Expansion in Emerging Economies of Asia Pacific and Latin America to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Factor responsible for the expansion of the urinary self-catheters market in Asia Pacific includes increase in geriatric population and number of patients suffering from chronic diseases. Furthermore, rise in the adoption of advanced urinary incontinence products by health care professionals and favorable government reimbursement policies are driving the urinary self-catheters market in Asia Pacific.
- Latin America comprises Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of LATAM. Brazil accounted for the largest share of the urinary self-catheters market in Latin America. The trend of acquiring distributors or small domestic players in Latin America is estimated to propel the expansion of the market in the region.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Urinary Self-catheters Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Urinary Self-catheters Market
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs) have become a major cause of concern for health care providers and professionals across the world. Hence, there is an increase in demand for improved and/or technologically advanced urinary self-catheters globally, especially in developed economies, such as the U.S. and Japan, and Germany.
- Geriatric population suffers from a wide range of urinary disorders, especially urinary incontinence and urinary retention. Hence, increase in elderly population is one of the major growth drivers of the global urinary catheters market.
- Improved health care policies and advanced health care facilities in countries such as the U.S., Japan, the U.K. and countries of Western Europe, along with growing access to various diagnostic and treatment services have increased the life expectancy of people
- Lack of reimbursement policies is one of the major factors restraining the urinary catheters market growth in emerging economies
Intermittent Catheters Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on product, the global urinary self-catheters market can be divided into intermittent catheters, uncoated intermittent catheters, coated intermittent catheters, antimicrobial intermittent catheters, hydrophilic intermittent catheters, external catheters, and others
- Factors propelling the expansion of the intermittent catheters segment are increase in demand for intermittent catheters, their easy availability, favorable government policies, and affordable pricing
Female Type Catheters Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on type, the global urinary self-catheters market can be divided into male type catheter, and female type catheter
- Female type catheter dominated the global market, owing to high usage of urinary-self catheters by females
Spinal Cord Injuries Segment to Expand Significantly
- On the basis of application, the global urinary self-catheters market can be categorized into Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH), urinary incontinence, spinal cord injuries, others
- Spinal cord injuries accounted for the highest market share in 2018, owing to rise in incidence rate of spinal injuries. Moreover, patients with spinal injuries are unable to urinate and use urinary catheters.
Hospitals End-user Segment Dominated Urinary Self-catheters Market
- Based on end-user, the global urinary self-catheters market can be classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, dialysis centers, and others
- Growth of the hospitals segment can be attributed to the increased usage of urinary self-catheters in hospitals due to rise in the number of patient admissions
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Urinary Self-catheters Market Report
North America to Lead Global Urinary Self-catheters Market
- In terms of region, the global urinary self-catheters market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Established industrial infrastructure and increase in development of advanced urinary self-catheters are major factors that are likely to propel the expansion of the market in North America during the forecast period. However, rise in demand for minimally invasive catheterization, and government regulations for quality assurance of catheters are anticipated to boost the expansion of the market.
- The U.S. dominated the market in North America due to increased awareness, significant health care budget, early availability of advanced technologies, and extensive research activities carried out in the country
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global urinary self-catheters market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- TE Connectivity Corporation (AdvancedCath)
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- Cook Medical
- Medtronic plc.
- Hollister Incorporated
- Teleflex Incorporated
- ConvaTec, Inc.
Global Urinary Self-catheters Market, by Product
- Intermittent Catheters
- Uncoated Intermittent Catheters
- Coated Intermittent Catheters
- Antimicrobial Intermittent Catheters
- Hydrophilic Intermittent Catheters
- External Catheters
Global Urinary Self-catheters Market, by Type
- Male Type Catheter
- Female Type Catheter
Global Urinary Self-catheters Market, by Application
- Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Global Urinary Self-catheters Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Dialysis Centers
Global Urinary Self-catheters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.