Ursolic Acid Market
Ursolic Acid Market (Form: Powdered Extract and Liquid Extract; Product Type: 25% Ursolic Acid, 50% Ursolic Acid, 90% Ursolic Acid, 98% Ursolic Acid, and Others; and End Use: Food and Beverage, Nutraceuticals, Pharmaceuticals, and Cosmetics) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Molecular Modeling Approaches Help Develop Targeted Drugs for COVID-19
Phytochemical inhibitors such as ursolic acid, oleanolic acid, and carvacrol are being used in integrated molecular modeling approaches to combat the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in individuals. Since ursolic acid possesses antiviral, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties, pharmaceutical companies are using this therapeutic agent to control the viral replication of coronavirus in patients. Ursolic acid falls under the list of FDA (Food & Drug Administration)-approved antiviral compounds that can be used in supplements and capsules to inhibit the viral replication of COVID-19 in patients. However, there is still a scarcity of reports that validate the phytochemical function of ursolic acid, which is derived from antiviral herbs. This is expected to impact the expansion of the ursolic acid market.
Pharmaceutical companies in the ursolic acid market are increasing their research in molecular modeling approaches to target drug designs that can effectively treat COVID-19.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Ursolic Acid Market
Stearate-free Ursolic Acid Capsules Gain High Demand Due to Novelty in Nutrition Sector
The high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases in individuals has fueled the demand for ursolic acid capsules. Since individuals are aiming to achieve lean muscles, Labrada Nutrition - a manufacturer of dietary supplements is increasing its advertisement spending to fuel the uptake of its lean muscle optimizer ursolic acid capsules. Recent peer-reviewed and published studies are boosting the credibility credentials of companies in the ursolic acid market who are increasing their production capabilities to develop ursolic acid capsules.
Companies in the ursolic acid market are exploring opportunities in packaging options such as increasing the availability of ursolic acid capsules in glass bottles. There is a growing demand for stearate-free ursolic acid capsules that support the development of lean muscles. This newly discovered substance is creating novelty in the health & nutrition sector.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Ursolic Acid Supplements Used for Muscle Mass Gain and Fat Reduction
Ursolic acid appears to be a promising body recomposition agent. This has led to the popularity of ursolic acid supplements and capsules being used by individuals to increase muscle mass and decrease fat mass. Thus, health-conscious individuals are joining the bandwagon of weight loss and increasingly opting for ursolic acid supplements. As such, the ursolic acid market is projected to reach US$ 16.8 Mn by the end of 2030.
Apart from common individuals, athletes are another promising target audience for ursolic acid supplements. The ursolic acid supplements are being highly publicized for reducing fat accumulation and increasing muscle mass gain when in a fed state. Manufacturers in the ursolic acid market are broadening their revenue streams through e-Commerce platforms to capitalize on revenue opportunities.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Ursolic Acid Market
Researchers Increase Scope for Experiments in Plant-derived Biologically Active Products
Ursolic acid displays efficacious therapeutic potentials. However, there is a need for more evidence to sufficiently prove the credibility of ursolic acid powder and supplement products. Researchers at South Korea’s Inha University and Inje University suggest that the exact mechanisms of ursolic acid’s health benefits are still unclear. However, ursolic acid’s health benefits for the brain, liver, heart, and muscles outweigh its lack of evidence for product development. As such, the ursolic acid market is predicted to expand at a healthy CAGR of 7.5% throughout the forecast period.
Many researchers claim that ursolic acid aids in the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases. The awareness about plant-derived biologically active products is surging in the ursolic acid market. This has helped to treat chronic diseases such as obesity, cancer, diabetes, and liver diseases.
Nano-drug Delivery Systems Eliminate Issues of Poor Water Solubility in Clinical Applications
The evolution from small molecule to nano-drug delivery systems is transforming the ursolic acid market. Nano-drug delivery systems are a novel approach toward cancer therapy. Since cancer is a devastating condition, pharmaceutical companies are increasing their R&D capabilities to harness the advantages of ursolic acid extracts. The ursolic acid is gaining much attention in the ursolic acid market, owing to its superior therapeutic actions and fewer adverse events in cancer therapy.
In addition, the high availability of ursolic acid in plants saves on production cost for pharmaceutical companies. This substance is gaining increased attention for its antimicrobial, anti-diabetic, and anti-inflammatory properties. Ursolic acid and its derivatives are being used to inhibit a series of cancer cell growth, thus validating its potential as a promising chemotherapeutic agent. Since poor water solubility and permeability of ursolic acid is greatly hindered in clinical applications, pharmaceutical companies are increasing their production capacities to construct nano-drug delivery systems.
Manufacturers Capitalize on Growing Juice Industrial Waste to Develop Bioactive Compounds
Apple waste is a byproduct of the juice industry. This raw material is cost-efficient and does not have a robust industrial utilization. Hence, companies in the ursolic acid market are capitalizing on this opportunity to accumulate large volumes of apple waste, since apple skin is a rich source of ursolic acid. Apart from apple, orange peels, rosemary, and thyme are rich in ursolic acid. In this way, pharmaceutical companies are tapping into opportunities in the juice industry to acquire readily available raw material as apple and other fruit waste.
The growing world population is another key driver for the growth of the ursolic acid market, as more food waste is generated. There is a need for the development of the agricultural business, which will help to increase the availability of bioactive compounds such as ursolic acid. Manufacturers are adopting innovative extraction techniques to take advantage of the growing industrial waste in the form of apple pomace and orange peels.
The recent identification of phytochemical inhibitors such as ursolic acid, oleanolic acid, and carvacrol is aiding the development of targeted drugs to combat COVID-19 in patients. Nano-drug delivery systems are creating incremental opportunities for companies in the ursolic acid market. However, companies need to abide by strict regulations laid down by the FDA in terms of approved materials used as nanocarriers. Thus, companies should adhere to the regulations to expedite the clinical transformation of ursolic acid-approved nano-drug delivery systems. Furthermore, anti-cancer effects of ursolic acid are gaining increased popularity and playing an instrumental role in the inhibition of cancer cell proliferation.
Ursolic Acid Market: Overview
- The global ursolic acid market is estimated to be valued at US$ 8.2 Mn in 2020 finds Transparency Market Research (TMR) in a recent study. According to the report, the ursolic acid market is anticipated to reach an incremental value of US$ 1.4 Mn during the forecast period registering a value CAGR of 7.5%.
- Ursolic acid market is primarily driven by its versatile properties. Increasing awareness regarding the benefits of ursolic acid among consumers is expected to fuel market growth in the near future. People have become health conscious, and are focusing on muscle growth and bone formation. Moreover, in cancer treatment, besides its chemo preventative properties, ursolic acid also shows decreased radio resistance in patients. Thus, the demand for ursolic acid is expected to grow significantly.
- Aging population and rising interest in preventative health have resulted in rise in sales of minerals, vitamins, and nutritional dietary supplements. Globally, people are focusing on good health. Consumers are increasingly demanding dietary supplements to fulfill their dietary requirements and prevent health-related issues. Over the last decade, sales of minerals, vitamins, and nutritional dietary supplements have surged and many new establishments have entered the space. The booming demand for dietary supplements is supporting the growth of the ursolic acid market.
Ursolic Acid: Market Frontrunners
- In terms of product type, the 50% ursolic acid segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period. The 98% ursolic acid segment is projected to have a large share of 42% of the ursolic acid market in 2020.
- Powdered extract ursolic acid ingredients are expected to witness high demand with the segment likely to progress at a CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period. Consumers are becoming cautious about raw materials and source of raw materials. Consumers prefer organic products without the addition of chemicals and additives due to which, the demand for powdered extract is growing rapidly.
- In terms of application, the demand from the nutraceutical sector is estimated to grow, with the nutraceuticals segment accounting for 46% of market share in 2020. The nutraceuticals segment is expected to be valued at US$ 3.8 Mn in 2020 and reach US$ 7.8 Mn by the end of 2030, at a CAGR of 7.5%.
- Among regions, East Asia is anticipated to account for the largest share of 28% of the ursolic acid market in 2020. Increasing demand for nutritional products from the sports nutrition industry and preference for natural ingredients is driving the ursolic acid market. The East Asia ursolic acid market is estimated to be US$ 2.3 Mn in 2020.
Ursolic Acid Market: Trends
- Consumers prefer natural and organic products, as they are becoming conscious about health and well-being. This will yield positive results for the market. Need for awareness has driven consumers to educate themselves about ingredients that are present in cosmetic products, medicines, and food. This has resulted in a shift toward products based on natural ingredients. The willingness of consumers to pay a premium price for natural products has changed market dynamics. Manufacturers of these products also want to maintain the trust of their consumers. Therefore, they are maintaining transparency in ingredients and production processes. Many manufacturers also specify the source of raw material, along with the region it was procured from.
- There is a rise in the demand for ursolic acid products. Thus, there has been an emergence of new players in the market. There are also many small-scale players concentrating more on innovation than the sale of their products. Leading manufacturers that have a large global presence are engaging in mergers and acquisitions with these small-scale companies to include their products for innovative product portfolios, and offer products of smaller companies a larger consumer base. Major players are also obtaining manufacturing plants to increase their production capacity.
Ursolic Acid Market: Strategies
- Key players are investing in research and development activities to produce unique ursolic acids products
- Key manufacturers of ursolic acids are focusing on acquisitions, mergers, and partnerships to expand their business and product portfolio
- Multinational companies in the ursolic acid market are concentrating on acquiring local and regional companies for easy availability of raw material as well as to strengthen their supply chain
- Companies are aiming at expanding their reach and launching products with proven health benefits
Target Region for Ursolic Acid Market
- Food safety and food security is a growing area of concern for consumers in East Asia, both at domestic level and internationally, due to food scandals. Hence, the traction of natural and healthy ingredients has increased in the past few years. The 98% ursolic acid accounts for 41% share of the ursolic acid market and is anticipated to grow at 6.6% CAGR during the forecast period. The market value of 98% ursolic acid in 2020 is estimated to be US$ 0.9 Mn.
- As the number of working women is increasing in East Asia, the consumption of ready-to-eat and convenience products is also rising. Consumers prefer products that are healthy and have functional benefits. Japan is an aging society with fewer children and therefore, ageing population supports the demand for healthy, natural, and functional ingredients in dietary supplements and pharmaceuticals. The ursolic acid market in Japan is expected to be US$ 1.5 Mn in 2020.
Ursolic Acid Market Players
- Key players operating in ursolic acid market, as profiled in the study, include -
- Vidya Europe SAS
- Sabinsa Corporation
- Kingherbs Limited
- BASF S.E.
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- Cayman Chemical Company, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Wilshire Technologies, Inc.
- ALB Technology Limited
- Vitiva d.d.
- Biosearch Life
- Hainan Super Biotech Co. Ltd., among others
Ursolic Acid Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has recently published a market study on the ursolic acid market. It provides a detailed assessment of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, opportunities & restraints, and detailed information about the ursolic acid market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the ursolic acid market will grow during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) have been elaborated in the study in a comprehensive manner. This information is intended to help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the ursolic acid market during the forecast period.
The study offers a holistic market overview to ursolic acid manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and investors, and to help them develop winning growth strategies. Stakeholders in the ursolic acid market, which include investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, and business researchers, can leverage the information and data presented in TMR’s study.
The study also includes statistics and facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting the expansion of the market. It also offers actionable insights into the future trends in the ursolic acid market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the ursolic acid market can make use of the information presented in this study, based on which, they can make appropriate business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Ursolic Acid Market Report
- Which region will continue to remain the most profitable regional market for ursolic acid market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for ursolic acid during the assessment period?
- How will the changing trends impact the ursolic acid market?
- How can market players capitalize on the low-hanging opportunities in the ursolic acid market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the ursolic acid market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the ursolic acid market to catapult their position to the forefront?
Ursolic Acid Market – Research Methodology
In TMR’s study, a unique research methodology has been used to conduct extensive research on the growth of the ursolic acid market and identify future growth parameters. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research to help analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts for compiling the ursolic acid market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the development of this report as a primary sources.
The information acquired from primary sources and secondary sources has been compiled in a comprehensive manner. This also acts as a validation from companies in the ursolic acid market, which makes TMR’s projections more accurate and reliable.
Ursolic Acid Market – Segmentation
TMR studies the ursolic acid market in terms of important segments. These are product type, nature, end use, processing type, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about the important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.