U.S. Engineered Quartz Surface Market
U.S. Engineered Quartz Surface Market (Application: Flooring, Walls, Countertops, Door Jambs, Window Sills, and Others) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Dwelling of Disinfectants over Countertops Necessary for Inactivating Coronavirus
The entire world is in panic due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Similarly, people have become more conscious about their cleaning and hygiene practices for their countertops and other surfaces to prevent the exposure toward coronavirus. Several questions about how long coronavirus survives on quartz surfaces are arising. Hence, manufacturers in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market are spreading increasing awareness about precautionary measures to effectively clean surfaces with disinfectant liquids to inhibit infection growth.
It is still arguable whether COVID-19 spreads by touching a contaminated stone countertop. Companies in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market are educating individuals to use disinfectants with high ethanol content to effectively inactivate the coronavirus particles. They are recommending the disinfectant to dwell over quartz countertops for some time before wiping away the liquid to effectively kill the virus.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the U.S. Engineered Quartz Surface Market
Engineered Quartz Countertops Boast about Lifetime Warranty and Low Maintenance
Individuals these days have become very conscious about the materials used in the interior designing of their homes. This has led to the popularity of engineered quartz surfaces that are low maintenance and need not be sealed after installation. Hence, companies in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market are capitalizing on the popularity of quartz and tapping incremental opportunities in the interior designing sector. For instance, the U.S.-based Cambria company manufactures all its products in an environment-friendly way and guarantees lifetime warranty for its quartz countertops.
Engineered quartz can be susceptible to heat but in many cases need trivet to prevent countertops from hot pots and pans. Manufacturers in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market are developing countertops that mimic the aesthetics of natural stone. In order to gain global recognition, manufacturers are adopting safe and environmental-responsible business practices.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Quartz versus Granite: Which is better?
Both engineered quartz and granite are equally strong but quartz is more flexible than granite, which makes the former less likely to chip or crack. However, granite costs much less than engineered quartz but requires sealer in a periodic manner to maintain its durability. Since quartz is non-porous, it does not require sealing and provides a maintenance-free kitchen work surface for users. Hence, manufacturers in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market are increasing the availability of countertops that are stain-resistant to boost their uptake in the market.
Home improvement TV shows and real estate agents are always in the pry to introduce new materials in interior designing. This has led to the popularity of engineered quartz surfaces that are increasingly replacing granite. Manufacturers in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market are boosting their production levels, since customers consider quartz materials to be more sustainable as compared to granite.
Companies Increase R&D Expenditure to Broaden Product Portfolio in Surface Décor
Latest innovations in surface décor are generating value-grab opportunities for companies in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market. As such, the market is predicted to reach the value of US$ 10.3 Bn by the end of 2030. Manufacturers are increasing their focus to produce premium-quality engineered quartz slabs and create dedicated brands for the same to bolster sales. They are adopting eco-friendly practices for production, since quartz is susceptible to VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emission. In order to achieve this, manufacturers are increasing their research expenditure to gain insights about modern production technologies and analyze its application potential.
Companies in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market are increasing their production capacities to meet the needs of the domestic as well as global markets. Their R&D teams are travelling in several countries to help manufacturers develop a contemporary range of engineered quartz surfaces whilst accentuating the aesthetics.
Minimum Dust Accumulation and Color Consistency Highly Preferred by Interior Designers
Apart from countertops, companies in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market are also exploring business opportunities in flooring applications. Engineered quartz offers the freedom to innovate in new designs for flooring. It advantageous attributes of stain-resistance and resistance to scratches and cracks are being highly preferred by interior designers. Since granite has become an old concept in home décor, individuals prefer engineered quartz to other materials for flooring. Minimal maintenance of engineered quartz results in cost savings for individuals.
Residential and even commercial establishments are now turning toward engineered quartz to give a seamless look to the floor and ensure proper hygiene in buildings. Manufacturers in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market are developing high-quality quartz, since it caters to minimum dust/dirt accumulation on seams. Quartz also helps to offer color consistency in wall claddings.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on U.S. Engineered Quartz Surface Market
High Shipping and Installation Costs of Natural Stone Boost Popularity of Engineered Quartz
Engineered quartz is one of the most common manufactured products in the manmade stone segment. Manmade quartz is much cheaper as compared to natural stone materials. Since natural stone supply is currently suffering, the cost of natural stone can be further aggravated due to additional shipping costs as per the distance of quarries from the market. In this way, manufacturers in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market are at an advantage when it comes to competition with natural stone products. Moreover, surface treatment and installation costs for natural stone is higher than that of engineered quartz.
Manmade quartz is being highly publicized for interior applications such as cabinet tops, door jambs, and for window sills. Quartz has become a fitting choice in bathrooms, wall backsplash, and vanity top applications. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to boost the availability of engineered quartz in different colors, patterns, and styles to mimic the aesthetics of natural stone products.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, manmade stone manufacturers are educating customers about various disinfection techniques to avoid exposure to the infection through contaminated surfaces. High cost of shipping and installation of natural stone products has led to increased uptake of engineered quartz products. However, exposure to silica in engineered quartz can lead to issues of lung transplant and increased mortality rate in workers. Hence, companies in the U.S. engineered quartz surface market should abide with regulations given by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to avoid adverse events in workers. Companies should adopt environment-responsible production practices to reduce VOC emissions in the environment.
Engineered Quartz Surface: Overview
- Engineered quartz surface is a strong, durable, designer‐friendly, versatile, and low maintenance material. Thus, engineered quartz surface is an ideal material for kitchen. It is also used in other relevant applications in flooring, stairs and walls.
- Engineered quartz surface is composed of approximately 93% quartz particles and 7% binding resins and additives. As a raw material, quartz is crystallized silicon dioxide (SiO2), which is usually white or transparent in color. It can also be found in various other shades if comes in contact with natural impurities during formation. It is found either in a pure state or present in other compounds. Quartz is used to make a wide range of products, outside the realm of engineered quartz surfaces, due to its hardness and resistance to acids.
- Engineered quartz surface uses a scientifically calibrated mix of natural substances such as quartz grains with resins to create non-porous, super-strong materials that can be developed in different colors, patterns, textures, and finishes
- Engineered quartz surface has become a highly popular choice for modern kitchens and bath spaces in residential and commercial projects across the globe
- Engineered quartz surface for countertops are proprietary blends of quartz and resin that are fabricated into slabs. These can then be cut to desired sizes. Quartz is a hard material; thus, engineered quartz surface is also a highly durable material. Engineered quartz surface is ideal for usage in modern living.
- Most engineered quartz surfaces are known by their brand names such as Maestro, Cambria, Caesarstone, and Silestone
Key Growth Drivers of U.S. Engineered Quartz Surface Market
- The construction industry in the U.S. is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Residential construction in the country is anticipated to experience slow but stable growth in the near future.
- The engineering & construction (E&C) industry in the U.S. began on a positive note in 2020. Total construction spend in the first quarter of 2020 grew nearly 5% above that during the same period in 2019. However, companies started to gauge the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the industry toward the end of Q1 2020. Thus, confidence among construction industry leaders in the U.S. has plummeted of late.
- According to the Global Powers of Construction (GPoC), 13 leading construction companies operated in the U.S. as of 2019. Their sales stood at US$ 130,197 Mn, accounting for 9% of the total sales of GPoC, in the year.
- Thus, growth in the building & construction boosted the demand for engineered quartz surface in the U.S.
Major Applications for U.S. Engineered Quartz Surface Market
- Based on application, the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. has been segmented into flooring, walls, countertops, door jambs, window sills, and others. The engineered quartz surface market provides services to commercial and residential consumers; and reacts in tandem with the building market in the U.S., both in the construction of new properties and renovation of existing properties.
- Engineered quartz countertops play an important role in kitchens. Engineered quartz surfaces must be strong, durable, clean, esthetically pleasing, and long lasting. Demand for engineered quartz surfaces is primarily dominated by renovation and remodeling of existing properties and construction of new properties. Majority of countertops are installed in residential settings in the U.S. Fluctuation in national and local economic conditions, unemployment levels, and demographic shifts influence the demand for engineered quartz surfaces in countertops applications.
Better Properties of Engineered Quartz Surfaces than Other Countertops in U.S. Market
- Various options are available for kitchen and bathroom countertop materials, ranging from cheap but low quality plastics and laminates to durable but expensive granite and marble counters. Granite and marble are more durable; however, they are costlier than plastics and laminates.
- Thus, engineered quartz surface is a good middle ground material to use for kitchen and bathroom counters. Engineered quartz surface is an ideal combination of high quality stone that is more durable, heat resistant, scratch resistant, and low maintenance countertop slab than its counterparts. The finished product does not typically have as many natural variables in the finish as marble or granite. Thus, it provides a more consistent tone throughout. The material also does not require sealing and does not stain.
Leading Players in U.S. Engineered Quartz Surface Market
- Major manufacturers operating in the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. include
- DuPont (Corian Quartz)
- Lexmar USA
- Caesarstone International
- LG Hausys
- USA Quartz
- Spectrum Quartz
- Granite Transformations
- IceStone LLC
- Cosentino S.A.
- Seieffe Corporation (Okite)
U.S. Engineered Quartz Surface Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. The study also identifies growth avenues for market stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. that can aid companies operating in the market in making strategic business decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the building & construction industry with respect to the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (million square feet) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S., along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating in the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S., wherein various market developments and growth strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on U.S. Engineered Quartz Surface Market
The report provides detailed information about the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S., which would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. between 2020 and 2030?
- What are winning imperatives of leading players operating in the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S.?
Research Methodology – U.S. Engineered Quartz Surface Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S.
U.S. Engineered Quartz Surface Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S. in terms of application and state. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different market segments and explains how they are influencing the engineered quartz surface market in the U.S.