Expansion in Emerging Economies of Asia Pacific and Latin America to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Factor responsible for the expansion of the urinary self-catheters market in Asia Pacific includes increase in geriatric population and number of patients suffering from chronic diseases. Furthermore, rise in the adoption of advanced urinary incontinence products by health care professionals and favorable government reimbursement policies are driving the urinary self-catheters market in Asia Pacific.
- Latin America comprises Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of LATAM. Brazil accounted for the largest share of the urinary self-catheters market in Latin America. The trend of acquiring distributors or small domestic players in Latin America is estimated to propel the expansion of the market in the region.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Urinary Self-catheters Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Urinary Self-catheters Market
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs) have become a major cause of concern for health care providers and professionals across the world. Hence, there is an increase in demand for improved and/or technologically advanced urinary self-catheters globally, especially in developed economies, such as the U.S. and Japan, and Germany.
- Geriatric population suffers from a wide range of urinary disorders, especially urinary incontinence and urinary retention. Hence, increase in elderly population is one of the major growth drivers of the global urinary catheters market.
- Improved health care policies and advanced health care facilities in countries such as the U.S., Japan, the U.K. and countries of Western Europe, along with growing access to various diagnostic and treatment services have increased the life expectancy of people
- Lack of reimbursement policies is one of the major factors restraining the urinary catheters market growth in emerging economies
Intermittent Catheters Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on product, the global urinary self-catheters market can be divided into intermittent catheters, uncoated intermittent catheters, coated intermittent catheters, antimicrobial intermittent catheters, hydrophilic intermittent catheters, external catheters, and others
- Factors propelling the expansion of the intermittent catheters segment are increase in demand for intermittent catheters, their easy availability, favorable government policies, and affordable pricing
Female Type Catheters Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on type, the global urinary self-catheters market can be divided into male type catheter, and female type catheter
- Female type catheter dominated the global market, owing to high usage of urinary-self catheters by females
Spinal Cord Injuries Segment to Expand Significantly
- On the basis of application, the global urinary self-catheters market can be categorized into Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH), urinary incontinence, spinal cord injuries, others
- Spinal cord injuries accounted for the highest market share in 2018, owing to rise in incidence rate of spinal injuries. Moreover, patients with spinal injuries are unable to urinate and use urinary catheters.
Hospitals End-user Segment Dominated Urinary Self-catheters Market
- Based on end-user, the global urinary self-catheters market can be classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, dialysis centers, and others
- Growth of the hospitals segment can be attributed to the increased usage of urinary self-catheters in hospitals due to rise in the number of patient admissions
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Urinary Self-catheters Market Report
North America to Lead Global Urinary Self-catheters Market
- In terms of region, the global urinary self-catheters market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Established industrial infrastructure and increase in development of advanced urinary self-catheters are major factors that are likely to propel the expansion of the market in North America during the forecast period. However, rise in demand for minimally invasive catheterization, and government regulations for quality assurance of catheters are anticipated to boost the expansion of the market.
- The U.S. dominated the market in North America due to increased awareness, significant health care budget, early availability of advanced technologies, and extensive research activities carried out in the country
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global urinary self-catheters market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- TE Connectivity Corporation (AdvancedCath)
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- Cook Medical
- Medtronic plc.
- Hollister Incorporated
- Teleflex Incorporated
- ConvaTec, Inc.
Global Urinary Self-catheters Market, by Product
- Intermittent Catheters
- Uncoated Intermittent Catheters
- Coated Intermittent Catheters
- Antimicrobial Intermittent Catheters
- Hydrophilic Intermittent Catheters
- External Catheters
Global Urinary Self-catheters Market, by Type
- Male Type Catheter
- Female Type Catheter
Global Urinary Self-catheters Market, by Application
- Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Global Urinary Self-catheters Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Dialysis Centers
Global Urinary Self-catheters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.