Urinalysis Test Strips Market: Introduction
- Urinalysis test strip is a diagnostic tool that helps determine the pathological changes in a patient's urine in standard urinalysis. A standard test strip comprises 10 different colors that react when immersed in, and then removed from, a urine sample. The test requires 60 to 120 seconds, after dipping, to read the sample. Urine test strips are available for multiple purposes. Qualitative strips only determine if the sample is positive or negative; however, semi-quantitative ones in addition to providing a positive or negative reaction also provide an estimation of a quantitative result. These test strips are employed to test the presence of ketones, hemoglobin, acetone, nitrite, glucose, proteins, bilirubin as well as specific gravity and pH. They are also used to test for infection by different pathogens.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market
- Urinary tract infection most commonly occurs in women due to their shorter urethras. According to Urology Care Foundation, approximately 8.1 million visits to healthcare providers were recorded due to UTI, and about 12% of men and 60% of women would have UTI once during their lifetime. Thus, an increase in number of patients with urinary tract infections is likely to augment the market.
- New diagnostic tools help identify infectious diseases. Epidemiological surveillance, facilitation of clinical trial enrollment, antimicrobial stewardship, and infection control are influenced by new diagnostics test. Thus, an increase in adoption of modern test strips is anticipated to drive the market.
- Rise in awareness regarding early diagnosis and the development of novel diagnostics has facilitated rapid diagnosis at lower costs and at greater convenience, which is also likely to propel the demand for the urinalysis test strips and subsequently, drive the market in the near future
- Governments in developing countries are making significant investments toward modernization of healthcare infrastructure and life science industries, which is likely to increase access to healthcare and thereby create significant opportunity in the market. Moreover, increase in focus of industry players on investments in developing regions to expand business is expected to augment the market in the next few years and thereby, offer significant opportunities to key players in the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global urinalysis test strips market due to high prevalence of infectious diseases among the population in the region
- The urinalysis test strips market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Expanding unmet clinical needs and rising demand for cost-effective solutions are key factors that are likely to drive the market.
Key Players Operating in Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market
The global urinalysis test strips market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Demand for urinalysis test strips has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Industry players are adopting practices of appointing third-party distributors to expand their market presence. This has led to a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. For instance, Vetlab Supplies Ltd and MEDEXSUPPLY.COM are key distributors of the urinalysis test strips products.
Major players operating in the global urinalysis test strips market are:
- AdvaCare Pharma
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- ACON Laboratories, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Siemens Healthcare
- Cardinal Health
- Clarity Diagnostics
- ulti med Products
- Bioway Biological Technology Co.,Ltd
Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market: Research Scope
Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market, by Sample Type
Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market, by Mode of Application
- Blood Testing
- Protein Testing
Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market, by End-user
- Hospitals and Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostics Centers
Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.