Urinalysis Test Strips Market: Introduction
- Urinalysis test strip is a diagnostic tool that helps determine the pathological changes in a patient's urine in standard urinalysis. A standard test strip comprises 10 different colors that react when immersed in, and then removed from, a urine sample. The test requires 60 to 120 seconds, after dipping, to read the sample. Urine test strips are available for multiple purposes. Qualitative strips only determine if the sample is positive or negative; however, semi-quantitative ones in addition to providing a positive or negative reaction also provide an estimation of a quantitative result. These test strips are employed to test the presence of ketones, hemoglobin, acetone, nitrite, glucose, proteins, bilirubin as well as specific gravity and pH. They are also used to test for infection by different pathogens.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market
- Urinary tract infection most commonly occurs in women due to their shorter urethras. According to Urology Care Foundation, approximately 8.1 million visits to healthcare providers were recorded due to UTI, and about 12% of men and 60% of women would have UTI once during their lifetime. Thus, an increase in number of patients with urinary tract infections is likely to augment the market.
- New diagnostic tools help identify infectious diseases. Epidemiological surveillance, facilitation of clinical trial enrollment, antimicrobial stewardship, and infection control are influenced by new diagnostics test. Thus, an increase in adoption of modern test strips is anticipated to drive the market.
- Rise in awareness regarding early diagnosis and the development of novel diagnostics has facilitated rapid diagnosis at lower costs and at greater convenience, which is also likely to propel the demand for the urinalysis test strips and subsequently, drive the market in the near future
- Governments in developing countries are making significant investments toward modernization of healthcare infrastructure and life science industries, which is likely to increase access to healthcare and thereby create significant opportunity in the market. Moreover, increase in focus of industry players on investments in developing regions to expand business is expected to augment the market in the next few years and thereby, offer significant opportunities to key players in the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global urinalysis test strips market due to high prevalence of infectious diseases among the population in the region
- The urinalysis test strips market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Expanding unmet clinical needs and rising demand for cost-effective solutions are key factors that are likely to drive the market.
Key Players Operating in Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market
The global urinalysis test strips market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Demand for urinalysis test strips has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Industry players are adopting practices of appointing third-party distributors to expand their market presence. This has led to a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. For instance, Vetlab Supplies Ltd and MEDEXSUPPLY.COM are key distributors of the urinalysis test strips products.
Major players operating in the global urinalysis test strips market are:
- AdvaCare Pharma
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- ACON Laboratories, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Siemens Healthcare
- Cardinal Health
- Clarity Diagnostics
- ulti med Products
- Bioway Biological Technology Co.,Ltd
Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market: Research Scope
Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market, by Sample Type
Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market, by Mode of Application
- Blood Testing
- Protein Testing
Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market, by End-user
- Hospitals and Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostics Centers
Global Urinalysis Test Strips Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!