Urgent Care Centers Market
Urgent Care Centers Market (Service: Illness, Injury, Physical, Vaccination, Diagnostic, and Screening; and Ownership: Corporate-owned Urgent Care Centers, Physician-owned Urgent Care Centers, Hospital-owned Urgent Care Centers, and Other Urgent Care Centers) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
‘Patient as a Consumer’ Trend Set to Redefine Future of Urgent Care Centers
Over the past couple of decades, a number of factors have played an essential role in boosting the overall growth of the healthcare sector around the world. Increasing government support, rising investments, surge in the number of patients suffering from an array of medical diseases and conditions, and advancements in medical technology are some of the most fundamental drivers that have dictated the growth trajectory of the healthcare sector. As the healthcare sector around the world continues to progress, its direct impact can be witnessed across the global urgent care centers market. Due to favorable government policies and efficient license obtaining procedures, the number of urgent care centers (UCCs) around the world have increased at a rapid pace-a trend that is expected to continue during the forecast period.
In addition, some of the major factors that are anticipated to influence the market growth include the growing demand for improved work-life balance by physicians, convenience, patient convenience, and costs. At present, physicians and urgent care center owners are increasingly focusing on minimizing the administrative burden to increase efficiency and gain a slight competitive edge. The urgent care centers market has witnessed considerable growth over the past few years, as patients are increasingly swaying toward urgent care clinics over traditional centers due to convenience factors, including longer operational hours and walk-in appointments.
At present, as urgent care centers are focusing on integrating elements from the retail sector such as ground-floor location for easy access, streamlined process to schedule appointments using advanced technology, and customer-first approach, the global urgent care centers market is expected to reach US$ 35.4 Bn by the end of 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Urgent Care Centers Market
Soaring Interest of Millennial Population to Provide Boost to Global Market
In several regions around the world, the soaring costs of healthcare facilities continue to remain a major concern. However, as more number of urgent care centers are gradually entering the healthcare space, primary healthcare landscape around the world, particularly in developed regions, such as Europe and North America is gradually evolving. Urgent care centers are comparatively cheaper than emergency departments due to which, the demand has witnessed a consistent surge over the past decade, mainly driven by the millennial population.
The average price-per-visit of urgent care centers in several parts of the world are relatively lower than that of hospital-based emergency departments and freestanding emergency departments– another factor that is driving the urgent care centers market. While the demand from the younger population is projected to grow at a rapid pace, the ageing population is also gradually swaying toward urgent care centers, owing to convenience, costs, and rapid nature of the treatment, among others.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
In addition, reduced or limited access to primary care, particularly in developed regions including North America, is another factor due to which, the younger population is increasingly favoring urgent care centers over other alternatives. This is likely to have a direct impact on the growth of the urgent care centers market during the assessment period.
While convenience and costs are expected to have a strong influence, the financial landscape involving insurance companies is expected to set the ball running for the stakeholders operating in the urgent care centers market. Insurance companies around the world are increasingly offering incentives across their networks to patients who opt to visit urgent care centers.
Activity in Urgent Care Centers to Remain Steady amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to put pressure on the healthcare system around the world, as more number of patients seek treatment for the novel COVID-19 disease. In addition, governments across the world are increasingly focusing on the containment of the novel coronavirus due to which, the healthcare sector is likely to be exhausted, particularly in 2020. Urgent care centers around the world are increasingly focusing on accessing tests for COVID-19 to cater to the influx of patients. Urgent care centers around the world are at the frontlines of healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic and are expected to comply with protocols.
A factor that could potentially minimize demand for urgent care centers includes increasing fear among patients regarding the potential of contracting the novel COVID-19 virus at urgent care centers. Urgent care centers are expected to optimize patient safety and implement robust guidelines to prevent the transmission of the novel COVID-19 virus. Despite uncertainty among patients, activity across urgent care centers around the world is expected to remain normal amid the ongoing pandemic. This is likely to fuel the expansion of the urgent care centers market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The global urgent care centers market is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The market growth is primarily driven by three major factors, including improved convenience, rapid pace of treatment, and lower cost in comparison with emergency centers and other alternatives. In addition, increasing support from government agencies and insurance companies in different regions of the world is expected to play an important role in boosting the market for urgent care centers during the assessment period. Despite the looming uncertainty during the COVID-19 pandemic, urgent care centers will remain critical
Urgent Care Centers Market: Overview
- The global urgent care centers market was valued at US$ 23.5 Bn in 2018. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~5% from 2019 to 2027. The Urgent Care Association of America defines urgent care centers (UCCs) as medical care centers that provide healthcare services on a no‐appointment or walk-in basis for illnesses or injuries that are not life threatening and are beyond the scope of traditional primary care or retail clinics.
- Rise in healthcare spending expenditure, along with increase in the geriatric population in particular has boosted the demand for cost-effective and convenient medical care worldwide
- Urgent care model provides convenient access to a healthcare professional with or without appointment. The average waiting time in urgent care centers is less than 30 minutes from arrival, as compared to approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes for an ER visit.
- Urgent care centers provide quality healthcare services to the general public around the world, which is cost-effective
- Increase in healthcare insurance coverage is expected to fuel the demand for urgent care services. Patients with private coverage are more likely to seek medical treatment at an urgent care center than an ER or other hospital settings, as insurance companies have implemented initiatives for patients within their networks to visit UCCs. For instance, an insurance provider charges patients one-fourth the copay for a visit to UCC as compared to a visit to an ER.
- Services of urgent care centers can be segregated into illness, injury, physical, diagnostic, screening, and vaccination. These services include conditions such as upper respiratory infections, cough & cold, pharyngitis, urinary tract infections, minor injuries, fever, etc. However, UCCs do not provide any ambulatory and critical care services.
Urgent Care Centers Market: Segmentation
- The global urgent care centers market has been segmented based on service, ownership, and region
- In terms of service, the global urgent care centers market has been categorized into illness, injury, physical, diagnostic, screening and vaccination. The illness segment dominated the global urgent care center market in 2018, and the trend is expected to continue from 2019 to 2027.
- Based on ownership, the global urgent care centers market has been classified into corporate-owned urgent care centers, physician-owned urgent care centers, hospital-owned urgent care centers, and other urgent care centers. The hospital-owned urgent care centers segment dominated the global urgent care center market in 2018, and the trend is expected to continue from 2019 to 2027.
Urgent Care Centers Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global urgent care centers market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World
- North America dominated the global urgent care centers market in 2018, and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. This is attributed to high adoption of UCCs for non-emergency conditions.
- The urgent care centers market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2019 to 2027. Japan, India, China, Australia, and New Zealand are prominent countries that offer immense opportunities to leading players operating in the market.
Urgent Care Centers Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global urgent care centers market are
- Concentra, Inc.
- American Famil Care
- NextCare Holdings, Inc
- FastMed Urgent Care
- HCA CareNow
- CareSpot Family of Urgent Care Brands
- GoHealth Urgent Care
- Patient First
- Companies are focused on emerging regions, as the patient pool in these regions is significantly high, owing to increase in the number of cases suffering from moderate illness & minor injuries
Urgent Care Centers Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global urgent care centers market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the global market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall revenue of the global urgent care centers market from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global urgent care centers market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global urgent care centers market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global urgent care centers market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global urgent care centers market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global urgent care centers market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include reimbursement scenarios for urgent care centers globally, disease prevalence & incidence rate globally with key countries, and key mergers & acquisitions.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global urgent care centers market. Key players operating in the global urgent care centers market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for its distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global urgent care centers market report.
Key Questions Answered in Urgent Care Centers Market Report
- What will be the sales revenue generated by urgent care centers across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global urgent care centers market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global urgent care centers market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which service segment will generate the maximum revenue by 2027 and which ownership segment will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Urgent Care Centers Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global urgent care centers market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global urgent care centers market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global urgent care centers market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y growth trends of the global market. The next section of the global urgent care centers market report highlights the USPs, which include reimbursement scenarios for urgent care centers globally, key mergers & acquisitions, and disease prevalence & incidence rate globally with key countries.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key players in the global urgent care centers market has been mapped to ascertain the size of the global urgent care centers market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global urgent care centers market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current urgent care centers market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global urgent care centers market in terms of service, ownership, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share of each of these by the end of 2027 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global urgent care centers market.
Urgent Care Centers Market – Segmentation