring, artificial turf flooring, and others. Artificial turf flooring is expected to dominate the U.S. sports flooring market during the forecast period.
- Based on application, the U.S. sports flooring market has been divided into outdoor and indoor. Sports such as baseball, football, soccer, lacrosse, and tennis are played outdoors. Flooring used in these sports activities must be durable enough to withstand adverse weather conditions. It should also continue to provide traction and shock absorbency features. Various sports are played indoors including basketball, volleyball, wrestling, and tennis. Wood, rubber, PVC, polyurethane, and polypropylene are primarily used in indoor applications. Outdoor was the leading application segment of the U.S. sports flooring market in 2020.
- Sports flooring is also used in end uses such as commercial and residential. The commercial segment includes schools, community centers, resorts, sports clubs, government sports facilities, and recreational facilities. Residential sports flooring is used in residential facilities. This type of flooring is installed for sports activities such as basketball, volleyball, badminton, tennis, and private gyms.
- Artificial turf, polyurethane, polypropylene, PVC, and rubber and synthetic sports flooring are used in the track & field segment. Artificial turf is primarily employed in the football segment of the sports flooring market. Sometimes, vinyl flooring is also used for indoor football. Wood flooring or acrylic flooring are the two major types of basketball courts. Wood flooring is commonly used in indoor play areas, while acrylic flooring is mostly used in outdoor basketball courts. Volleyball court floor is primarily made up of wood or synthetic flooring. A small percentage of volleyball floors is made up of plastic, vinyl, or rubber surfaces. Polyurethane and PVC are common floorings used in badminton courts. Wood and acrylic flooring are also used in badminton courts. Acrylic, synthetic, PVC, polyurethane, and polypropylene floorings are used in tennis courts. Various floorings are used in gym, dance, and aerobic studios. These include wood, PVC, polyurethane, rubber, polypropylene, synthetic, and acrylic. The others segment comprises sports such as cycling, table tennis, and boxing, bowling, squash, kabaddi, and wrestling.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the U.S. sports flooring market for the historical year of 2020 and the forecast period from 2021 to 2031, rise in urbanization and industrialization, and increase in investment in sports infrastructure are key factors that are expected to boost the U.S. sports flooring market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the U.S. sports flooring market is estimated to reach US$ 5.8 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period
Increase in Number of Gyms, Personal Fitness Centers: Key Driver of U.S. Sports Flooring Market
- According to the survey conducted by Statista, the number of health clubs and fitness centers in the U.S. stood at 34,460 in 2014. The number of health clubs and fitness centers in the U.S. increased to 41,370 in 2019. Thus, there has been a rise of 20.5% in the number of gym and personal fitness centers in the U.S. from 2014 to 2019.
- Rise in awareness about fitness is encouraging people to spend more on fitness-related activities such as gym, yoga centers, and dance studios. Changing lifestyle, changes in eating habits, and increasing health awareness among the people are key factors for the rise in number of gym and personal fitness centers in the U.S.
- Sports flooring is also used in personal activity centers. Increase in number of gyms, yoga centers, and Zumba and dance studios is expected to boost the demand for sports flooring in the U.S. in the near future.
Growth in Usage of Artificial Turf Flooring in U.S.
- In terms of value, the artificial turf flooring product type segment held a dominant share of the U.S. sports flooring market in 2020. Wood flooring, rubber flooring, polyurethane flooring, and others are anticipated to be rapidly expanding product type segments during the forecast period.
- The artificial turf flooring segment is anticipated to continue its dominance in the U.S. sports flooring market during the forecast period. The segment is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for Sports Flooring in Commercial Set-up
- In terms of end use, the commercial segment dominated the U.S. sports flooring market in 2020. It is likely to continue its dominance in the near future. The segment was valued at US$ 11 Bn in 2019 and is expected to create an incremental opportunity of US$ 7 Bn during the forecast period.
- The commercial segment is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period. There has been a rise in investment in commercial centers such as gym, sports clubs, government sports facilities, community centers, and recreational activity centers in the U.S. over the past few years. These facilities need higher amount of sports flooring than that used in the residential segment. Thus, the commercial segment is anticipated to drive the market in the near future.
Increase in Usage of Sports Flooring in Outdoor Application
- In terms of value, the outdoor application segment dominated the U.S. sports flooring market in 2020. The outdoor segment is anticipated to continue its dominance in the U.S. sports flooring market during the forecast period.
U.S. Sports Flooring Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of sports flooring have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the U.S. sports flooring market are
- LG Hausys Ltd.
- Bauwerk Boen Group
- Mats Inc.
- SnapSports Athletic Surfaces
- Conica AG
- Aacer Flooring, LLC
- Kiefer USA
- Flexcourt Athletics
- KLIKFLEX Flooring
- Rephouse Ltd
- Flexcourt Athletics
- In the U.S. sports flooring market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of sports flooring. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the U.S. sports flooring market.
U.S. Sports Flooring Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the U.S. sports flooring market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the U.S. sports flooring market so as to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the U.S. sports flooring market would expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the U.S. sports flooring market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the U.S. sports flooring market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the U.S. sports flooring market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (million square meters).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the U.S. sports flooring market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the U.S. sports flooring, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on U.S. Sports Flooring Market
The report provides detailed information about the U.S. sports flooring market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the U.S. market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the U.S. sports flooring market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the U.S. sports flooring market would emerge as major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues out of advantages of sports flooring?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the U.S. sports flooring market between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the U.S. sports flooring market?
- Which product type segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the U.S. sports flooring market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the U.S. sports flooring market?
Research Methodology – U.S. Sports Flooring Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the U.S. sports flooring market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the U.S. sports flooring market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the U.S. sports flooring market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the U.S. sports flooring market.
U.S. Sports Flooring Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the U.S. sports flooring market in terms of product type, application, end use, and sports. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects for the U.S. sports flooring market.