Underground Service Locator Market: Introduction
- The underground service locator is a type of equipment, which is used to inspect underground services. Underground service locator are placed so that it can identify underground waste, telephone lines, electric power cables, cable TV, gas pipelines, sewer lines, among others in order to minimize the threat of utility damage. Moreover, the underground service locator generally comprises two modules that includes a receiver and a transmitter, which are used to detect and identify the signal's frequency, single frequency, and multiple frequency locators.
- The global manufacturing industry has been severely affected by the suspension of the manufacturing activities in the wake of the enduring pandemic, due to the shutdown of some component manufacturing facilities across several countries worldwide. Furthermore, shortage of labor together with potential supply chain blocks of equipment and materials is expected to hamper the manufacturing of underground service locator across developed and developing countries. This, in turn, has hampered the global underground service locator market.
Global Underground Service Locator Market: Market Dynamics
- Rise in concerns about protection and safety of underground utilities is expected to boost the underground service locator market
- Consistent advancements in technologies, such as artificial intelligence and machine learning that are used to develop advanced underground locators, are expected to boost the underground service locator market
- Stringent standards and regulations imposed by governments of developed and developing countries for using suitable detecting device in oil & gas and power generation industries are expected to further propel the underground service locator market
- Rise in number of construction and infrastructure activities across developing and developed countries is projected to fuel the global underground service locator market
- However, high maintenance costs and possession limits are likely to hamper the underground service locator market
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Underground Service Locator Market
- Based on region, the global underground service locator market can be divided into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to lead the global underground service locator market, due to rising focus on public security and safety. Furthermore, the governments of the U.S. and Canada are increasing their efforts to reduce damage to pipelines and other underground utilities during the implementation of remodeling activities. This factor propels the underground service locator market in North America.
- The underground service locator market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold substantial share due to rising construction and infrastructure activities in developing countries such as China and India. Additionally, use of underground service locator to map and identify underground utilities such as water pipes, electric cable distribution, gas pipelines, and telecommunication lines is expected to further fuel the market across Asia Pacific.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and South America is projected to account notable share of the global underground service locator market
Global Underground Service Locator Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Underground Service Locator Market
Companies operating in the underground service locator market are increasingly investing in research & development to develop new and innovative techniques to provide an underground service locator. The underground service locator market is highly fragmented with the presence of numerous manufacturers in both developed and developing regions. Key players operating in the global underground service locator market include:
- Contretron Inc.
- Emerson Electric Co. (Ridge Tool Company)
- GSSI Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc.
- HDD Broker LLC.
- Hexagon’s AB
- Leica Microsystems
- PipeHawk Plc
- Radiodetection Ltd.
- Sensors & Software Inc.
- The Mainmark Group of Companies.
Global Underground Service Locator Market: Research Scope
Global Underground Service Locator Market Segmentation, by Location
- Active Location
- Passive Location
Global Underground Service Locator Market Segmentation, by Service Type
- Pipe Locator
- Cables Locator
- Septic Tanks Locator
- Blockages Locator
Global Underground Service Locator Market Segmentation, by Technique
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Electronic Market Systems (EMSs)
- RF Transmitter or Electromagnetic Field
- Sound Detector
- Magnetic Locator
Global Underground Service Locator Market Segmentation, by End-user
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Power Generation Industry
- Cable and Telephone Companies
- Water and Wastewater
- Mass Transit and Rail Companies
Global Underground Service Locator Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.