Urethral Bulking System Market: Introduction
- Urethral bulking is used to treat urinary incontinence. It involves injecting material, such as collagen, around the urethra. Urinary incontinence is a crucial health issue that is usually experienced in women, which leads to urine leakage due to pressure exerted on the bladder and urethra of the patients. Urethal bulking is performed by closing a hole that is responsible for the leak or by building up the thickness of the urethra wall in order to seal it tightly and retain urine. The bulking material is generally injected around the urethra outside its muscles at the bladder outlet; however, it could also be injected through the skin or through the vagina. The placement of the needle is done though a cytoscope inserted into the urethra. Urethra bulking procedures are performed under local anesthesia and if the incontinence hasn’t been restored, the patient may need another injection treatment.
- Urethral incontinence is majorly treated by surgery; however, the urethral bulking system has been proven to be a highly effective treatment for patients. As per National Association for Incontinence research, in 2019, around 25 million people in the U.S. are estimated to have suffered from urinary incontinence and among them 80% are likely to be women. Moreover, urinary incontinence affects around 200 million people, globally, thereby stress urinary continence affects around 15 million adult women in the U.S. These statistics are fueling the global ureteral bulking system market. Urethral bulking system is a kit that comprises sterile syringes filled with the gel, rotatable sheath, and Injection needles. Various gels used in the bulking system against urinary incontinence.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Urethral Bulking System Market
Key Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities of Global Urethral Bulking System Market
- Rising incidences of urinary continence among females is a major factor that is estimated to propel the global ureteral bulking system market during the forecast period. Increase in awareness about urinary incontinence and the availability of ureteral bulking system kit to manage the condition are expected to augment the market in the next few years. As per NCBI research, around 24% of women between the age group of 18 to 44 experience urinary incontinence, which demands better treatment to manage the condition. Availability of various bulking agents offered by key players and strong distribution channel offering bulking agents are likely to drive the global urethral bulking system market in the next few years.
- Urethral bulking agents are the best alternative to surgical intervention in women with stress urinary incontinence. Furthermore, ureteral bulking system is a kit containing innovative gel, which provides clinical effectiveness and the durability that is expected to provide low treatment morbidity and low risk of adverse events.
- Fewer side-effects associated with patients using ureteral bulking agents, such as transient urinary retention, hematuria, bulking agent extrusion, and granuloma formation, is estimated to restrain the ureteral bulking system market during the forecast period. In fewer studies, such as PAHG study, adverse events occurred in women treated with PAHG was 59.4% and in treatment with collagen is 54.3%. The adverse events experienced by women is urinary tract infection and injection site pain.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Urethral Bulking System Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global urethral bulking system market attributable to rising prevalence of urinary incontinence among adults, availability of innovative bulking gel, technological advancements, and efficacy or outcome of bulking agents to treat urinary continence condition. Presence of key players offering urethral bulking system kits is anticipated to boost the global urethral bulking system market in the region. Adoption of macroplastique bulking agent for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence in men and women is estimated to boost the global market.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand significantly during the forecast period. Rise in prevalence of stress urinary incontinence in the region in both men and women is a major factor that is projected to propel the market during the forecast period. As per NCBI research, prevalence rate of stress urinary incontinence in women in China is estimated to be 12.9%, as compared to other type of urinary incontinence. Rate of prevalence of urinary incontinence among women is higher, which drives the demand for ureteral bulking system in order to manage the condition.
Key Players Operating in Global Urethral Bulking System Market
The global urethral bulking system market is highly consolidated with the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global urethral bulking system market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation or its affiliates
- Contura Ltd.
- Coloplast Corp
- CR Bard,
- Merz Aesthetics
- Cogentix Medical
- Uroplasty, Inc.
- ASCENTX MEDICAL, INC.,
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Urethral Bulking System Market: Research Scope
Global Urethral Bulking System Market: by Disease Type
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urge incontinence
- Overflow incontinence
- Functional incontinence
Global Urethral Bulking System Market, by Agent
Global Urethral Bulking System Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.