Urinary Tract Imaging Market: Introduction
Urinary tract imaging to benefit from significant level of first-in-class innovation
- Urinary tract imaging is used to correct urological issues. Urinary tract imaging plays a critical role in urology. Urinary tract systems in the body include kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Urinary Tract Imaging Market
- Prevalence of diseases and awareness about identification and treatment of kidney disease among people are driving the urinary tract imaging technology sector. However, imaging modalities need regular calibration to maintain accuracy.
- The need to obtain accurate data to initiate treatment is fueling the growth and adoption of new generation imaging methods. This, in turn, will increase the demand for urinary tract imaging devices for validation. Moreover, rise in per capita income is enabling people to undergo diagnostic tests.
- Urinary tract imaging indirectly helps medicine practitioners and experts to evaluate, interpret, analyze, and produce quality data needed for medical advice and treatment. These factors are likely to propel the urinary tract imaging market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, improvements in the medical imaging technique are assisting in speedy clinical trials of drugs, and playing a crucial role in innovation and development of advanced urinary imaging techniques for consistent, accurate, and optimal results.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Urinary Tract Imaging Market Report from this Brochure
X-Ray Imaging Segment to Witness High growth
- Based on product type, the global urinary tract imaging market can be divided into X-ray/fluoroscopy, ultrasound, computed tomography, intravenous urography, retrograde urography, percutaneous antegrade urography, cystography & cystourethrography, retrograde urethrography, radionuclide scanning, angiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and others
- X-ray imaging is one of the most widely used diagnostic methods. X-rays are carried out through a variety of methods to examine urinary tract structures to diagnose the disease.
- The computed tomography (CT) imaging procedure involves rotation of an X-ray tube around the patient to acquire multiple images from various angles. Radiologists and other physicians can then use these images to identify internal structures, along with their size, shape, texture, and density. The price of CT imaging has declined rapidly in the recent past, thus making the cost of CT scan more affordable for patients.
Rise in number of hospitals & ASCs will boost Hospital & ASCs Segment-
- Demand for urinary tract imaging is increasing rapidly due to rise in the number of hospitals and increase in government support for improving the health care sector, especially in Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East. According to the Central Bureau of Health Intelligence, the number of government hospitals in India increased from 4,571 in 2000 to 11,993 in 2011.
- Significant rise in the number of hospitals in Asia Pacific, Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America is likely to boost the growth of the urinary tract imaging market
- According to the National Health Expenditure Accounts (NHEA), health care expenditure in the U.S. was 17.9% of the GDP in 2017. The per capita expenditure on health care increased from US$ 6,700 in 2006 to US$ 8,500 in 2011 and has reached US$ 10,739 per person in 2017. Hence, rise in the number of patients in the region will prefer timely diagnosis.
North America to Lead the Global Urinary Tract Imaging Market
- In terms of region, the global urinary tract imaging market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominates the global urinary tract imaging market. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast due to high adoption of superior technologies across all end-user segments.
- Investments in cutting-edge research, emphasis on remedies for diagnosis concerns, and concentration of world’s major pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations and academic institutes in the region are factors that will propel urinary tract imaging market in this region
- Europe held a prominent share of the global urinary tract imaging market, in terms of revenue. Expansion of this market in Europe can be attributed to rise in kidney disease diagnosis, well-established health care infrastructure, and presence of major players in the market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Urinary Tract Imaging Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global urinary tract imaging market is highly fragmented, in terms of number of players. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Siemens Healthineers
- Olympus Corporation
- CONMED Corporation
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI)
- Carestream Health
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- GE Healthcare
- Shimadzu Corporation
Global Urinary Tract Imaging Market: Research Scope
Global Urinary Tract Imaging Market, by Product Type
- Computed Tomography
- Intravenous Urography
- Retrograde Urography
- Percutaneous Antegrade Urography
- Cystography & Cystourethrography
- Retrograde Urethrography
- Radionuclide Scanning
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Global Urinary Tract Imaging Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Urinary Tract Imaging Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.