Urinary Protein Reagents: Introduction
- Measurement and management of total protein in urine is important in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions associated with cardiac, renal, and thyroid function. These diseases are usually characterized by proteinuria.
- Proteinuria is also known as albuminuria. It is a condition, in which the amount of protein present in urine is greater than normal. It is usually associated with some form of abnormality or disease, but can be occasionally seen in healthy individuals.
- The four main types of proteinuria are abnormal secretion of protein into the urinary tract (postrenal proteinuria), defective tubular reabsorption (tubular proteinuria), increased glomerular permeability (glomerular proteinuria), and increased concentration of low molecular weight protein (overload proteinuria)
- Urine protein reagents are used for the quantitative measurement of total protein in humans
- Urine protein reagents are used in turbidimetric, colourimetric, and electrophoretic diagnosis procedures to determine total protein contained in the urine
Key Drivers of Global Urinary Protein Reagents Market
- A number of micro as well as macroeconomic factors fuel the growth of the global urinary protein reagents market
- Recent surge in the number of kidney and urinary disorders across the globe is a major factor boosting the growth of the global market. Rise in consumption of alcohol and normal aging have increased the prevalence of urinary and kidney disorders. This in turn fuels the growth of the global urinary protein reagents market.
- According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III- 1988–1994), the prevalence of proteinuria in the U.S. was 9.7% in females and 6.1% in males. The prevalence of proteinuria in patients with diabetes was 28.8%, 16.0% in patients with hypertension, and 5.1% in those without cardiovascular disease, hypertension, diabetes, or elevated serum creatinine level.
- Introduction of novel urinary testing methods is another key factor propelling the global urinary protein reagents market. Additionally, adoption of new and advanced technologies, increase in recommendation for regular urine testing, and rise in awareness among the general population are the other factors fueling the growth of the global urinary protein reagents market.
Nephrosis Segment to be Most Attractive Segment
- In terms of indication, the global urinary protein reagents market can be classified into hypothermia, diabetic nephropathy, urinary tract infections, nephrosis, and others
- The nephrosis segment is projected to dominate the global urinary protein reagents market during the forecast period due to increase in patient population with chronic kidney diseases
North America to Dominate Global Urinary Protein Reagents Market
- In terms of region, the global urinary protein reagents market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is anticipated to dominate the global urinary protein reagents market during the forecast period.
- Growth of the market in North America is attributed to rise in awareness about health care problems and increase in demand for regular urinary protein test. Europe was the second largest market for urinary protein reagents in terms of revenue in 2020. Growth of the market in the region is ascribed to increase in per capita medical expenditure and rise in spending on preemptive medical testing and diagnostics.
Key Players Operating in Global Urinary Protein Reagents Market
The global urinary protein reagents market is fragmented, with the presence of international as well as local players. Key players operating in the global urinary protein reagents market are:
- Beckman Coulter, Inc. (Danaher Corporation)
- Quantimetrix Corporation
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Sclavo Diagnostics International Spa
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Merck KGaA
- Randox Laboratories
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Bioassay Systems LLC
- Sentinel Diagnostics - Sentinel CH. S.p.A
- Abbott Laboratories
Global Urinary Protein Reagents Market: Research Scope
Global Urinary Protein Reagents Market, by Indication
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Urinary Tract Infections
Global Urinary Protein Reagents Market, by Type
- ELISA Based Reagent
- Colorimetric Method Based Reagent
Global Urinary Protein Reagents Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinic
- Diagnostics Laboratory
Global Urinary Protein Reagents Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa